User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2012-12-23, 22:54
2 posts

Dec 2012
Hi, I have Windows XP and I've recently installed ezQuake.
When I started playing I've noticed there is no usual sound of wind humming in open spaces in my game, but in other ezQuake videos on Youtube there is. Also the wind sound file exists in the game sound folder and can be heard in regular glquake program. Can someone please explain to me what seems to be the issue?

The other problem that bothers me is the absence of weapon bob, red screen and shaking of the screen when being hit or strafing in ezQuake. It feels like driving a robot on wheels that doesn't seem to feel any pain. It kind of reduces the feeling of action in the game, so I was wondering can this be somehow fixed?
2012-12-23, 23:23
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Eraserhead wrote:
Hi, I have Windows XP and I've recently installed ezQuake.
When I started playing I've noticed there is no usual sound of wind humming in open spaces in my game, but in other ezQuake videos on Youtube there is. Also the wind sound file exists in the game sound folder and can be heard in regular glquake program. Can someone please explain to me what seems to be the issue?

The other problem that bothers me is the absence of weapon bob, red screen and shaking of the screen when being hit or strafing in ezQuake. It feels like driving a robot on wheels that doesn't seem to feel any pain. It kind of reduces the feeling of action in the game, so I was wondering can this be somehow fixed?

Indeed it can. The default values (which I guess it is) is more optimized toward gameplay than "visual experience". QW tdm is a really fast game and the focus is mainly on tactics and to get as little disturbed by effects as possible, but also make some effects, cruical to gameplay, more visible.

I think you are looking for cl_ambientsound (I think its called that) for sounds, set it to 1. Also check some settings for bobcycle and muzzleflash for your other "problems". You should find it in the GFX setting in the menu.
2012-12-25, 00:55
2 posts

Dec 2012
Thanks for the help. I managed to turn on the screen tilt options, anyway, I still can't find a way to get the wind sound, but it doesn't really matter that much, so thanks anyways.
2012-12-25, 13:20
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
s_ambientlevel 0.3
ready!
  4 posts on 1 page  1