User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2011-10-14, 18:13
375 posts

Sep 2009
After over 5, 6 YEARS without doing LANs we made it happen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvtJc1OLgTw

now, we are planing a BIG LAN, to re-unite every players from the past, to enjoy again the beautiful (BEST OF ETERNITY) GAME!!!!!!!!

enjoy!
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2011-10-14, 19:04
212 posts

Apr 2006
Hi Werner (German name?! :-)),

thanks for the video, I'm watching it right now. Glad to hear QW is still alive in Brazil and even more so that a big lan is going to happen!

Can you tell us anything about the Brazilian scene? Like, how many players/teams still exist, how many are expected to attend the LAN etc? Are you planning to record demos? Do you run online leagues etc. ?
I remember that every once in a while some Brazilian demos appeared on CHTV, and some players just popped out of nowhere, but then it became very silent.

As you probably know by following this site and reading on this forum, the qw scene is very much consolidated and focussed on Europe - even the few remaining North American players follow/play with the Euros. In one Smackdown season years ago, we had tried to run a South American division, however it didn't work out, only very few games were played due to unstable internet connections, poor servers and maybe even lack of motivation. The language barrier was also an issue, only few players actually understood/spoke some English.

It would be cool if you told us that Brazil had like 5409685 active clans and kick ass connections with 30ms pings to Europe - and just missed to sign up for EQL yet ;-)
2011-10-15, 01:38
375 posts

Sep 2009
andy wrote:
Hi Werner (German name?! :-)),

thanks for the video, I'm watching it right now. Glad to hear QW is still alive in Brazil and even more so that a big lan is going to happen!

Can you tell us anything about the Brazilian scene? Like, how many players/teams still exist, how many are expected to attend the LAN etc? Are you planning to record demos? Do you run online leagues etc. ?
I remember that every once in a while some Brazilian demos appeared on CHTV, and some players just popped out of nowhere, but then it became very silent.

As you probably know by following this site and reading on this forum, the qw scene is very much consolidated and focussed on Europe - even the few remaining North American players follow/play with the Euros. In one Smackdown season years ago, we had tried to run a South American division, however it didn't work out, only very few games were played due to unstable internet connections, poor servers and maybe even lack of motivation. The language barrier was also an issue, only few players actually understood/spoke some English.

It would be cool if you told us that Brazil had like 5409685 active clans and kick ass connections with 30ms pings to Europe - and just missed to sign up for EQL yet ;-)

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT!!! Glad to see quakers interested in news!!! here in Brasil quake has been a little dead for the past 2 years, but now this year 2011 it has been REBORN... maybe i'm overreacting, but lots of 4on4 happened this last months... lots of classic quakers came back to play (like Doob, Pietro, Etc...)
In USA we get ping 145, very playable... but in europe ping 300... =[

If ever I go to europe, i'm going to PLAY QW THE WHOLE TRIP MAN!!!! HEAUEAHUHaeUHaeUHAEHUAE

I wonder if one day optical fibers would connect us, and then the dream would come true! imagine, ping 30 all over the world!
=D

don't worry, im gonna post the best demos of the big lan on CHTV!!!!

thanks again for the interest! and for watching my video!

i have to go now, i'll come back later to post other stuff!

bye!
(QW Nickname: AL.Kernell)
2011-11-14, 10:25
35 posts

Feb 2011
Good old times...

*AnM* Overflow, and now, 6.overflow
  4 posts on 1 page  1