User panel stuff on forum
  147 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
General Discussion
2015-11-06, 18:51
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
Mouse: Zowie FK2
Mousepad : Corepad deskpad XXXXXL
Sensitivity: 60 cm/360 .8659 at 800dpi no accel
Operating system : Windows 7
Ezquake
cl_maxfps : 539
Gameresolution: 1920x1080
FOV : 115.63 (equivalent of 100 at 4:3)
Monitor: Asus vg248qe 144hz, I've used lightboost in the past but I just got used to the motion blur so I'd prefer lower input lag
in_mouse: 3
Best LGC3 score: a little over 8000 on povdmm4

setup:
http://i.imgur.com/89p4qz0.jpg


(Edited 2015-11-10, 19:07)
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-06, 23:40
Administrator
878 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Nice pad!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2015-11-07, 01:09
News Writer
906 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
60cm/360... LOL, this would make most agile moves impossible.
2015-11-07, 03:57
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
dirtbox wrote:
60cm/360... LOL, this would make most agile moves impossible.


http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59775658.jpg
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-07, 08:54
Member
202 posts

Registered:
Dec 2006
Awesome setup, nice sens too. If you can get away with 60cm/360 in QW more power to you.
2015-11-07, 09:56
Member
279 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
povohat wrote:
Awesome setup, nice sens too. If you can get away with 60cm/360 in QW more power to you.


At least, if he plays a lot, he doesn't have to worry about time to go to the gym.
dev
2015-11-07, 14:15
News Writer
906 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
sedicious wrote:
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59775658.jpg

Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks
2015-11-07, 16:16
Administrator
630 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
sedicious wrote:

Monitor: Asus vg248qe 144hz, I've used lightboost in the past but I just got used to the motion blur so I'd prefer 7 ms input lag compared to 11 ms.


Is the vg248qe really 7ms on 144hz no lightboost? I think Renzo would beg to differ
2015-11-07, 17:18
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
Andeh wrote:
sedicious wrote:

Monitor: Asus vg248qe 144hz, I've used lightboost in the past but I just got used to the motion blur so I'd prefer 7 ms input lag compared to 11 ms.


Is the vg248qe really 7ms on 144hz no lightboost? I think Renzo would beg to differ


I vaguely remember reading that somewhere, if it's wrong I apologize. My point was that lightboost is known to add a few ms of input lag, which I've read Renzo post about before.
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-07, 17:52
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
dirtbox wrote:
sedicious wrote:
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59775658.jpg

Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


Consider the difference between your reply and bps's and understand why I posted that pic.

-BPS, a player who's known for playing qw at 50 cm/360, "nice pad".
-Now you ,who I find out plays at 7 cm/360, are trying to tell other people what is or is not possible. 60 is hardly that different than 50 and bps is a top player. I used to play 50 cm on a much smaller xxxl pad and didn't have any troubles.

On a side note gaiia, top cpm player ( 59 cm/360 no accel), won the cpm masters (several hundred dollar prize pool) 2 years in a row against people like memphis who plays at 30 cm and hal9000 who plays at 15. Yes I realize cpm and qw are different games and qw is faster in some ways. He also makes due using the smaller corepad xxxxl mousepad and I doubt he went through the trouble of making a custom table for it like I did.

Here's a frag vid of him. Most people are surprised to find out he plays 59 cm no accel and would have never guessed that otherwise.

https://youtu.be/Oq2Glc7hudY
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-08, 02:02
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.

EDIT: meant stage 6 ztricks

(Edited 2015-11-14, 15:44)
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-08, 04:51
Administrator
630 posts

Registered:
Nov 2008
Not to disturb your little discussion here but bps doesn't play on 50cm / 360. He might have at some point (even though I think it was 40cm/360) but nowadays he's got a higher sensitivity. Still pretty low though, compared to other players, but probably doesn't exceed 30cm/360. Perhaps bps could be so nice to fill you in with exact numbers ^^

<3
2015-11-08, 07:56
Member
202 posts

Registered:
Dec 2006
sedicious wrote:
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.

I just tried 60cm/360 for fun on ztricks and completed the whole thing. It takes a little more effort but still relatively easy.
2015-11-08, 10:29
News Writer
906 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Andeh wrote:
Not to disturb your little discussion here but bps doesn't play on 50cm / 360. He might have at some point (even though I think it was 40cm/360) but nowadays he's got a higher sensitivity. Still pretty low though, compared to other players, but probably doesn't exceed 30cm/360. Perhaps bps could be so nice to fill you in with exact numbers ^^

<3

bps told me it was something like 20cm/360
2015-11-08, 14:35
Member
279 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
sedicious wrote:
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.


You can't just ignore the fact that a sensitivity that requires almost half meter move for a 180 turn affects your total response time in fights. It is simple physics.
dev
2015-11-08, 18:07
Member
69 posts

Registered:
Aug 2014
andrestone wrote:
sedicious wrote:
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.


You can't just ignore the fact that a sensitivity that requires almost half meter move for a 180 turn affects your total response time in fights. It is simple physics.


it's not simple and it's barely even physics

maybe he can just move his arms faster than you? time to hit the gym!

now, let's change directions for a sec. the chair in that picture looks really comfortable - agree/disagree?
2015-11-08, 18:57
Member
279 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
BREADLORD420 wrote:
andrestone wrote:
sedicious wrote:
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.


You can't just ignore the fact that a sensitivity that requires almost half meter move for a 180 turn affects your total response time in fights. It is simple physics.


it's not simple and it's barely even physics

maybe he can just move his arms faster than you? time to hit the gym!

now, let's change directions for a sec. the chair in that picture looks really comfortable - agree/disagree?


Im not talking about athletes. Just about average quakeworld players.
dev
2015-11-08, 19:47
Member
69 posts

Registered:
Aug 2014
andrestone wrote:
BREADLORD420 wrote:
andrestone wrote:
sedicious wrote:
dirtbox wrote:
Lets put it to the test then.... I will record a demo of some moves that I do with my 7cm/360 set up and you try and do those same moves with 60cm/360. You can film how ridiculous you look while you do it for extra kicks


I just did stage 5 of ztricks at 80 cm/360. It's called moving your arm. I don't even do anything remotely special its just a style that some people use.


You can't just ignore the fact that a sensitivity that requires almost half meter move for a 180 turn affects your total response time in fights. It is simple physics.


it's not simple and it's barely even physics

maybe he can just move his arms faster than you? time to hit the gym!

now, let's change directions for a sec. the chair in that picture looks really comfortable - agree/disagree?


Im not talking about athletes. Just about average quakeworld players.


but gt told me he has 42cm arms after i called him fat
42cm > 7cm confirmed????? it doesnt take an expert to see why brazil is the best country at quackworld
2015-11-08, 19:50
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
Here's a link to where bps said he moused at around 50 cm/360

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/2978/your-mouse-sensitivity#38219

I had seen more recent posts indicated it was lower, but I was under the assumption that at least he used to play at 50.

I don't think anything short of becoming the best quakeworld player in the world would convince some of you that I'm not handicapping myself. If I felt I was handicapping myself I would increase my sensitivity, so if I'm playing sub-optimally that's on me.

If you really want to see what someone is capable of at ~60 cm check out youtube videos of gaiia playing cpm. If you want to tell him he can't turn around fast enough because of physics and stuff perhaps he'll send you his $900 prize winnings for letting him know.

edit: said lower sensitivity when I meant increase

(Edited 2015-11-08, 22:49)
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-08, 20:04
Member
69 posts

Registered:
Aug 2014
I just noticed the mouse is on the left side of the desk

What the fuck is this heresy? Pretty sure milton plays right handed (at least thats what I heard on IRC..............)
2015-11-08, 20:42
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
BREADLORD420 wrote:
I just noticed the mouse is on the left side of the desk

What the fuck is this heresy? Pretty sure milton plays right handed (at least thats what I heard on IRC..............)


edit:nevermind
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-08, 22:42
Member
279 posts

Registered:
Jan 2015
sedicious wrote:
Here's a link to where bps said he moused at around 50 cm/360

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/topic/2978/your-mouse-sensitivity#38219

I had seen more recent posts indicated it was lower, but I was under the assumption that at least he used to play at 50.

I don't think anything short of becoming the best quakeworld player in the world would convince some of you that I'm not handicapping myself. If I felt I was handicapping myself I would lower my sensitivity, so if I'm playing sub-optimally that's on me.

If you really want to see what someone is capable of at ~60 cm check out youtube videos of gaiia playing cpm. If you want to tell him he can't turn around fast enough because of physics and stuff perhaps he'll send you his $900 prize winnings for letting him know.


I never said that lower sens implies in being handicapped. There must be good features on lower sens game ofc.
dev
2015-11-09, 22:10
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
andrestone wrote:

I never said that lower sens implies in being handicapped. There must be good features on lower sens game ofc.


You said you thought a person wouldn't be able to turn around fast enough at that sens. It was just easier for me to say handicap.

I'll probably upload a mouse cam of me playing in a week or so. I'm just gonna do a quick FFA instagib match vs some cpm bots, bunnyhop around and get some 180 flicks on cam and see how fast my arm is moving.
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-10, 23:20
News Writer
906 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
If it makes sense in your mind that someone can move a mouse 30cm as fast as someone can move 3.5cm then good for you. What does it achieve? Better aim?

Arguably Locust has the best LG accuracy in QW... he uses either 6 or 7cm/360. I don't see the point of using a low sensitivity when you have the skill to accurately control a high one.
2015-11-11, 00:16
Member
36 posts

Registered:
Jan 2007
Mouse (what mouse, hertz, using drivers or no drivers, dpi settings): MS WMO @ 500hz, no drivers
Mousepad: Icemat 1st gen and/or Goliathus Speed
Sensitivity settings (cm/360, settings in qw client, settings in windows): 6cm/360, sens 19.6
Operating system: W7 Ultimate
Ezquake or other client? EzQuake 3.0
cl_maxfps: 616
cl_earlypackets: 1
sys_highpriority: -1
Gameresolution? 640x480 @ 120hz
FOV: 95
Monitor that you are using, and what refreshrate, using lightboost? An old 4:3 17" CRT
m_yaw and m_pitch settings? 0.022 yaw and 0.028 pitch
in_mouse 1/2/3? N/A

(Edited 2015-11-22, 04:54)
aka db | 6.O Clă member+founder
2015-11-11, 01:02
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Sep 2014
dirtbox wrote:
If it makes sense in your mind that someone can move a mouse 30cm as fast as someone can move 3.5cm then good for you. What does it achieve? Better aim?

Arguably Locust has the best LG accuracy in QW... he uses either 6 or 7cm/360. I don't see the point of using a low sensitivity when you have the skill to accurately control a high one.


I never made that claim. I said I don't feel handicapped with my ability to turn around fast enough. If I did I would increase my sensitivity. If I were to play at 5 cm mousing the way I do I could spin my character around roughly 20 times in less than half a second. What good would that do? People who mouse arm only are naturally going to need to use lower sensitivities than people only using their wrist. How low that sensitivity is up to personal preference and admittedly 60 cm is the absolute lowest I would go for quakeworld or similar games.


I use what I use because it is my preference. I never made any claims about it being superior. I came here to share my setting in the spirit of the thread and answer any questions anyone might of had. I find it immature to come into a thread like this and "LOL" at settings other people are using.
IGN: sinistral
2015-11-11, 02:53
Member
69 posts

Registered:
Aug 2014
sedicious wrote:
. I find it immature to come into a thread like this and "LOL" at settings other people are using.


It's not just about that, man!

You also need to pepper each post with namedropping. Say what Milton or Rikoll or some other Known Player uses when they play. Recite all the worthless knowledge you've memorized from half-baked IRC conversations and old forum threads. Ridicule the people who are actually playing quakeworld to make yourself feel better about being a washed-up player.

But seriously, LEFT HANDED? Can we get some idiots losing their shit over that please?

dirtbox wrote:
If it makes sense in your mind that someone can move a mouse 30cm as fast as someone can move 3.5cm then good for you. What does it achieve? Better aim?


The general idea (and this has been tried repeatedly across basically all competitive fps games for over a decade) is that gradually lowering sensitivity and shifting your aiming to arm movement rather than wrist movement gives you more control and lets you 'train' your aim. Beyond that idea (which probably applies to everyone, if they just gave it an honest attempt), there's also the notion of personal preference..which you seem to be too much of a Forum Poster to understand?

dirtbox wrote:
Arguably Locust has the best LG accuracy in QW... he uses either 6 or 7cm/360. I don't see the point of using a low sensitivity when you have the skill to accurately control a high one.


I'm not sure it's skill that allows you to be accurate with a high sensitivity mouse. It's more likely that you have very accurate wrists ('personal preference') , or that you're full of shit. How often do you play games where both players have low ping and good movement (so that you actually have to aim for real)? How often does Locust do that? Quake has a built in feature to record games, and yet all I ever see is people making shit up...why not point at an example of Locust's earth-shatteringly high LG? Maybe with, say, a hand cam video? Like what sedicious was saying above?

When every conversation on this forum devolves into saying "so-and-so did it this way, so you're wrong!" it's a sign of low intelligence. Please get smarter.
2015-11-11, 03:12
News Writer
906 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
BREADLORD420 wrote:
How often does Locust do that? Quake has a built in feature to record games, and yet all I ever see is people making shit up...why not point at an example of Locust's earth-shatteringly high LG? Maybe with, say, a hand cam video? Like what sedicious was saying above?


You wan't demos? examples? How about when Locust won the grand final of Duelmania Reloaded #3 against Locktar 3-2? Both on low pings?
He won the final 2 maps, both 100% efficiency, due to his incredible LG aim?

Check out the scores here
or
Check out the demos here
2015-11-11, 03:35
Member
9 posts

Registered:
Aug 2015
dirtbox wrote:
BREADLORD420 wrote:
How often does Locust do that? Quake has a built in feature to record games, and yet all I ever see is people making shit up...why not point at an example of Locust's earth-shatteringly high LG? Maybe with, say, a hand cam video? Like what sedicious was saying above?


You wan't demos? examples? How about when Locust won the grand final of Duelmania Reloaded #3 against Locktar 3-2? Both on low pings?
He won the final 2 maps, both 100% efficiency, due to his incredible LG aim?

Check out the scores here
or
Check out the demos here


But what about when Jerad "Ballroom Bitch" Erlandson took her 12em buckshot from largest effective range in the league all the way to first place? You can't just throw around fraud tournaments like "Duelmania Reloaded #3" (which didn't allow those of impure heritage like our Brazilian favorite gt) without bringing the real guns to the table.

Educate yourself here
2015-11-11, 03:40
Member
69 posts

Registered:
Aug 2014
dirtbox wrote:
BREADLORD420 wrote:
How often does Locust do that? Quake has a built in feature to record games, and yet all I ever see is people making shit up...why not point at an example of Locust's earth-shatteringly high LG? Maybe with, say, a hand cam video? Like what sedicious was saying above?


You wan't demos? examples? How about when Locust won the grand final of Duelmania Reloaded #3 against Locktar 3-2? Both on low pings?
He won the final 2 maps, both 100% efficiency, due to his incredible LG aim?

Check out the scores here
or
Check out the demos here


Neither of those things can show me what Locust's cm/360 is.
Meanwhile, the CPMA hand cam videos mentioned by sedicious can show that.

*your blubber begins shaking uncontrollably*
  147 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page