User panel stuff on forum
  13 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2011-12-16, 06:39
125 posts

Jan 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fCXD3OUN0&feature=player_embedded#!

- Added PQL Ruleset. The PQL ruleset is a series of settings that modify player physics and some weapon characteristics, giving players the ability to ramp jump, increased air control, and a tiered armor system similar to Quake 1. It is an unranked option only available on Pro servers.

- Added 'Air Control' option. Allows a player to move in the direction they look, while airborn.
When holding only a single movement key while airborn, mouse look will dictate the direction you move.
Alternatively, if you hold a forward or back plus a strafe key (+moveleft or +moveright) while airborn, the player will benefit from the speed and distance normally gained with strafe jumping.
If you have forward momentum, you can use the strafe keys (without the use of +forward) and small mouse movements to perform a bunny hop.

- Added 'Tiered Armor' option. Tiered armors offer increasingly stronger levels of protection, based off of Quake 1's armor system. Green armors absorb the least damage, and red armors absorb the most damage. You will not pick up an armor if it is weaker than what you currently are wearing.

Original post at ESR: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=2197590
2011-12-18, 14:05
29 posts

Apr 2007
ql have aircotrol ? wtf? must try this shit if this is true x)

EDIT #1: this is not a TRUE , i upload my ql:software and dont see aircontrol x)
[ http://dc.quakeworld.pl Demolition Crew: Member ][ http://quakeworld.pl Dev & Admin ][ http://forum.quakeworld.pl Moderator ]
2011-12-18, 14:32
174 posts

Nov 2006
Settings only in use for PRO subscribers who can start own servers -> I've tried it, it rox (except that movement in ql is affected by ping) and also some maps will probably play quite crappy because of the aircontrol and bunny speeds. But anyways, if this comes out as a possibility to be played on "normal servers" I am quite certain there will be a "new scene" of players who will skip the regular ql and play pql only (which means it's not crap )
2011-12-18, 14:52
51 posts

Oct 2011
The PQL physics feel really... off. I'm not a fan of them but they are very loose and easy to use.
2011-12-18, 15:05
174 posts

Nov 2006
Matuka: I believe it's mostly because the movement is also affected by the ping, atleast the only "offness" seemed to be that case imo. With "0ms" as in qw it would be just as good!
2011-12-19, 11:04
226 posts

Mar 2007
Seems good. Although they should increase rocket speed accordingly.
2011-12-19, 11:27
459 posts

Mar 2008
I've tried QL a couple of times, but put it down very quickly each time. I simply didn't enjoy it after being used to QW, and especially because of the movement. Maybe with this change, QL could be playable again. Any news of a tournament or the like where this mode will be used?
2011-12-19, 20:06
64 posts

Jan 2009
Isn't it just the same as the cpm mode for q3?
2011-12-19, 20:22
626 posts

Jan 2006
It's not cpma physics, it's more qw controlled air physics, seen some of the cpma players complain about this.
They should indeed increase the rocket speed, same goes with the physics when speedjumping like in qw, you barley
accelerate in this PQL like you do with qw, harder to gain quick speed.

You can all try it without having PRO.

Start "Practice" game on anymap, then go - Callvote ruleset PQL
2011-12-19, 20:37
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
rkd wrote:

I think they have kept original Quake Live weapon damage and stuff like that. Also, there's no double jumps like in CPMA either.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-12-19, 20:38
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Tread moved to offtopic forum.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-12-20, 16:18
626 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
rkd wrote:

I think they have kept original Quake Live weapon damage and stuff like that. Also, there's no double jumps like in CPMA either.

There is doublejumps (i think).
In stairs, you can do a doubble jump (kinda high one).
2011-12-20, 17:31
174 posts

Nov 2006
Yes, the doublejumps works a bit differently than in cpma but they do exist. I also believe the speedgaining atleast in online mode (where you have ping) is quite much affected on the ms you have. I noticed that you had to do the moves much more "aggressive" than in qw to reach fast speedups.

Rikoll: Haven't heard of any tournaments yet but there's lots of people testing this out atleast in clan arena where the gamestyle is VERY different because of this

Personally I don't have anything against the rockets and it would make the rocket too powerful imo if they would speed it up. Since it does a hell of damage as it is now compared to other weps. Also instaswitch makes it so bloodyf*ckingmuchmore usable in many situations where it isn't in "normal mode".
  13 posts on 1 page  1