User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Site Feedback
2011-07-26, 08:47
245 posts

Jan 2006
So, many quakers know i'm a troll and/or spammer.

However, our nice forum is getting spammed by other trolls and other spammers.

They are not fun, because they make no sense.

So what do you think?
Can i be moderator and/or admin for quakeworld.nu? I really want this forum to stay clean and quakeworld online
the offtopic section is fun, but we're getting tons of real spam to our forum, we don't want it.

As a troll, may i be the trollkarl (wizard) to be able to clean the forum from none-quakeworld topics in all forums?

Best Regards
raket
2011-07-26, 08:57
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Maybe read the front page news? We have easy way of removing 99% of the spam by one button (multiple users and posts) so it will take less time than me replying to this thread.
Servers: Troopers
2011-07-26, 09:07
226 posts

Mar 2007
I think those spam posts have been brilliant! Like this one guy posting about these GREAT sandals on a thread about QW tweaking, what's a better way to tweak your QW performance than a pair of Dr. Schenke's Sandals!
2011-07-26, 09:10
1329 posts

Apr 2006
They have been really "clever ones". Do not reply to them though, and absolutely do not quote them. Every single spammer WILL get banned and deleted, and their posts will be removed in the process. So if you replied to one of those spam threads, your replies will be automatically deleted. If not, some admin will remove your reply if it was related or quoting the spam.
Servers: Troopers
2011-07-26, 12:57
226 posts

Mar 2007
Btw, I found some spam in Quakeworld wiki It was quite hilarious
2011-07-27, 13:50
245 posts

Jan 2006
Why not have a spam section?. Over general discussing. spam is fun sometimes, maybe the spammers like their own section like the .spam feature in the qw bot (i once hosted alicebots because they was removed after my spamming). I would'nt mind reading some spam, it's like news. and many picture.

[Spam section: please spam here]
For spammers and trolls, behave

Would'nt that be funny?

I think those spam posts have been brilliant! Like this one guy posting about these GREAT sandals on a thread about QW tweaking, what's a better way to tweak your QW performance than a pair of Dr. Schenke's Sandals!

That's really funny
2011-07-27, 17:12
347 posts

Feb 2006
They don't post links here for us to read it, but to get higher ranking in search engines. If we allow the spam we are basically encouraging them to continue,
2011-07-27, 18:03
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Also they wouldn't be bothered to post into the proper category anyway, just as raket isn't bothered using the Quote functionality when he is quoting someone.
  8 posts on 1 page  1