User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2013-11-20, 08:44
11 posts

Feb 2006
This mostly relates to FFA games, where I would like to see player-chosen colors as the top and the bottom colors
How do I do that with latest nQuake installation?
is it possible with new hi-res player textures I see in the skins folder?
Thanks!
2013-11-20, 13:45
386 posts

Apr 2006
As far as I know, this is not possible yet with modern skins in ezquake, though I am open to correction. I believe you must disable all modern skin and colour overlays in order to view player-chosen colours. If you find that the visibility of these skins is a problem, ensure that r_fullbrightskins is set to a value above 0.

(Edited 2013-11-21, 12:52)
2013-11-21, 06:02
357 posts

Mar 2006
I have written code that allows only 2 skin textures (both white shit/pants) to be colored within the engine, based on the player's choice. Yet, coekman never implemented the change. :| Maybe soon ill get a chance to provide a patch for the ezq team to test for future versions. Although, it takes three passes meaning you draw each player three times (unless using vertex arrays).
2013-11-21, 09:09
286 posts

Sep 2012
Send it to Dimman then, he seems to be active again and doing some great stuff on ezquake/jquake !
2013-11-21, 11:09
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
SputnikUtah wrote:
I have written code that allows only 2 skin textures (both white shit/pants) to be colored within the engine, based on the player's choice. Yet, coekman never implemented the change. :| Maybe soon ill get a chance to provide a patch for the ezq team to test for future versions. Although, it takes three passes meaning you draw each player three times (unless using vertex arrays).

Hehe, 363 days ago (almost a year ago) I wrote you a message here @ quakeworld.nu site asking about your interest in QW development (ezQuake mostly) but I haven't yet recieived a reply from you

I'm more than interested to have you help out with ezQuake, give me a PM or so and we'll talk further, ok?
  5 posts on 1 page  1