User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2006-05-01, 10:57
182 posts

Mar 2006
I'm looking to assemble an "all NOT Idsoftware" pak0.pak replacement for multiplayer purposes. And --- you guessed it --- because if this can happen, even the limits of the ID Software shareware license agreement don't apply. Then the Quake experience can be freed, once and for all, without worrying at all about technicalities, etc.

(I'm not concerned about professional play, f_modified stuff ... just to be able to get people into the game without having to worry about some T that didn't get crossed or some I that didn't get dotted).

I've seen Oldman show off a software HUD around here.

Some general questions -- and my focus is software Quake ... it's a breeze to do this for GL --- .....

Any charsets? HUD replacement elements? Replacement weapon models that don't require textures so they look right in software? Ammo boxes?

1. Basically anything that works in software Quake
2. *AND* doesn't look like dog <insert fav word>

How is the Quake *Remodelling* Project going? Are there any actual replacement models ... not just new textures for existing models?

I'd like to put this together quickly (2 to 3 weeks) and would appreciate any assistance.

Basically I'd like to put together a total nice pak0.pak containing all the components necessary for multiplayer minus any maps.

I will post any end results/files I assemble here when I'm done.
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2006-05-01, 11:51
251 posts

Mar 2006
The remodelling project is alive and kicking, allthough progress is slow at the moment

We are starting out with an all md3 pack and will look in to a mdl pack later on...

View Progress

So basicly finnished models are: b_models, keys, runes, quad, penta, ring, most of the projectiles and some of the weapons
Most of the uncomplete models are just missing a good textures, but a few are a bit further from being ready, like the g_shot witch i can't seem to get right
2006-05-01, 13:04
248 posts

Jan 2006
Ruohis, that progresspage is kinda nice. Perhaps add some colors, like one for completed, one for work-in-progress, one for not-yet-started
2006-05-02, 02:52
54 posts

Mar 2006
would love to see some more software huds! I can't seem to find oldmans?
2006-05-02, 08:55
1011 posts

Feb 2006
i don't remember doing a software hud from scratch...

maybe you are thinking of http://openquartz.sourceforge.net ?
2006-05-02, 10:53
182 posts

Mar 2006
Thanks Hetman! Can you link me up with those hud elements?

oldman wrote:
i don't remember doing a software hud from scratch...

maybe you are thinking of http://openquartz.sourceforge.net ?

I saw you post a software screenshot that looked like the standard FuhQuake-style look -- at least the HUD was, but was a software screenshot.

I'm not saying it was a FuhQuake screenshot, could have very well been EZQuake or maybe even ZQuake.

Was that you Oldman or am I confused? I tried doing a search for your old posts to locate it, but the post search for this forum only returns threads.

And yah, I know about Open Quartz ... it's a solid project but a lot of the models (v_rock2, health boxes, ammo boxes) don't look so hot to me.
--------
2006-05-02, 11:22
1011 posts

Feb 2006
yer the openquartz mdls aren't great, but the gfx.wad is pretty neat

i'm guessing you mean the screenshot i posted here - that was defs gfx.wad which is built up from graphics that have been around a while so i don't know the original author(s)
2006-05-02, 12:32
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
oldman wrote:
yer the openquartz mdls aren't great, but the gfx.wad is pretty neat

i'm guessing you mean the screenshot i posted here - that was defs gfx.wad which is built up from graphics that have been around a while so i don't know the original author(s)

pretty sure the ammo icons come from q3?
2006-05-02, 12:40
182 posts

Mar 2006
Empezar wrote:
pretty sure the ammo icons come from q3?

I probably won't use Q3 ones due to that, it's not so hard to take a given HUD set and palette-ized it and I have a few different ones that I know of.

Thanks for Wad link, Hetman!

Yeah, and Oldman, that was one I couldn't find
--------
2006-05-02, 21:23
54 posts

Mar 2006
Is there a guide for making software huds? I had a bit of a play but the items I changed never showed up in the hud I created, I guess they have to be correct size and filetype. Would rock if you could just move them like in GL-ezquake?
  10 posts on 1 page  1