User panel stuff on forum
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
European Quake League
2011-02-25, 17:46
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Adding Diki to FU would not be a bid deal. However you look at it, FU still would have only two players: Diki who can play any map pretty good, and persuader who is good at dm2. The rest of the FU crew are by no means more than your average div2 players. For example BLT with pige, kapo, knave and hafog would match FU, like would Chosen with ok98, junkass, hooraytio and maybe flamer.
Servers: Troopers
2011-02-25, 17:46
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
Thinking about removing all non-topic related posts here, fkn hijacking my post to talk about DIKI? lol plz.
Lets stay ON topic plz.

And Rikoll, I'm referring to ALL divisions, including division1. If we were suppose to actually stay on schedule teams wouldn't have played 1 game but 4-5 by now. I guess it's even worse in div2 and especially 3, where half didn't even play a single round.

I also think it's better to have 20 teams that can play active during the season, than 30 teams where 10 teams idles and have to give wo on half the matches.

And if you can't play a few nights a week then you need more active teammates or just stick to practice games.
ready!
2011-02-25, 17:48
9 posts

Nov 2008
I think letting Diki to join FU would make it little bit more interesting in division 2.
Now we have a KOFF in divison2 and they will most likely have walk in the park from the start to end if they will keep active level up and playing with top lineup.

It was mistake from admins to let them to join in division2 but they are there and they will stay there.But we could make it more even.

Admins were speaking before the season that they would want to see now division2 final played with much more spectators and maybe even have a commentator for the game.

But do we want to see final where KOFF will beat up easily any opponent they will face.
Maybe FU with Diki would atleast give a decent final for the spectators.
2011-02-25, 18:04
9 posts

Nov 2008
Ups Sorry Paradoks didint see your post above

It is always hard for start to season and be active from the start most teams will have new lineup from previous seasons and it will take time to start.

I am sure activity level will raise much from this.

Only problem is that this season is so short it will be hard to catch up maybe few catchup weeks can solve the problem.There is still long way to go for summer when activity will drop down.
2011-02-25, 19:26
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
ParadokS wrote:
Next week is about to start and each team should have played about 6-8 games by then. That's a lot of catching up.

Not sure where that calculation has come from, by the time the next week starts we will be less than 2 weeks into the season. Div3 only need to play 12 matches, div2 13 matches, and div1 16 matches (even assuming that every single clan plays every single match and doesn't go idle/quit which I have never ever seen happen in over 10 years of european qw) which means an average of ~2 games per week. So after 1.5 weeks of the season which will be reached next week you'd expect clans to have played about 3 matches (4 for div1), increasing to 5 (6 for div1) by the end of next week. Certainly nothing like 6-8 games which would be HALF of the matches in 1.5 weeks (at the start of next week which is what you mentioned) or even 2.5 weeks (if we are generous and assume the meant the END of next week) of a season that lasts about 6.5 weeks???
2011-02-26, 03:12
284 posts

Oct 2006
fog wrote:
There some simple explanations about the Diki issue and Koff:

1. Koff has been either inactive or div2 material for like the last 4 seasons of EQL.
2. This season, they would most likely fit in to current div1, as with FT and DC yes, when looking at it afterwards.
3. We did a mistake about KOFF as it looks like, we agree on that, but ->
4. Correct one mistake with making another doesn't solve anything.

So we judged that FU with its best 3 player (including persu) + diki would be a bit too much.

We've heard a lot of different reasons for why we should allow a player addition:
- So it might be ping that is bad
- The player is to be really inactive
- He won't play at his best...

But you still haven't heard the simplest one where it doesn't even matter what connection and activity diki has?

Comparing diki + persu vs scenic + creature (imo and _many_ agree):
scenic is better than diki
creature and persu are quite even (not getting into map breakdowns)

You can even add Lastentarha's third player, Twist, into the mix. I would say that he is more consistent and solid than any of the next players in FU, most of whom play more 2on2 and 1on1 than 4on4 and more often than not with varying lineups and voice communications. Lastentarha on the other hand has a quite tight lineup with scenic, twist, lohe, with either crea (not so active always) or rlx/dr. Nasty Nas Santeri filling in. I'm simply having problems thinking about why diki would be a problem and for whom? Who does it serve to keep him out of FU? And it does not have to be a precedent for any future seasons or situations as they are all unique.

Para, fix sr vs sr stats plz !
2011-02-26, 06:43
485 posts

Feb 2006
But Fog just said KOFF is misplaced and comparison to them is irrelevant.
2011-02-26, 13:50
18 posts

Sep 2007
Kalma wrote:
But Fog just said KOFF is misplaced and comparison to them is irrelevant.

He didn't actually say it, I did say that they can hide behind it. And Nio, we all know who it serves not to change the decision to keep Diki out of FU, it is just forbidden to say it out loud (thanks Johnny, sorry I got carried away). But still the problem remains that QW is an old and dying game and all_this_crap_does_not_help_the_scene.
2011-02-26, 14:30
64 posts

Jan 2009
I don't see why diki wouldn't be allowed to join another div2 clan tho, one that's not allready one of the top div2 teams without him, which FU definetly is.

Also please enlighten me Anza about: "And Nio, we all know who it serves not to change the decision to keep Diki out of FU"
Perhaps all the teams in div2 except for koff? FU can allready compete with every team in div2 and beat most of them I bet, so why should admins risk a transfer to your team that could potentially make you misplaced aswell like lastentarha is when your team allready is one of the best in div2.
Really makes no sense.
2011-02-26, 14:32
55 posts

Jan 2009
Let me do that for you, rkd. Chosen with OK98.
2011-02-26, 15:15
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
rkd wrote:
I don't see why diki wouldn't be allowed to join another div2 clan tho, one that's not allready one of the top div2 teams without him, which FU definetly is.

Also please enlighten me Anza about: "And Nio, we all know who it serves not to change the decision to keep Diki out of FU"
Perhaps all the teams in div2 except for koff? FU can allready compete with every team in div2 and beat most of them I bet, so why should admins risk a transfer to your team that could potentially make you misplaced aswell like lastentarha is when your team allready is one of the best in div2.
Really makes no sense.

Exactly.
dmt wrote:
Let me do that for you, rkd. Chosen with OK98.

I don't see how ok98 would be much better than persu, and I can't see how Diki would be allowed in CSN either.
Your argument is just plain stupid. Hooraytio on the other hand didn't decide in this matter.
2011-02-26, 15:16
28 posts

Jul 2008
anza + 1

more divs with less, but more equal clans!
2011-02-26, 16:19
398 posts

Feb 2006
niomic wrote:
Para, fix sr vs sr stats plz !

Niomic/para - upload demos from sr-sr2 game plz.
2011-02-26, 17:26
18 posts

Sep 2007
1) Wasn't thinking of CSN
2) Many teams from div2 actually said OK for Diki to join us.
2011-02-26, 20:19
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Dmt...... I did not vote on any addition to div2 clans after the divisions were made. Also, why would i put koff in div2 if all i wanted to do was to make csn win?
Chosen
2011-02-26, 21:45
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Seriously, any comment after this one on the divwhine I will delete and the authors will receive a warning. It's not only against the rules (comments about individual teams and players don't really add anything useful to this topic) but also disrespectful against the TS, especially since he pointed it out himself.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-02-26, 22:38
64 posts

Jan 2009
Well can't say I got many ideas for how to create better activity in the scene but what I've noticed in both sd/csn that I've played with is that there are definetly times when there's four people around that could prac but there has to be someone who takes command and actually push for a prac, bother the other mates and join around in irc channels and ask around for prac etc, otherwise people drift of and do something else instead.
That's definetly something almost all clans could become better in, either using that doooooodle or any other means to check up on teammates when they could play.

Another idea for trying to create more prac situations is if there was some sort of global qw doodle site or something that is basically just a calendar where teams could write up on a specific date/time that they could prac and it's visible to everyone.
So for example I could see that cccp could prac on next tuesday at 20cet and I could ask around in SD if anyone would be able to prac them that night. And since people would know that there actually will be a prac opponent available it will be easier for them to cancel minor other plans they could've done that night. I know alot of people really hate sitting and waiting for prac for hours and not finding shit, and next time mates ask if you could prac tonight you feel you would rather do something else cause you will probably not find a prac anyway.
2011-02-27, 09:44
398 posts

Feb 2006
rkd wrote:
Well can't say I got many ideas for how to create better activity in the scene but what I've noticed in both sd/csn that I've played with is that there are definetly times when there's four people around that could prac but there has to be someone who takes command and actually push for a prac, bother the other mates and join around in irc channels and ask around for prac etc, otherwise people drift of and do something else instead.
That's definetly something almost all clans could become better in, either using that doooooodle or any other means to check up on teammates when they could play.

Another idea for trying to create more prac situations is if there was some sort of global qw doodle site or something that is basically just a calendar where teams could write up on a specific date/time that they could prac and it's visible to everyone.
So for example I could see that cccp could prac on next tuesday at 20cet and I could ask around in SD if anyone would be able to prac them that night. And since people would know that there actually will be a prac opponent available it will be easier for them to cancel minor other plans they could've done that night. I know alot of people really hate sitting and waiting for prac for hours and not finding shit, and next time mates ask if you could prac tonight you feel you would rather do something else cause you will probably not find a prac anyway.

I thought this thread was about eql games, and not about pracs. Pracs are part of the problem why there's not enough eql games played :E
2011-02-27, 12:04
485 posts

Feb 2006
Doodle was used in Chosen as opposed to using irc topic, but people didn't sign up or show up any better. When QW is not something people want to plan ahead and make time for, scheduling doesn't help much.
2011-02-27, 13:42
64 posts

Jan 2009
"pracs are port of the problem why there's not enough eql games played" Yea in the fact that teams think they have pracced too _LITTLE_ to play eql games. I have never heard of a team saying "we don't want to eql we have pracced too much".
So my idea is still valid, also a global calendar site when you see a teamname on a date, when you click on it you could perhaps see a little comment section (we can play around 20-23cet eql/prac pm rkd).

"When QW is not something people want to plan ahead and make time for, scheduling doesn't help much."
With a calendar like I'm suggesting the teams that are actually good at scheduling and assembling four players at a date and time will always have their team up on this site and by doing so they cut the workload for the teams that "don't want to plan ahead" because all they have to do is check this site.

Well either way if it will raise activity and ensure more pracs/eql games I can't predict. But I really don't see how it could affect it negatively and I doubt it's such a hard process the setup a site like this, I bet there are allready frameworks you could copy for it.
2011-02-28, 09:09
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
From experience you have a rather small window from getting 3 mates to agree to play until you have to find a game.
If it takes more than 30-60 minutes someone must eat, watch a movie, play football or sleep.
The whole qw community seems rather moody and you have to get 8 ppl in the mood at the same time, and when you do the other team goes: we just feel like prac.

I think it will be hard to get it much better than it is now since its so much easier to stand ppl down online than irl. You can blame just about anything for not showing up online while it takes a little more guts and bad behavoir to let your football team or date down when they are waiting for you to show up.
Chosen
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page