User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2013-01-13, 23:00
73 posts

Feb 2008
My friend can connect to all servers but xs4all, I cant imagine what the problem could be

(maybe its a port problem?)
CarlJ
2013-01-14, 09:24
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
CarlJ wrote:
My friend can connect to all servers but xs4all, I cant imagine what the problem could be

Is it because they get stuck at 0% downloaded?
2013-01-14, 10:46
73 posts

Feb 2008
dimman wrote:
CarlJ wrote:

I will have to ask him, what I do know is that it´s a fresh install because I convinced him to try qw. (nquake)

I played with him on the qw-dev.net servers and we played race maps and those doesn´t come with the nquake install? so I guess he downloaded those from the servers...

any other ideas?
CarlJ
2013-01-14, 11:42
7 posts

Mar 2011
I have problem connecting too. For me the problem is the ping tree that ezquake builds automatically (dont know how to disable the function), which makes the game connect through proxy resulting in the server not allowing you to connect.

My own über-lazy solution is to connect to the server instantly upon starting the program before the 'ping tree has been created' is reported.
2013-01-14, 14:08
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
rookie wrote:
I have problem connecting too. For me the problem is the ping tree that ezquake builds automatically (dont know how to disable the function), which makes the game connect through proxy resulting in the server not allowing you to connect.

My own über-lazy solution is to connect to the server instantly upon starting the program before the 'ping tree has been created' is reported.

Try sb_findroutes 0, that should solve it for you I guess there's something else too, like cl_useproxy 0.

(I'm working on fixing the pretty messed up SB and surroundings in my client, but I't wont be fixed in the absolute near future.)
2013-01-14, 14:11
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
CarlJ wrote:
dimman wrote:
CarlJ wrote:

I played with him on the qw-dev.net servers and we played race maps and those doesn´t come with the nquake install? so I guess he downloaded those from the servers...

any other ideas?

That doesn't matter since qw-dev runs mvdsv+ktx and XS4ALL(FFA) runs FTE + FODFFA. ezQuakes implementation of chunked downloads reports as the FTE extension "chunked downloads" but it really isn't, it behaves differently, thats when it fucks up.

Try cl_chunksperframe 1 and see if that helps. If it doesn't help for that particular server, try what I wrote above.
2013-01-14, 14:38
286 posts

Sep 2012
He might not be able to connect because xs4alls bans proxys.
2013-01-14, 18:43
73 posts

Feb 2008
Thanks all, he solved the problem thanks to the tips in this thread
CarlJ
  8 posts on 1 page  1