User panel stuff on forum
  1 post on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2013-04-16, 07:21
6 posts

Sep 2012
Hello!

I started a new FFA-server yesterday. It's on molnfritt.se and has a few differences from xs4all:
Fresh start on every map (no more lg on dm2 etc..)
Better ping for northern europeans
No shitty aimbotter-dude...
12 players
12 minutes

The mapcycle is as follows (and will change rapidly when I (or you) realise that some maps suck):
set k_ml_0 "dm2"
set k_ml_1 "aerowalk"
set k_ml_2 "dm5"
set k_ml_13 "dm6"
set k_ml_4 "ztndm3"
set k_ml_5 "dm1a"
set k_ml_6 "a2"
set k_ml_7 "e1m7"
set k_ml_8 "schloss"
set k_ml_11 "dm4"
set k_ml_10 "e3m7"
set k_ml_9 "cmt4"
set k_ml_12 "cmt3"
set k_ml_3 "jvx1"
set k_ml_13 "start"

This cycle consists of the "standard" ffa maps that I like (and not the ones I don't like) and some golden oldies. Feel free to share your opinion on this. I can be found in #geek. under the nick blaps (or vermouthfisk).

A few words on the more unsusual map choices:
DM5 - was played intensly on FFA-servers AGES ago. Quite fun with lots of places for camping and spaming as well as good opportunities to sweep elegantly through the map killing anything that moves. And a nice pent
DM1a - Just classic dm1 with added RL, making a great map actual fun.
E3M7 - One of my all time favorites, but perhaps to narrow for FFA. All kinds of fun powerups though. Time will tell. If it sucks, I will remove it (that goes for all maps)
CMT3 - Used to be played 4on4 a lot and is a really good map in my opinion and has all the powerups.
JVX1 - A really neat map with a unique look to it. The whole map is full och teleports which make it really fast but perhaps to small for FFA. We'll see..
START - I remember having loads of fun playing FFA on this map in the early days of quake. Lots of good camping spots for Smurf and his (not equally good) followers.

If you used to play duels/2on2:s on molnfritt just join port 27501 instead and you should be fine.

I will double post this is in servertalk and general btw.
  1 post on 1 page  1