User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  Diablo2
  41 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2010-06-23, 00:21
100 posts

Mar 2008
If you know that the gameplay has been modified(and you can get some benefit from it), will you tell the others? anyway, i dont need an answer, i've already got it. Ofc im talking about D2
2010-06-23, 06:45
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
i think you are talking about antilag miku83!
Chosen
2010-06-23, 10:43
100 posts

Mar 2008
Im rather talking about the playing attitude Antilag is overdiscussed, its buggy, Bigfoot's demo proved it well enough.
2010-06-24, 10:04
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
His demo was for a different antilag...

But let's not go more offtopic here
2010-06-24, 12:32
303 posts

Jun 2007
Rikoll wrote:
The economy in D2 is already "fucked", because "everyone" bots, and Blizzard takes no action towards it. With fucked I mean uniques and runes and such has really low value, while super rare items with good stats can cost insane amounts. It doesn't bring me much joy, so to speak, but its costs me so little time that the little joy I get from it is worth it from my perspective.

Don't you think that presence of players with shitloads of gold in D3 from day one will "fuck" it's economy?
2010-06-24, 13:08
459 posts

Mar 2008
Herb wrote:
Don't you think that presence of players with shitloads of gold in D3 from day one will "fuck" it's economy?

No, it will not, cause of inflation. The impact it will have on the economy in D3 in the long run is negligible. People with loads will just spend alot / all they have on a couple of items at start and be happy with that. If were lucky, blizzard will also implement their own economy system, so you can actually have a bank of some sort with a currency you can trade, and not only rely on items for trading and be dependent on loads of mules to stash away all the crap you pick up.

And no, I won't cheat at all in D3. If it turns into a bot haven like D2 did, I won't bother with it. Only reason I picked up D2 lately was to get a tiny heads up when D3 is released, and the small excitement it gives to see if the bot have found something extreme when I wake up.
2010-06-24, 15:58
48 posts

Aug 2008
rlx: well how long is a "while" ?

Imo most people can probably enjoy WOW for at least a half year or a year. I have played it for like 5-6 months now and it's really fun still. I have so far only played it as a single player game and never really got into raiding or arena yet. At first it was just fun to discover the world, and leveling up your character and getting new abilities/spells etc. That is where they have really succeded in making a great game imo! So thats why i recommend it to the ones that didnt try it

But ye im sure you will get bored after you have ~7 level 80 chars and have done all raids etc etc. But the initial phase when you discover the game is great.

I agree though that the fixed loots on bosses is extremly boring. I think there should be a chance that ANY item can drop on ANY enemy (including other players).
2010-06-24, 17:12
59 posts

Mar 2010
razor:

Well almost 2 years or so (classic and tbc, quited just before wotlk). Got bored like atleast half year before I quit.

I played mostly worldpvp/bg/arena but some raids aswell. Had only 2x level 70 chars, because once you play it through its just too painful to start again from level1 (killing boars!). Got Marshal rank in classic and in tbc season2 arena rank1 in 2on2+3on3 at same time (lost merciless glad though just before end of season because decided to help everyone get points in those teams :s).

But it just takes so much time, farming items/reputation/money/honor/arenapts(for many teams) etc. And travelling everywhere in real time! ZZzz
And the usual farming is not relaxing or fun at all, because you have to keep doing it all the time to stay competitive. Mobs are very stupid and its too repetitive (killing the same mob who acts exactly the same every time, over and over again). Mobs also drop always really bad items outside of raids/instances(which doesn't help making the daily farming more interesting).

Even for arena you had to farm enchants and gems and honor and heroic badges (useless time sink only so that you can have fun for 1/10 of that time in arena!). That's not even as bad as the 10x more farming for highend raiding (materials for pots etc shit). Also some characters benefitted then lots of raiding items for arena use, like warglaives for rogue from black temple. So to have the best gear they had to do highend raiding and arena at same time. Wonder if they had even time to go to buy some food between raids/farming/arena .

Sure it was fun for "a while", mostly because everything was so NEW. First succesfull MMO game and first mmo game I have ever played (and probably the last!). WorldPvP was maybe the best thing of WoW but that got ruined by Flying Mounts in TBC. Arena was fun for while but also got bored of it after reaching highest rank possible. Then the system gets really flawed because you only gain +1 from winning and -32 when you lose(also queues can get really long). Resists, racial differences, item differences(raid items) and countering setups were also really big flaws for wow arena. (But those didn't matter for classic world pvp+ some premade bgs). Then it had also more of horde vs alliance feeling overall because no shared cities etc.

For example Street Fighter4 is prolly the fastest to setup a game and have fun few rounds(one round like 20s-1min) and quit. =) That's a bit more efficient play&have fun concept :E

edit: wanted to add that another really annoying thing was that blizzard randomly listened criers in forums and made changes to classes and the game all the time. So suddenly some overpowered class was really shit and some other class became overpowered etc.
2010-06-25, 06:48
459 posts

Mar 2008
My experience of WoW is pretty similar to rlx', apart from I was playing a rogue, and was a general (horde side) pre-tbc, and won the netherdrake in 2v2 and 5v5 instead of one in 3v3. All the things he says is true. Playing WoW competitively is extremely time consuming, and just gets a pain in the ass eventually. I'm sure its a good game if you can relax with it, like it seems you do razor. I seem to miss that ability to just chill around with a game, and don't give a damn about how good I become at it (well, a few exceptions, like singe player RPG games f. ex).

And yes!, damn how fun world PvP and playing premades with a good group of people in AB / WSG was before TBC. Grouping up, killing some PvE alliance raids on their way to black rock to start on Blackwing Lair, which reached its climax when they finally managed to gather all of their 40 peeps at the same spot and totally annihilates your group :-D. Then some shit-talking on the forums afterwards ofc. Hehe, good times! Used to play in a dedicated PvP Guild back then as well, called Suicide Squad. Blizzard was some lame ass bitches, and we had to change the name of the Guild eventually because someone reported it as being provocative. Heh, a name with reference to a 30 years (?) old movie being to provocative? Gg. Changed the name to Censored Squad :-)

edit: and also the chest in Gurubashi Arena. Great fun :-)
2010-06-26, 09:31
48 posts

Aug 2008
haha "censored"
ye it doesnt sound like pro-arena is something worth getting into imo when you have a game like that when you play a short match in an arena,
then it should ONLY be about that match and not some farming outside of it.
I love competetive games and to try figure out strategies etc but feels boring when everyone doesnt have equal setups from the start of the match. And also i think it sucks that they separate PVE gear and PVP gear. I wanna play both with the same gear
what is the whole point of resilience anyway? it just feels stupid.. would be better if all had 0.
2010-06-27, 09:14
100 posts

Mar 2008
off topic! to Zalon: fail, it was on an antilag 2 server, watch the demo first pls.
But let's not go more offtopic here
  41 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page