User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2013-10-06, 15:54
14 posts

Oct 2013
ok so...

I am trying to make a compilation frag video for the US MegaTF community. I am trying to find a config to help with viewing demos. I have found a few for ezquake on other websites but every time i use one, when i start messing with the demo playback speed, it messes up the syncing of the demos. For example, i will slow it down, and then when i return it to normal speed, the demo is showing people getting killed by a rocket that is 10 feet away from them, etc etc.

Can someone help me out with this? I'm not trying to do anything too fancy so I dont care too much about whether huds are visible or not because it is all going to be from first person POVs. I just need something to help me rewind and fast forward through demos while being able to go slow-motion and normal speed without it screwing up the demo itself.

Thanks in advance!
2013-10-11, 18:28
14 posts

Oct 2013
bump?
2013-10-11, 18:42
286 posts

Sep 2012
You mean demo_jump doesn't work ? demo_jump -00:05 and so on works fine here.
On my movie config I have those binds also :

bind F1 "demo_capture start 120 demo"
bind F2 "demo_capture stop"

bind KP_HOME "demo_setspeed 70"
bind KP_UPARROW "demo_setspeed 80"
bind KP_PGUP "demo_setspeed 100"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "demo_setspeed 40"
bind KP_5 "demo_setspeed 50"
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "demo_setspeed 60"
bind KP_END "demo_setspeed 10"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "demo_setspeed 20"
bind KP_PGDN "demo_setspeed 30"
bind KP_INS "demo_setspeed 00"

You can find my movie config here.

If these commands doesn't work, it might be a problem with the way demos are recorded on megaTF...
2013-10-11, 19:47
14 posts

Oct 2013
it must be... i mean yeah it records and all that good stuff and i can skip around but...
when i return to normal speed from slow motion everything is out of sync... it looks real rubber bandy like players bobbing left and right and flashing and the rockets are out of sync with the death of the player... stuff like that.

I can skip around no problem... just cant change the speeds
2013-10-12, 13:04
14 posts

Oct 2013
Jissse, I will try yours next and see if I have any luck with it since it looks like when you slow-mo, you actually take yours down in increments. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if it works out or not.
2013-10-17, 16:52
14 posts

Oct 2013
Ok, so I just had a chance to try it out. Everything works perfectly with the exception of me trying to demo_jump....

If i am watching a demo, and I am looking for something to capture and I miss it and want to go backwards.. if I try to demo_jump backwards, it starts rubber banding with the player models... It's just like a big jitter back and forth on the screen. I can demo_jump forward without a problem though. Any suggestions? I am trying my best to keep from having to capture full demos just to watch through them again and clip what I need. Thanks again for your help!
2013-10-17, 19:59
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Tulkas wrote:
Ok, so I just had a chance to try it out. Everything works perfectly with the exception of me trying to demo_jump....

If i am watching a demo, and I am looking for something to capture and I miss it and want to go backwards.. if I try to demo_jump backwards, it starts rubber banding with the player models... It's just like a big jitter back and forth on the screen. I can demo_jump forward without a problem though. Any suggestions? I am trying my best to keep from having to capture full demos just to watch through them again and clip what I need. Thanks again for your help!

Try latest ezQuake nightly @ http://uttergrottan.localghost.net/ezquake/dev/nightlybuilds/

It should work fine, let us know if it doesn't.
2013-10-17, 21:51
14 posts

Oct 2013
Already got that. I tried it on the stable version as well first and same result.
  8 posts on 1 page  1