2013-01-08, 04:57
13 posts

Jan 2013
Content cleared - apologies.

(Edited 2013-01-20, 07:20)
2013-01-08, 06:47
123 posts

Mar 2006
The NA community bounced back before but I doubt it'll happen again anytime soon, if ever. We had a 4v4 draft league going with a couple teams and as many as two 4v4s going on simultaneously. However a political/admin spat poisoned the community and most players moved on. There's just too many other good games out there now with players competing with QW. QW has great gameplay and technology but the low population and extremely high skill of the remaining players making it virtually impossible to gain new players. Many people throughout the years have sparked growth in the NA QW community but it never lasts more than a tournament or two and takes a great effort.
2013-01-08, 08:38
51 posts

Oct 2011
Glorious timing. Guess this seems to be the place -- Some (cool) North American players from Xonotic, are tempted to play QuakeWorld after talking to them for a few nights about it, one of them already plays quakeworld on/off, the others are either brand-new or have been tentacle raped before. Slowly getting them to convert over won't be much of an issue, it'll be quite easy for all of them to translate some of their skills from Xonotic over to QuakeWorld as long as they get a hand to hold and to help them out. They usually hang out in #xonotic.pickup and #smokebreak. If you need their names/handles, just holla. My only fear is that they'll need something to keep their interest in the game, they've got each other and thats it. In Xonotic they've usually got a European cup once every fortnight which they take interest in by either playing or spectating, its usually a mix of 2on2's or 1on1's on a lot, a lot and a lot of new maps. I know nothing about the events going on in either the European and North American sides of the scene, so I suggest trying to do something familliar to that, if you haven't got something like that.
2013-01-09, 01:27
13 posts

Jan 2013
Content cleared - apologies.

(Edited 2013-01-20, 07:20)
2013-01-09, 04:11
123 posts

Mar 2006
The NA scene has had some money events in years, it doesn't do much even short term unless it's big money. If there was a $5,000 duel or TDM I'm sure some of the top players might come back for a few months to practice and compete but once the money is gone, they would be as well. EU recently had some money events and they didn't do much overall for the scene. They were good events but they didn't make a huge impact but maybe with more money they would have. I'm not trying to be overly negative but most of this stuff has been tried before and it doesn't change the fundamental problems QW has working against it.
2013-01-09, 08:17
124 posts

Apr 2012
I've come across a ton of newbies lately here in the NA scene. They're a reclusive lot, but they do exist! My IRL friend "bunny" also plays some and also has no experience with online fps games...

Aside from that, I myself was a complete newb to fps gaming only a year and a half ago. With some motivation, it's not impossible for newbies to stand up to many of our older players and have endless fun... Just try hard
2013-01-09, 12:11
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
cream wrote:
With some motivation, it's not impossible for newbies to stand up to many of our older players and have endless fun... Just try hard ...

... and practice for a year full time
2013-01-16, 03:18
1 post

Jan 2013
it's a great game. what else do i need to stay interested?
2013-01-17, 21:20
1 post

Jan 2013
hihi

I am one of those new players that matuka was talking about. Hit me up on #smokebreak in quakenet if you want to play.

Also, I don't need money to be a motivator. I play for fun and will probably stick around for a while, as this game has provided appropriate levels of fun.
2013-01-18, 00:14
1 post

Jan 2013
because spinda and srkdy have already said their piece, I'd like to note that I've started playing this game on and off too.
Though it's really easy to get discouraged here, so I doubt I'll be on 24/7
2013-01-23, 14:28
6 posts

Jan 2013
game is too easy

back to league of legends

#esports
2013-01-25, 00:35
10 posts

Jan 2013
where can i find server lists? Also is there anyone that could dropbox me all the files? i'm ready to slap up some rooks.
2013-01-25, 02:27
383 posts

Jan 2006
windex wrote:
where can i find server lists? Also is there anyone that could dropbox me all the files? i'm ready to slap up some rooks.

NA server list
NA servers with players
Install QW from NQuake.com
With best wishes, B1aze.
  13 posts on 1 page  1