User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2014-02-13, 16:00
4 posts

Feb 2014
Hi,

I installed ezQuake and my question is how do i set a midair server to play with some friends? do i need a midair mod? i remenber that when i played QW we just "callvote" it, i dunno if im wrong but if anyone could help me..

Regards,
2014-02-13, 17:20
343 posts

Feb 2006
/dmm4
/midair
/endif <- or whatever map you like
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2014-02-13, 17:49
4 posts

Feb 2014
Thanks, but what i need to know is on LAN how do i set a midair game to play with some friends? i enter ezQuake type /dmm4 /midair and it says unknown cmd or something..

Regards,
2014-02-13, 23:58
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
HaXch wrote:
Thanks, but what i need to know is on LAN how do i set a midair game to play with some friends? i enter ezQuake type /dmm4 /midair and it says unknown cmd or something..

Regards,

No idea how to do it locally, but if you connect to a server (which you can find on qtv.quakeworld.nu) and then type those commands, it'll work fine.

/connect <whichever server you like>
/endif

Those commands should be enough as the servers usually put midair automatically when you choose endif. Otherwise /dmm4 /midair

Yours,
2014-02-14, 12:03
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
yo,

if you want to play on lan, you'll need a server binary.

download nquakesv from www.nquake.com
configure it, set the number of ktx ports, and run it.

then try to connect to it, and type the commands mentioned here, by that order. it should work.
if it doesn't, its a ktx configuration issue, you'll have to edit some cfg files. we can help you with that also.

if you want to play right away, there's feijoada servers, you should ping fine there
feijoada.no-ip.org:27501

http://www.quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers/c=17/
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  5 posts on 1 page  1