User panel stuff on forum
  11 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2012-10-19, 15:21
13 posts

Feb 2009
OK maybe this isn't appropriate, but I've been wondering what the deal is with blubs. Bot? Real person? What's his deal? Is Quakeworld fun for him? Is he really trying to play? Has he ever been able to?
2012-10-20, 12:28
49 posts

Oct 2011
he's definitely a real person as a friend of mine has spoken to him and got answers and has seen him on his xonotic server to. If you check his name on qw.nu stats you'll see he's been playing for years, I just don't get him.
2012-10-20, 17:14
23 posts

Apr 2012
Nuke wrote:
he's definitely a real person as a friend of mine has spoken to him and got answers and has seen him on his xonotic server to. If you check his name on qw.nu stats you'll see he's been playing for years, I just don't get him.

One of these "zobmies?"players is infact 11 years old and does not speak english how he found quakeworld amazes me.
2012-11-24, 00:15
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
I've never seen him actually in a game playing... only in a server alone with 999ms ping and by the time you connect he has vanished. Weird.
2012-11-24, 13:31
87 posts

Apr 2011
I always thought 'Blubs' was one of the standard names of some QW client like 'player'. Colors 4 14, ping 999 and sometimes asks noob questions. I've seen that name on a -lot- of different servers
2012-11-25, 00:51
223 posts

Mar 2007
Blubs
Johnny23

several more...

They are built in accounts for a QW mod called Nazi Zombies portable (or something similar). I was so fed up with these guys connecting to my Painkeep server I actually searched Google until I found the answer about a year ago. They think they are connecting to a server that runs their mod.
2012-11-25, 14:01
685 posts

Jul 2007
5h17h34d wrote:
Blubs
Johnny23

several more...

They are built in accounts for a QW mod called Nazi Zombies portable (or something similar). I was so fed up with these guys connecting to my Painkeep server I actually searched Google until I found the answer about a year ago. They think they are connecting to a server that runs their mod.

Yes I remember running into types like this and had to explain over and over they were on a qw server, which seemed to be an alien concept to them (they don't know qw and had no interest in it as far as I remember). So after I took the time to explain this stuff I got the reply from one of these guys: 'So do you want to play or not, otherwise I'm out of here' (or something like this).....They just don't have a clue, don't care or don't have the capacity to understand (too young, different language...who knows).

So that also answers the question of 'how an 11 y/o found out about QW'. He didn't.
2012-11-25, 16:14
223 posts

Mar 2007
megalodon wrote:
So that also answers the question of 'how an 11 y/o found out about QW'. He didn't.

Been a while since I downloaded the mod, it was actually a self-contained mod with renamed exe and only the assets needed for the mod. The fact that it could see other games in the browser was a horrible idea.
2012-11-25, 20:15
793 posts

Feb 2006
those are the ghosts of former quakeworld masters. their souls stuck in limbo, condemned to searching for a 1v1 in all eternity.

to free them you have to challenge them to a duel and beat them i think.
2012-11-25, 22:23
375 posts

Sep 2009
dEus wrote:
those are the ghosts of former quakeworld masters. their souls stuck in limbo, condemned to searching for a 1v1 in all eternity.

to free them you have to challenge them to a duel and beat them i think.

HUAheUAHEUheUheUHeuaheHUAheUAHEUheUheUHeuahe
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2013-04-20, 19:09
370 posts

Mar 2008
I always see Blubs on my servers...He just idles or is stuck in time and is always walking instead of running.

Weird.
  11 posts on 1 page  1