Jan 2006
http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=2191147

Expect hoards of German players on the servers!1!111!1
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-12-01, 21:05
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Google translator wrote:
The violent scenes in "Quake" were "by today's standards neither as detailed nor as realistic / realistically be classified," the judge BPjM now. Although the game was "still undoubtedly influenced by the countless battles with various enemies and thus of violence", but their presentation was "by today's standards no longer be realistic and not to be considered in detail." Therefore, "a brutalizing effect may not be extended '.

"Because of the technically outdated mode of representation" have "Quake" only "historical-documentary value." Because the game itself "unrealistic, futuristic," whether it be achieved "in spite of the continuing affirmation inherent in killing no longer the degree of risk youth."
2011-12-01, 21:06
28 posts

Oct 2011
haha I congratulate German players! Buy Quake in Steam and go play :3
2011-12-01, 22:39
188 posts

May 2007
I remember that most of the younger SK members (Kane, Speed, Kila) weren't even officially allowed to play the game back then, while they were winning tournaments and making money of it. What tits are to Americans is violence to Germans.
2011-12-02, 08:01
24 posts

Nov 2011
You could buy it from the idsoftware website before. They didn't check nationality like steam. That's where I got it from.

I'm scared! With all those kids playing Quake here now, I won't leave my house anymore. For 15 years they kept me safe and secure, now they unleash the Quake (and also Doom) on my peaceful homeland! Shame on you, BPjM
2011-12-02, 09:15
1100 posts

Jan 2006
nix wrote:
I remember that most of the younger SK members (Kane, Speed, Kila) weren't even officially allowed to play the game back then, while they were winning tournaments and making money of it. What tits are to Americans is violence to Germans.

Quake was never forbidden like that. Being on the index just meant that it could not be advertised or sold (directly) to minors. It was always perfectly legal to play it and also for parents to buy it for their kids.
2011-12-02, 10:00
212 posts

Apr 2006
Remember that LAN at which the DECL finals were supposed to be played (I think it was IBH vs SK) but that didn't happen because minors attended the LAN, too?
Germany always was a bit different in that regard, I don't think anyone understands who hasn't seen it. In the 90s many game magazines had a top 10 list of action games and it read like
1. Jedi Knight
2. Banned game
3. Banned game
4. Banned game
5. Daikatana
etc.

Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Redneck Rampage, Wolfenstein, Shadow Warrior, and of course every Quake title, just to name a few, were all banned.
2011-12-03, 18:55
188 posts

May 2007
Spirit wrote:
nix wrote:

Quake was never forbidden like that. Being on the index just meant that it could not be advertised or sold (directly) to minors. It was always perfectly legal to play it and also for parents to buy it for their kids.

Being on the index means it isnt allowed to make a game available by any means to a minor. That's the difference to an age restriction of 18 (plus the ban on advertisment).
  8 posts on 1 page  1