2013-08-29, 11:23
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
lucasphi wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:
lucasphi wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Something I noticed: qwfwd and qtv are not "servers", they are proxies.

Hey guys, if they are proxies, how can I start a real qwfwd and qtv server?

I think he was just pointing out a terminology error - you should still use the executables from this installer to start qwfwd and qtv proxies that other people can connect to (it's just that he called them servers in the installer).

Hey man, thanks for the reply

Well, the weird thing is that I run all servers, but I can only connect to the ktx servers. I cant connect to qwfwd or qtv. Maybe I need to configure something further, or download something extra?

No, I think I already replied to you in another thread on this? You don't connect to them like you do to game servers. They more or less act as relays. Like:

Connect to game server A but route the traffic through proxy B
You will never get any in-game connection in that sense to proxy B, you will be at game server A.

As for QTV proxy it will connect to your game servers and then just be a relay of sending the serverdata to you instead of the server itself having to send to like 200 clients. The game server will just send 1 stream to the QTV proxy and the QTV proxy will forward it to anyone who wants it.
2013-09-14, 22:42
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
2013-09-15 - nQuakesv v1.3 for Linux

* Fixed bug where configs, shell scripts and text files were not properly dos2unixified.
* Fixed a few bugs which caused problems with qtv, qwfwd and 32/64-bit server binaries.
2013-09-14, 23:02
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
2013-09-15 - nQuakesv v1.1 for Windows

* Server administrator now defaults to current Windows user.
2013-09-16, 22:05
214 posts

Feb 2011
empezar wrote:
Feedback? Perhaps the wrong time to ask, but I would love it.

I tested nquakeSV for Windows really quickly and had no issues, well done (as usual)! Even though nobody plays CTF anymore, I had to make sure it was configured correctly out of the box
2013-10-07, 21:22
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
2013-10-07 - nQuakesv v1.2 for Windows

* Added a "Start all servers" shortcut.
* Fixed the bug where QTV website can't find CSS or images.
* Fixed the bug where FFA, Clan Arena and Team Fortress were left without server (mvdsv) configurations.
* Moved QTV and QWFWD start menu shortcuts to their own Proxies folder.
2013-10-08, 08:27
4 posts

Oct 2013
empezar wrote:
2013-09-15 - nQuakesv v1.3 for Linux

* Fixed bug where configs, shell scripts and text files were not properly dos2unixified.
* Fixed a few bugs which caused problems with qtv, qwfwd and 32/64-bit server binaries.

I am unable to download the 1.3 version of linux nquakesv.
Sourceforge only shows me an empty folder, does it take time for it to update?

It does however say

Home / nQuakesv (Linux) / v1.3
Name Modified Size Downloads Status
Parent folder
Totals: 1 Item 9.9 kB

But I can't download that 1 item since it doesn't show...
2013-10-08, 15:40
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Looks like it works now. However, nQuake for Linux won't work until deurk fixes qw-dev.net. Sorry.
2013-10-08, 17:16
4 posts

Oct 2013
empezar wrote:
Looks like it works now. However, nQuake for Linux won't work until deurk fixes qw-dev.net. Sorry.

Ok, thanks!

Ok, meaning it is unusable?
Or that I can run it, but with limited functionality? (sorry, noob here)

First look says it's unusable, can't find mvdsv, also I think the dos2unix error isn't completely fixed. There are a lot of files with an extra e in the end, like ktx.cfge, which I think is a remnant of a failed conversion somehow. Maybe that file was supposed to overwrite the cfg file.

It seems hard to find mvdsv, even for google. Does anyone have the most recent version around?
2013-10-08, 20:46
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
I can't find the "cfge" files you refer to. Sure you downloaded nquakesv13_installer.tar.gz? Also, dos2unix conversion seems fine to me.

Since qw-dev.net went down, the binaries (which are updated daily) are broken. The script that downloaded the binaries wasn't built for a 50% uptime binary server...

Until someone can produce 32-bit and 64-bit linux binaries for mvdsv, ktx, qwfwd and qtv, nQuakesv for linux is 100% broken.
2013-10-09, 05:57
4 posts

Oct 2013
empezar wrote:
I can't find the "cfge" files you refer to. Sure you downloaded nquakesv13_installer.tar.gz? Also, dos2unix conversion seems fine to me.

Since qw-dev.net went down, the binaries (which are updated daily) are broken. The script that downloaded the binaries wasn't built for a 50% uptime binary server...

Until someone can produce 32-bit and 64-bit linux binaries for mvdsv, ktx, qwfwd and qtv, nQuakesv for linux is 100% broken.

I was under the impression that installing it again first removed the old directory, but if it didn't, that would explain the unconverted files here.
Do you have a fairly recent version of those binaries around, could you perhaps post them somewhere and make them available?

Also, having not followed the discussion too closely, why aren't sources on github? It has excellent uptime. And is free.
2013-10-09, 08:35
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
JugsteR wrote:
empezar wrote:

I was under the impression that installing it again first removed the old directory, but if it didn't, that would explain the unconverted files here.
Do you have a fairly recent version of those binaries around, could you perhaps post them somewhere and make them available?

Also, having not followed the discussion too closely, why aren't sources on github? It has excellent uptime. And is free.

Everyone in the QuakeWorld community has asked the same question as you have. The people responsible can't be arsed, I guess.

I don't have the binaries, sorry. They are the only files that I haven't backed up. How ironic.
2013-10-09, 12:33
1329 posts

Apr 2006
empezar wrote:

Everyone in the QuakeWorld community has asked the same question as you have. The people responsible can't be arsed, I guess.

MVDSV, KTX and QTV have not received a single commit in the past what, two years, so why would you build a binary from the sources daily? QW serverside development on the projects mentioned has been dead for a long, long time and will most likely never revive.

Also "services" provided by voluntary people (let it be hosting, coding, whatever) has "responsibles" only as long as the people involved want to do what they are doing.

You really didn't see this coming? Over a year ago it was suggested that serverside stuff was handed over to someone else + hosting moved to somewhere else (github?) but absolutely noone wanted to have anything to do with the projects at that time.
Servers: Troopers
2013-10-09, 12:52
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
The script that downloaded binaries was made one year ago. So then I still had hopes for updates. I guess I didn't develop it enough to handle downtimes. That's too bad. My mistake.

Deurk should still bring his shit up so we can at least backup the stuff.
2013-10-09, 12:58
1329 posts

Apr 2006
empezar wrote:
The script that downloaded binaries was made one year ago. So then I still had hopes for updates. I guess I didn't develop it enough to handle downtimes. That's too bad. My mistake.

I might have somewhat new binaries available (from the latest change at least) but they are all built on 64bit system. I don't have any sources available unfortunately.

Quote:
Deurk should still bring his shit up so we can at least backup the stuff.

During the years Deurk... well, uh, everyone knows how much he's been gone at times, that's why my previous comment about seeing this coming.
Servers: Troopers
2013-10-09, 13:32
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Although on a Linux platform it is not generally recommended to ship binaries at all (except within distributions where the environment might be known).

I don't really see the problem though, just clone the repository, compile the binaries and then upload them to somewhere.
2013-10-09, 15:45
258 posts

Feb 2006
I had the sources for KTX, MVDSV, QTV and QWfwd -> http://www.quakeservers.net/files/qw_sources.tar.gz. The sources are from august 2012.
2013-10-09, 17:48
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
I've got mvdsv and ktx sources on my github account. KTX also includes a new feature for syncing game time upon re-/connection during a game (also for spec). Get correct game time instantly.

Empezar wants pre built binaries, not the source though
2013-10-09, 17:51
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
dimman wrote:
Empezar wants pre built binaries, not the source though

Yes. Prebuilt for 32-bit and 64-bit.

I'm not a Linux geek so nQuakesv for Linux will just have to not work until this problem goes away
2013-10-09, 18:54
344 posts

Nov 2006
http://fzwoch.project-sheol.org/mvdsv/

Pretty sloppy naming scheme and no sub directories because I'm lazy.. but I think you may be able to pick the ones you need and rename them accordingly?
2013-10-10, 10:45
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Tuna for president.
2013-10-10, 11:13
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Uploaded new binaries. Someone try it out to see if it works.
2013-10-10, 16:46
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
2013-10-10 - nQuakesv v1.3 for Windows

* Fixed the bug where the download size was inaccurate.
2013-10-11, 05:59
11 posts

Oct 2013
First of all. Big thank you to the developers! Ive been running a quaklan three years in a row and it gets easier and easier for me to get all running.
We are a bunch of 30somethings that for two days goes back to being 15 and fragging it out.

I always strive to get my servers better. Currently i run five 4on4 servers for the tournament, two clan arena, one ra, three 1on1 and three 2on2.

What i would like is to get my dirty hands on some of the online standard setting servers config files as im currently just testing stuff out. Would be awesome if some of you server admins could post server.cfg, mvdsv, ktx, 4on4.cfg etc... Maybe even include some of the more standardized stuff in the package?

All the best and again, thank you soo much!
2013-10-11, 08:57
4 posts

Oct 2013
empezar wrote:
Uploaded new binaries. Someone try it out to see if it works.

Haven't actually played yet, but it downloaded and started! =) Thanks a bunch!
(Now the question is, can I still beat the shit out of my friends ? =) )
2013-10-13, 19:41
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
2013-10-13 - nQuakesv v1.4 for Windows

* Improved the full version setup step, which now searches for pak1.pak in likely locations and skips the step entirely if it can be found in one of three key locations.
* Setup now also looks for setup files in the installer folder.
* Setup now copies pak0.pak and pak1.pak to setup file folder for later use if user selects to keep setup files.
* Fixed the bug where the installation folder would sometimes not get removed.
* Fixed the bug where the setup files folder would get removed even if it wasn't empty. (This could cause pretty much damage if the files were downloaded to e.g. D:\.)
* Minor bug fixes and code improvement.
2013-10-13, 19:45
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
nQuakesv has also gotten itself a Github repository.

https://github.com/empezar/nquakesv/releases
2013-10-14, 07:36
344 posts

Nov 2006
empezar wrote:
nQuakesv has also gotten itself a Github repository.

https://github.com/empezar/nquakesv/releases

I like. I think the whole project is quite helpful. Though i never tried it I'm looking forward to one-click-install the next QW server installation. Even I have lost track of what I would have to configure and install on a newly created server..
2013-10-14, 09:46
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Admin: Approved answer from Dade (5 answers before)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2013-10-14, 11:04
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Next step in nQuakesv is creating a config & binary updater for Windows.

Thank you all for positive feedback!
2013-10-14, 11:06
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Dade wrote:
What i would like is to get my dirty hands on some of the online standard setting servers config files as im currently just testing stuff out. Would be awesome if some of you server admins could post server.cfg, mvdsv, ktx, 4on4.cfg etc... Maybe even include some of the more standardized stuff in the package?

nQuakesv has been developed alongside server admins to make it standardized. Configs are updated as changes are requested by admins, so simply download and install nQuakesv and you can take the configs from there.
  142 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page