User panel stuff on forum
  20 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2006-04-09, 02:57
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
lets start with some brainstorming and what you would like to have included in theese two clients

I want a playlist for demos with shuffle/repeate etc..
2006-04-09, 08:53
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i think you didn't read sassas post hetman

i doubt you want people to brainstorm ideas into the trackers
2006-04-09, 09:42
232 posts

Feb 2006
Consult the ezQuake/FTE forums' patrons for more ideas to bounce off perhaps:

http://ezquake.sf.net/forum

www.fteqw.com/forums.php
vb.drok-radnik.com
2006-04-09, 14:40
810 posts

Jan 1970
will ezquake be developed in to a graphic side like FTe , tenabrae , dark places ? people wants something new , you know ... mayby you people get trought all and do one Client/standard/securitymode with all possible functions ???
2006-04-09, 15:07
1011 posts

Feb 2006
zquake/fuhquake/ezquake are focussed on usability in real-world competitions e.g. nqr, duelmania etc.

fte/darkplaces/tenebrae are generally focussed on providing a showcase for their respective authors' talents at programming graphical effects and including large numbers of features

in GNU terms, the former are like vim whilst the later are like emacs-devel
2006-04-09, 15:20
90 posts

Mar 2006
id like to see decals and powerup shells in ezquake
id like to see coronas fixed for torches
2006-04-09, 15:21
1011 posts

Feb 2006
powerup shells would be cool but decals i'm less keen on (personally)
2006-04-09, 18:03
810 posts

Jan 1970
but it is possible that ezquake could support bunp maps \ RT shadows ? or it makes dificulties to the programers ?
2006-04-09, 19:56
90 posts

Mar 2006
bump mapping is already in ezquake afaik
but doesnt rt lighting and shadows require having cheats on? kinda a waste if thats true
2006-04-10, 01:04
271 posts

Feb 2006
oldman wrote:
zquake/fuhquake/ezquake are focussed on usability in real-world competitions e.g. nqr, duelmania etc.

fte/darkplaces/tenebrae are generally focussed on providing a showcase for their respective authors' talents at programming graphical effects and including large numbers of features

you got tenebrae right, except that tenebrae is not focused on large numbers of features, just pretty ones.

FTE is not a showcase of programmer's abilities. It is an engine targeted towards casual gamers. The sort that would never play a game simply because it looks like it's 5 years old. :p
Darkplaces is aimed primarily as a modder's engine, although I personally consider FTE to be more modable anyway.

The real reason that fte does not have all these teamplay oriented features is because I personally consider them to be cheats. They are also relativly easy to implement and I simply have no personal interest in them, what with me not being a real gamer. I started FTE to give me greater experience of programming. It has a vast range of features because those are the features that are technically interesting, amusing, or minor stepping stones to the next big thing. Typically I do all the complex stuff, and TimeServ comes along and does all the user-based stuff. However, he's not a real gamer either.
If you're reading this, are a reasonably competent coder and an avid quakeworld player, feel free to volenteer and we'll try and find something fitting your general level of ability and interests. FTE needs YOU!

Xtife: FTE considers realtime _world_ lighting as a cheat, because you can place lots of lights in strategic places in order to see the shadows of players as they come around corners. Realtime lights on rockets and explosions and stuff are not cheats. Only predefined light sources are cheats.
world realtime lights are always going to be too slow to be really practical in a competition, so the fact that these are considered cheats is really a moot point.
bumpmapping, specular, and shadows on rockets are not cheats.
moo
2006-04-10, 08:32
1011 posts

Feb 2006
"FTE is not a showcase of programmer's abilities"
"I started FTE to give me greater experience of programming"

heh
2006-04-10, 10:09
50 posts

Mar 2006
sassa wrote:
I want a playlist for demos with shuffle/repeate etc..

this is already possible in ezq
"...it's really easy! when you get a boner, you slap her titties a couple of times, then you stick it inside her and pee..."
2006-04-10, 18:56
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
oldman wrote:
"FTE is not a showcase of programmer's abilities"
"I started FTE to give me greater experience of programming"

heh

oldman, i suspect many other engine developers started working on Quake for greater experience of programming. That simply doesn't mean their engine isn't/wasn't geared towards the gamers.
2006-04-11, 11:21
810 posts

Jan 1970
Built in voice support same as half-life....if that's possible?
I know there's teamspeak but it would be nice to have it built in server side.
2006-04-12, 02:57
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
I want ezQuake to have better menu's for weapon binds!
so beginners can eazly bind their weapons instead of going into the config

---

Menu mouse would be awsome aswell!

(i know these things are possible in fte)
2006-04-12, 07:53
1011 posts

Feb 2006
Personally mouse support in the menus has always seemed a useless feature. You're not using it daily to browse websites after all. Apart from server browser most people spend like 10 minutes navigating the menus ever.

sassa: would do you mean by "better menu's for weapon binds"? what is lacking in the current ones?
2006-04-12, 08:59
1754 posts

Jan 2006
well, the mouse for copying out of the console is sorta cool in FTE
2006-04-12, 09:55
55 posts

Mar 2006
mouse support would indeed be a handy feature.
when you need to edit an alias wich is very big, you could just use 'viewalias xxx' and then use the mouse to select certain parts of it to copy/paste. copy/paste is just very handy for lots of things.

regarding to alias editing, a command like viewalias but with the abillity of editing parts just by moving the cursor through the code. this command would be editalias or something...
2006-04-12, 10:14
104 posts

Mar 2006
ezquake should've better menĂº
something like in FTE

could u bind teamsays aswell in FTE?

If not that should be included in ezQuake

oh.

You should also be alllowed to customize those
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/bypa/ptw/asamoah_l.jpg
2006-04-12, 14:01
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
oldman, I was more thnking of the way you bind weapons in Q3 etc should be possible in QW aswell..
  20 posts on 1 page  1