I have the following weapon script:

alias +sg "weapon 2 8 5 4 1; +attack"
alias -sg "-attack; reset_lg_sens"
alias +lg "weapon 8 2 5 4 1; change_lg_sens; +attack"
alias -lg "-attack; reset_lg_sens"
bind e "bind mouse1 +sg"
bind f "bind mouse1 +lg"

(..and a few more variables/binds)

I'm ocassionally having problems with the lower mouse sens when firing other weapons. Obviously this is when I have the shaft but no cells, or in some cases when respawning.

I want the config to use the lower sens ONLY when actually firing LG - is that possible? How?
2013-12-07, 18:27
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I looked into a similar scenario a couple of days ago. In theory it should be possible by changing the +lg script to something like i have done below. However, it doesn't seem like the $weapon variable is changed before the if condition is executed for some reason. If i change the weapon to lg before +lg is executed, then it works. Perhaps some script ninja or developer can shed some light on this?
alias -sg "-attack; reset_lg_sens"
alias +lg "weapon 8 2 5 4 1; if lg isin $weapon then change_lg_sens; +attack"
bind e "bind mouse1 +sg"
bind f "bind mouse1 +lg"

Note: the above script currently does not work the way it's intended to, just making it clear once more.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2013-12-08, 02:41
202 posts

Dec 2006
should be really easy with f_weaponchange

alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum == 8 then change_lg_sens else reset_lg_sens"

edit: actually just read that you only want it changed while firing. ill leave this here anyway for now. if you used a shotgun/axe script it would work
2013-12-08, 10:53
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
-
2013-12-09, 09:42
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
in my blog i describe a method of acheiving this. it works flawlessly for me...
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-12-09, 17:45
57 posts

Apr 2007
mushi wrote:
in my blog i describe a method of acheiving this. it works flawlessly for me...

hello! Could you please pinpoint where you describe how to achieve this in your blog entry?

I tried and succeeded with a workaround solution, using $weapons and $cells. Unfortunately it's not allowed combining macros with +attack and weapon command using smackdown ruleset... so back at square one.
2013-12-09, 21:13
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
somthing like this works:

alias +lg "weapon 8 5 3 2 4 1;+attack; lowsens"
alias -lg "-attack; normalsens"
alias lowsens "set_calc sensitivity $sensitivity * $sensfactor"
alias normalsens "set_calc sensitivity $sensitivity / $sensfactor"
set sensfactor "0.75" //change this ingame

(Edited 2013-12-10, 12:18)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-12-09, 22:01
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Mushi's way of doing it will give you the shaft sensitivity when firing any weapon with the +LG command though (unless I'm missing something).

Povohat's way of doing it limits the sensitivity change to when actually firing the lightning gun. See the script below, i've added the f_weaponchange alias and removed the change_lg_send and reset_lg_sens from all other aliases as f_weaponchange is enough to decide the sens.
alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum == 8 then change_lg_sens else reset_lg_sens"
alias -sg "-attack;"
alias +lg "weapon 8 2 5 4 1; +attack"
alias -lg "-attack;"
bind e "bind mouse1 +sg"
bind f "bind mouse1 +lg"
2013-12-10, 10:58
462 posts

Jan 2006
There are a couple of things you want to check with such an alias:
1) The lg settings are only applied, when you shoot with lg.
2) The normal sensitivity is switched back immediatly when you release the mouse button, NOT when your weapon changes back from lg.

I have a f_weaponchange based lg alias for this:

alias f_weaponchange "if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_lg$qt lgsettings else rlsettings"

alias lgsettings "sensitivity 1"
alias rlsettings "sensitivity 2"

alias +lg "weapon 8 5 3 2 4 1; +attack; f_weaponchange"
alias -lg "-attack; rlsettings"

bind MOUSE3 "+lg"

(Edited 2013-12-11, 13:55)
2013-12-10, 19:56
57 posts

Apr 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
Mushi's way of doing it will give you the shaft sensitivity when firing any weapon with the +LG command though (unless I'm missing something).

Povohat's way of doing it limits the sensitivity change to when actually firing the lightning gun. See the script below, i've added the f_weaponchange alias and removed the change_lg_send and reset_lg_sens from all other aliases as f_weaponchange is enough to decide the sens.
alias -sg "-attack;"
alias +lg "weapon 8 2 5 4 1; +attack"
alias -lg "-attack;"
bind e "bind mouse1 +sg"
bind f "bind mouse1 +lg"

This doesn't seem to work properly either.
I don't know if it's because I'm using cl_weaponhide "1" and cl_weaponpreselect "1", but the added f_weaponchange alias above triggers the change_lg_sens alias both when start firing lg, and when releasing it.
The -lg alias is run in between.

This means I can't use the following either:

Ideas?

Edit: haha, I guess we are both suffering from too much coding in a specific language - i missed the "if x then" which is erroneous syntax in ezq. Just remove "then" and it works.
2013-12-10, 20:23
462 posts

Jan 2006
f_weaponchange alone is not enough, because then you get a delay between releasing your lg button and reverting the sensitivity. With my version, you get your normal settings back immediatly after release, which feels much better, imo.
2013-12-10, 21:27
57 posts

Apr 2007
blAze wrote:
f_weaponchange alone is not enough, because then you get a delay between releasing your lg button and reverting the sensitivity. With my version, you get your normal settings back immediatly after release, which feels much better, imo.

I don't really understand what you mean, but when using f_weaponchange the sensitivity is changed when the actual visible weapon is changed, whether you are currently firing or not, or whether you are holding any buttons or not (e.g. firing bind).

For example, if you constantly holding your firing button with lg and the cells run out, the sens is changed and you continue to shoot with another weapon. Just the way i want it. All with the f_weaponchange alone.
2013-12-10, 21:41
462 posts

Jan 2006
fed wrote:
blAze wrote:

I don't really understand what you mean, but when using f_weaponchange the sensitivity is changed when the actual visible weapon is changed, whether you are currently firing or not, or whether you are holding any buttons or not (e.g. firing bind).

For example, if you constantly holding your firing button with lg and the cells run out, the sens is changed and you continue to shoot with another weapon. Just the way i want it. All with the f_weaponchange alone.

What I mean is that there is a small amount of time between releasing your lg key and the weapon actually changing. Now, with only f_weaponchange, when you stop shooting with lg, for a small amount of time, your sensitivity is still set for that, before the game switches the weapon back. With my version, the sensitivity is changed back immediatly when you stop shooting and it will not wait for the lg to switch back to sg.

Well this is presuming of course that you are using cl_weaponhide "1", as any reasonable person should.
2013-12-11, 04:28
375 posts

Sep 2009
I never bumped any thread, like, criticizing just to bring someone down, like: "this is too much, you paranoid mfuckers"
hehehe, seriously, I hate people who does that...
but here's my opinion:
Now that blAze called our attention that in this new fancy method there will be, always, an obvious delay... I lost 100% of my interest in this, and decided it's much better staying with my good old:
alias +shaft "weapon 8 5 3 2;+attack;sensitivity 1.4;"
alias -shaft "-attack;weapon 2 1;sensitivity 1.8;"

=D
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2013-12-11, 08:21
462 posts

Jan 2006
wernerml wrote:
I never bumped any thread, like, criticizing just to bring someone down, like: "this is too much, you paranoid mfuckers"
hehehe, seriously, I hate people who does that...
but here's my opinion:
Now that blAze called our attention that in this new fancy method there will be, always, an obvious delay... I lost 100% of my interest in this, and decided it's much better staying with my good old:
alias +shaft "weapon 8 5 3 2;+attack;sensitivity 1.4;"
alias -shaft "-attack;weapon 2 1;sensitivity 1.8;"

=D

I think my version of the script works without delay. Try it at least.
  15 posts on 1 page  1