User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2011-02-20, 11:08
4 posts

Feb 2011
Hi. I use latest nQuake.
I sometimes play with bots. To add bot I execute command "map dm4" then "addbot".
However I need to set skill to 2 by executing 8 times command skilldown, later I want to disable powerups etc.
I don't know how to add this commands to autoexec.
Can you help me?
Next time when I start nquake and execute addbot I want to have all parameters preconfigured.
2011-02-20, 13:50
685 posts

Jul 2007
This is how I do these things:

First I decide what I what gametype I want. If you want 1on1, type 'bot_1on1' (without quotes). Then powerups are already disabled etc. For ffa, 'bot_ffa' or just load a map and type 'addbot'. Then you automatically have skill10 I think. So these cfg's are already part of nquake.

I also created a bots.cfg for ffa wich looks like this:

"timelimit "12"
fraglimit "0"
drop // needs restart

// map order
localinfo ztndm3 ukooldm2
localinfo ukooldm2 rwild
localinfo rwild pkeg1
localinfo pkeg1 ultrav
localinfo ultrav schloss
localinfo schloss ztndm5
localinfo ztndm5 e1m2
localinfo e1m2 e1m5
localinfo e1m5 e2m2
localinfo e2m2 cmt4
localinfo cmt4 spinev2
localinfo spinev2 frobodm2
localinfo frobodm2 debello
localinfo debello qffldm5
localinfo qffldm5 dm2
localinfo dm2 dm3
localinfo dm3 dm4
localinfo dm4 dm6
localinfo dm6 ztndm4
localinfo ztndm4 ztndm3"

That's for ffa and I bound a key to it in my ezquake cfg:
bind i "exec bots.cfg"

So, when I play ffa, I first type 'bot_ffa' and then press 'i'.

However, as mentioned, to really enable or disable drop, it requires a restart of the match. So I also have this in my cfg:
bind p "restart"

Ofc, if you want to be able to change the 'drop' status all the time (why???), you can also just bind a key to just the drop thing:
bind o "drop"

You can also bind a key to skillup or skilldown.

There's one problem with the bot_1on1 and bot_ffa commans in my nquake:
When I play ffa AFTER I've played 1on1, then my gameclock won't count. It's freezed. So then I just quit ezquake, and restart it. Probably a bug.

As far as I know, there's no way to really have everything completely setup in the autoexec.cfg for all gametypes at once, because the bot & drop settings totally depend on the gametype you choose. So just use the bot_1on1 or bot_ffa commands and these other things I've mentioned so you can always change 'drop' on the fly. However, you could try to add some of this stuff to your autoexec.cfg according to what gametype you play most and just use the extra binds I've mentioned for skillup/down and drop.

You could also just add your fav settings to the bot_1on1 or bot_ffa configs.... which are in the frogbot.pak as far as I know, located in: nQuakeEZquake\qw

Suit yourself
2011-02-20, 14:38
4 posts

Feb 2011
Thanks for reply.
Is there any possibilty to set skill to 2 at start?
Now I need to push 8 times key to set it to 2
2011-02-20, 14:52
685 posts

Jul 2007
bastardz wrote:
Thanks for reply.
Is there any possibilty to set skill to 2 at start?
Now I need to push 8 times key to set it to 2

Yes, just edit the bot cfg's that are located in the frogbot.pak. You can open pak files with PakExplorer

Example:

With PakExplorer open the fb_1on1.cfg and just ad 'skill 2'. Like this:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
skill 2
fraglimit 0
timelimit 10
teamplay 0
deathmatch 3
maxclients 2
maxspectators 8
hostname "Frogbot Clan Arena"

localinfo d_skill 5 // bot skill
localinfo k_timetop 30 // maximum time in minutes allocateable by a player for a game
localinfo k_overtime 1 // overtime mode (0 = off, 1 = time, 2 = SD)
localinfo k_exttime 3 // overtime length if overtime == 1
localinfo allow_startsound 1 // start sound mode (0 = off, 1 = on)
localinfo k_count 10 // number of seconds for the countdown to last
localinfo k_spectalk 0 // spectators can talk to players during game
localinfo add_q_aerowalk 1 // quad in map aerowalk
localinfo k_kfp 1 // "kill" flood protection
localinfo proxy 0 // qizmo or mqwcl (0 = off, 1 = on)
localinfo k_motd1 "Duel server" // message of the day

// misc
samelevel 8393536

// map order
localinfo aerowalk ztndm3
localinfo ztndm3 skull
localinfo skull aerowalk

map aerowalk"
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Then save and press OK for the message that PakExplorer gives you (recalculating space or something).

From now on you can just type bot_1on1 and you're done (for 1on1 anyway). Edit the ffa cfg as well and you're all set
2011-02-20, 15:02
685 posts

Jul 2007
BTW: the default skill when using the built-in bot cfg's, like bot_1on1, is 5, not 10. Only when you first use the map command and then use addbot, the skill is set at 10. Trust me, if you pay attention to bot behavior, you'll be winning at skill 5 soon anyway.

At Aerowalk for instance, you'll notice the frogbot won't go for RA, so make sure he does not get YA. Because of that kind of predictability, decent players can beat frogbot lvl 20 quite easily. Just don't try to out aim it with LG, unless you're a serious shaftwore yourself
2011-02-21, 17:16
4 posts

Feb 2011
Is there any Mac version of PakExplorer? I cant find any.
2011-02-21, 18:10
4 posts

Feb 2011
megalodon I used to play a lot 10 years ago
I want to practise from skill 2 to skill 10
2011-02-22, 22:29
685 posts

Jul 2007
bastardz wrote:
Is there any Mac version of PakExplorer? I cant find any.

Probably not
2011-02-22, 23:34
23 posts

Aug 2009
How do I play 2v2 with bots ? I mean me and one bot vs 2 bots

Or 4v4 ?
2011-02-23, 16:24
685 posts

Jul 2007
Perhaps if you can type 'bot_1on1' you can also try 'bot_2on2'??? Or bot_4on4?

In fact, wouldn't trying that give the answer faster then posting about it on a forum and hoping someone responds?

We don't mind helping ppl out, but a LITTLE bit of action on your own part wouldn't hurt. Most ppl will flat out ignore questions like this, especially because you can read instructions for bot play in nquake's console on startup.
2011-02-23, 18:54
312 posts

Feb 2006
Perhaps he hasn't downloaded nquake and I'm not sure if vanilla frogbots have those easily executable config files.
2011-02-24, 12:11
685 posts

Jul 2007
mipa wrote:
Perhaps he hasn't downloaded nquake and I'm not sure if vanilla frogbots have those easily executable config files.

That's why I specifically mentioned 'nquake' and even if he has just ezquake, anybody that reads here about 'bot_1on1' should be able to try 'bot_2on2'.
  12 posts on 1 page  1