User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2010-06-08, 15:36
3 posts

Jun 2010
Hey!

First of all I wanted to say hi to everyone. I went back to playing QW after 5 years break, before some of you might remamber me from clans like The Damned, BOPbI. I see the community is doing very well and I'm glad to see familiar faces (nicknames) on this forum.

For few days im struggling with an issue, and seems that my IT knowledge is insufficient to solve it. :<

When someone in the house uses the internet connection on the second computer at home, I got huge lag spikes to 300 / PL30 playign QW on mine - everytime someone launches a webpage, do a single thing which lowers the bandwith even for a milisecond. The same thing is with using wifi as a lan - lag spikes again. Not talking about downloading or streaming which kills the QW ping completly. I used to play WoW and other online games and the problem occurs only in QW. Is it a bad prioytizing by wifi router? My network is setup on a DLink wifi router with 2 Mbit / 256 ADSL. HEALP PLX
2010-06-08, 15:54
76 posts

Oct 2009
what wireless card do you use?
what wireless access point do you use (manufacturer)?
is Access point also a router?
did you enable QOS on your router?
did you try cables?
2010-06-08, 21:11
3 posts

Jun 2010
card = asus i think it is WL-138G 2
access point = Dlink asdl wifi router
access point it's a router
dont know what QOS is
not able to try cables
2010-06-09, 18:54
3 posts

Jun 2010
ok i logged in my router setup and found out that QoS is turned off. my router is Dlink DSL-2640B. help plx anyone?
2010-06-09, 19:04
357 posts

Nov 2008
1: Why you're not able to try cables?
2: Maybe try making a homemade wireless antenna. I made the most simple one (http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html) and i got ~10db more. There are some more complex ones which will make your signal level higher. Just google for homemade wireless antenna

Hope it improves your connection.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
  5 posts on 1 page  1