User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2012-01-26, 09:31
2 posts

Jan 2012
Hi

I started up Quake for some Thursday night CTF and the movement and weapon projectiles was around 3 times slower than it should be. I could see other players running around at proper speed. I don't know whats happened I haven't messed with any commands in ages, it's just randomly decided to go into slowmo mode.
The speedo is displaying normal speeds, ping is fine, FPS is fine.
If someone could shed some light on this problem that would be awesome.

here's a video I took to make it clearer. I haven't slowed the video down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAYLuJ0Wo84
2012-01-26, 10:14
80 posts

Jan 2006
Had that exact thing happen before, was actually really funny because I tried it with my mates on a server and I was running and jumping around as if the gravity and speedsettings on the server was changed, but my mates could run around and jump as normal.

Never really found a solution to the problem, I work with music production so when I had Nuendo (DAW) running my QW was slowed down, but I think I tried a few times with and without external programs running and the problem seemed to sort of come and go. I think I simply made a re-install and never experienced the problem ever since, maybe there was something else to it.
2012-01-26, 11:02
2 posts

Jan 2012
Just did a complete re-install and its still doing it. Someone in a server said it might be because I have a quad core
and now I cant work out how to load a config lol, saying I have to use gamedir search when using /cfg_load
  3 posts on 1 page  1