User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2012-11-10, 12:08
11 posts

Nov 2012
After watching many of Daniel Kapadia's (ddk) videos, I have become interested in QuakeWorld.

I downloaded nquake and loaded up the game without touching anything. As of now, it definitely does not look like the QuakeWorld in his videos.

How can I configure QuakeWorld to look like it does in his videos? I am using the Windows 7 OS on a dual partitioned Macbook Pro.

Here is one of his many videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqgelf5K6U&feature=plcp

Many thanks, have a wonderful rest of your day.
2012-11-10, 12:35
188 posts

Feb 2008
Those are custom texture packs and a custom setup. QW allows you to customize the game in almost all aspects, for example you can replace the original game textures with others. I think nquake comes with a set of 32bit textures however they are different from the ones DDK is using in his videos. The hud is different from the default one too, that too can be customized.
High configurability is one of the awesomeness of QW, however it is also a PITA sometimes
Try gfx.quakeworld.nu for replacement textures, HUDs, models and so on.
However you may be better off getting used to the game QW some more ( = playing, setting up input etc.) before you go into such details, it can be quite time (and nerve-) consuming.
2012-11-10, 14:20
11 posts

Nov 2012
Thank you for the reply!

I got the charset figured out, I love it!

The only thing left, for now, is getting those simple items. I can't seem to find them anywhere.
2012-11-10, 16:41
286 posts

Sep 2012
gl_simpleitems 1 ? Although i don't know if you mean his specific simpleitems, but i think they are on gfx.quakeworld.nu too !
2012-11-10, 17:10
11 posts

Nov 2012
Yeah, gl_simpleitems 1 did the trick, thanks!

All good to go now.
  5 posts on 1 page  1