User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  New Mouse
  12 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2011-11-10, 11:17
188 posts

May 2007
I just would like to have some input from you. I have used a Razer Diamondback for the last few years and was really satisfied with weight, size, sensitivity of the buttons and so on. Sadly, it broke a while ago and I have to buy a new one. Are there any players out there who played with a Diamondback and switched to another mouse. I was thinking about the Deathadder or the Lachesis. I am right handed, so I could play with a non-symetrical mouse.
2011-11-10, 12:03
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
i have a diamondback, but i don't use it. I prefer mx518. Had a deathadder, sold it, but it was a bit superior to diamondback. I suppose you already tried logitech mice, and if you prefer razer ones, i suggest you to stick with razer ones. Good, recent, logitech mice: G400 and G500.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2011-11-10, 12:09
459 posts

Mar 2008
Whatever you do, don't buy Lachesis.

Good mice I've tested: g9x, deathadder (crap quality tho. breaks down quick), mx518, ie3.0
Crap mice I've tested: Lachesis, Microsoft Ball Mouse (still better than lachesis. doesnt skip every sec)
2011-11-10, 12:20
188 posts

May 2007
Thx guys. I am pretty set on Razer, dunno why exactly. So I guess I will try a Deathadder. Thx a lot.
2011-11-10, 14:06
226 posts

Mar 2007
I've a Zowie EC1, really good mouse and I can recommend it 100%.
There was some reviews of mice, I think it was Renzo who wrote them but can't find them atm.
2011-11-10, 18:29
51 posts

Oct 2011
I suggest either the Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, Microsoft Intelimouse 1.1 (If you can find one at a reasonable price!), Microsoft Intelimouse 3.0, OR the Razer Deathadder.
Why not the MX518 or the Zowie EC series or even other mice such as the Xai? Well that's because I've used them and they've got some major flaws in them that is stopping them from being good.

Firstly the MX518 is a tad bit heavy in terms of prediction (Angle-snapping), this is where the sensor detects your movement and attempts to "straighten" it out, it's quite troublesome and tad bit inaccurate, it's only useful for artists/designers or for people who play tracking-heavy games such as Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. If you're playing Counter-Strike then it'll just dampen your play. Especially if you're using a low sensitivity-mid sensitivity. I personally hate the MX518 due to it's weight and sensor, I've never had good tracking on it (With several mousemats & surfaces) and the prediction just isn't "me", I don't like the prediction. A funny comparison that my friend made was that a cinder block weighs less and that it tracks better too. :] Mind you the MX518 isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be, personal preference reigns at the end of the day. If you like the idea of prediction then sure go ahead and get a MX518, doesn't matter which version you get - they both use the same sensor (Just that the latter distributions of the MX518 use a revised version of the original sensor) and I suppose it's got a comfy shape. Also I'd like you just to know that the Razer Deathadder also weighs more than the MX518 by a few grams.

The Zowie EC series also are a victim to prediction.

The Xai is a good mouse, don't get me wrong, just that it's a bit demanding in terms of keeping it clean & settings-wise. It's got acceleration too, which is a supposed accident of the Avago ADNS-9500. The sensor has a CPI count-size of 90, and the only way for the mouse to not be affected by this unwanted hardware acceleration is having the CPI/DPI (Both mean the same thing) counted up in the 90's. So say you use 400 DPI on your normal mouse, on the Xai you would have to use 450 DPI. Also regularly dust gets into the lens of the mouse and requires a good blow or two every so-&-so, or else you'll start having your mouse skipping or not tracking properly. Laser sensors, whilst the Avago ADNS-9500 is a good sensor (For a laser sensor), it's just a bit too accurate on what it tracks.

The other mice I stated that are on my 'good-side' are mice that are if not the most flawless mice you can purchase on the market. The Microsoft-mice all have the same sensor and run at 400 DPI (No changing from that) and run well at 500hz without any silly things such as prediction or acceleration. And the Razer Deathadder is probably still the best mouse on the market, whilst Razer aren't really "good" anymore in comparison to their older works, their Razer Deathadder will probably still be a unbeaten king. It tracks amazingly and has optional prediction and lacks any sort of acceleration. It also has changeable DPI ranging from 450 to 1800 or 3500 depending on which version you have (3G & 3.5G. If you grab a 3G then run it at 1800 DPI! The 3.5G will not benefit from being run at 1800 DPI unlike the 3G).
2011-11-10, 19:17
92 posts

Aug 2007
Matuka wrote:
(3G & 3.5G. If you grab a 3G then run it at 1800 DPI! The 3.5G will not benefit from being run at 1800 DPI unlike the 3G).

I have 3.5G (in Abyssus), but it feels a bit better to me at 1800DPI than 3500DPI. Probably a personal preference though. If you don't mind additional buttons, consider Abyssus. The only two bad things i can say bad about it:

1: It's picky about cloth surface, works well on a used ss qck luckily (there is a noticeable jitter on the more clean, less used edges) . Deathadder 3.5G has/had the same problem but it has an upgradeable firmware.
2: Firmware isn't upgradable, so the first issue can't be fixed.

P.S: Salmosa 3G has prediction, Abyssus 3.5G is better but picky about cloth. I hope that a successor will not have any issues, or at least have the upgradeable fw.
2011-11-18, 14:46
121 posts

May 2006
i've a 1800dpi abyssus and it says on razerzone i can upgrade firmware.....
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2011-11-18, 15:54
810 posts

Jan 1970
Matuka wrote:
I suggest either the Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, Microsoft Intelimouse 1.1 (If you can find one at a reasonable price!), Microsoft Intelimouse 3.0, OR the Razer Deathadder.

on what surface u have used the MS WMO? its supposed to be great. i happened to find one used, tested it yesterday and it tracked terribly. i guess it was broken, though not visible on windows desktop. I tried it on both cloth and plastic, paper and whatever.. sucked. But i know it is a classic.. and cheap.
2011-11-18, 19:33
51 posts

Oct 2011
old wrote:
Matuka wrote:

on what surface u have used the MS WMO? its supposed to be great. i happened to find one used, tested it yesterday and it tracked terribly. i guess it was broken, though not visible on windows desktop. I tried it on both cloth and plastic, paper and whatever.. sucked. But i know it is a classic.. and cheap.

SteelSeries QcK+, SteelSeries 4HD and the Razer Goliathus Speed Edition. Perhaps you have a faulty model?
2011-11-18, 19:49
810 posts

Jan 1970
that.. and the mouses properties might be entirely different when at 500 or 1000hz. I cant hack the usb up from 125hz. oh well.
2011-11-18, 19:52
51 posts

Oct 2011
old wrote:
that.. and the mouses properties might be entirely different when at 500 or 1000hz. I cant hack the usb up from 125hz. oh well.

Window 7? Yeah, that's a problem. It's a much harder task to change the polling rate on win7. :[[[ Only reason why I want to buy a deathadder.
  12 posts on 1 page  1