User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  North American QW  ‹  Hello
  5 posts on 1 page  1
North American QW
2012-11-11, 00:41
11 posts

Nov 2012
Hello. Just started playing earlier today, I'm having a blast.

I am in Europe right now, but will be returning to the States in mid-December. When does the NA community generally play? Are there just pickups, or is there a pub scene as well? Is it okay if I'm new?
2012-11-11, 04:49
124 posts

Apr 2012
Hey, and welcome to QW!

New players are always welcome :> We've been getting quite a few new ones in NA lately! I'm kind of new myself; I started playing during July of last year (2011)

The NA community is pretty active! I find games all throughout the day (usually just 1v1 matches and practices, but sometimes there's 2v2 in the afternoon). There's a lot more 2v2 and/or 4v4 going on in the evening almost every day, and plenty of 2v2/1v1/etc during the middle of the night for whatever reason. :p

I also fight plenty of euro players on our New York server where many of them seem to get their best pings to the USA (though the pings are still pretty nasty sometimes for many of them... there are quite a few euro players who have adapted well to it, though)

And depending on where you live and what kind of ISP you have, you may or may not wind up being able to have some fun on real euro servers too. I do that from time to time, and it can be fun if you can manage to get around 120 ping

Hope to see you around

Edit: and since winter's approaching, the scene is probably going to be way more active... It was last year around this time, anyway
2012-11-11, 11:06
11 posts

Nov 2012
That's awesome, thanks! I'll be heading to the East Coast US for college, with very good internet. Looking forward to it!
2012-11-11, 20:17
123 posts

Mar 2006
drop by #qwcentral on quakenet I feel like I said that on ESR too to you? ;-)
2012-11-11, 20:48
11 posts

Nov 2012
pg wrote:
drop by #qwcentral on quakenet I feel like I said that on ESR too to you? ;-)

Yessir, I'm there.
  5 posts on 1 page  1