User panel stuff on forum
  43 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2010-06-08, 10:58
188 posts

Jan 2007
Renzo wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
The same way you credit the people you take code and names from?

I do not take anyone's code, much less code in QW-projects, so you have to be confused.

Oh, OK, so you just don't like giving credit where credit is due. Fair enough.

Renzo wrote:
Considering the fact that you already have a warning from breaking QW.nu rules, having an obvious grudge towards certain developers, the way you behave overall and finally breaking a rule (#5) once again, this is your last warning.

Do you think you contributed anything worthwhile to the thread?

Considering the fact that you obviously have a grudge towards certain developers, do you think you're eligble for a warning?

Considering the fact that you obviously have a conflict of interest and that you have previously abused your moderator privileges to attempt to bully me, do you really think that threatening me is a wise move?
2010-06-08, 11:18
1329 posts

Apr 2006
bigfoot wrote:
Considering the fact that you obviously have a conflict of interest and that you have previously abused your moderator privileges to attempt to bully me, do you really think that threatening me is a wise move?

As an administrator of the board, I gave you a warning not to continue. Did you think you could continue to behave the way you do and the staff of qw.nu wouldn't notice it or let it slip? Besides it seems that you are the one "threatening" someone with your last sentence.

For his continuous abusive posting, flaming attempts and breaking the rules, bigfoot gets some time off. Once the ban is lifted, and if the "act" continues, there will be no more warnings before action is taken.
Servers: Troopers
2010-06-08, 20:04
100 posts

Apr 2008
that smooth quake article update was good.

makes things a lot simpler to navigate and go through. gives good explanation regarding setting your fps to a multiple of your refresh rate.

so your fps should be a multiple of your refresh rate? i thought you didnt need to set it that way anymore. anyways

ive just tried using refresh lock, btw that link in smoothquake doesnt work, refresh doesnt exist anymore its now ReForce, need to change that in link. i set in ReForce my hz to 154 (i have a crt)

it seems to have fixed some kind of issue with quake. the strafe pulling and turning circle pulling etc that caused slowness of movement seems to have been completely resolved. not having the

right hz would give this kind of problem? it seems whatever problems ive had with smoothness were to do with the hz i had set and the monitor i was using.. among many other long ago configuration

issues. did hz always have to be relative to fps?

why wouldnt the hz reset in qw unless using reforce... it seems to have made a difference recently changing it to 150hz but now when setting 154 in reforce as opposed to not using reforce and setting 154 in qw it didnt have the same affect?? it was like qw was picking up my windows resolution or something. what the hell

the smoothness is massively noticeable when using reforce 154 hz as opposed to qw 154 hz... unless qw is not registering the 154hz and is running something else..

ive removed reforce settings and tested and retested and it is absolutely noticeable. so what is going on here...

btw: that video on how to change your mouse mouse hz/usb polling rate to 500 or 1000 in windows vista/7 x64 if setpoint doesnt work for you. I made!!
someone had uploaded it to youtube from some other site i uploaded it to
i have a higher quality video of it on my hd i can upload somewhere if requested...
2010-06-10, 06:46
100 posts

Apr 2008
can someone advise on some of the above questions regading fps multiple of refresh rate.. refresh lock changing my hz...

please advise...
2010-06-10, 09:16
48 posts

Jan 2010
had similar issue and i am still using powerstrip becouse there is a noticable difference between Hz set with powerstrip and qw as you said...
2010-06-10, 14:41
485 posts

Feb 2006
krohm wrote:
can someone advise on some of the above questions regading fps multiple of refresh rate..

Quote:
The cl_earlypackets feature obsoletes parts of this guide, so in case you are using the cl_earlypackets you should set cl_physfps 77 and cl_maxfps to whatever value is good for you, preferrably being at least your monitor refreshrate or more. There are no multiplication rules of any kind anymore (neither cl_physfps nor monitor refreshrate matters) so you are free to use 200fps, 300fps, 400fps or whatever if you wish.

...and I don't know any good reason not to use cl_earlypackets.
2010-08-31, 01:31
88 posts

Dec 2008
Also need sys_highpriority 1 to maximize whole quake response, including mouse.
http://qw2.ru - my servers and demos collection since 1999 via ftp :>
2010-12-01, 01:16
188 posts

Jan 2007
Renzo wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

As an administrator of the board, I gave you a warning not to continue. Did you think you could continue to behave the way you do and the staff of qw.nu wouldn't notice it or let it slip? Besides it seems that you are the one "threatening" someone with your last sentence.

For his continuous abusive posting, flaming attempts and breaking the rules, bigfoot gets some time off. Once the ban is lifted, and if the "act" continues, there will be no more warnings before action is taken.

Obviously you did think it was a wise move to abuse your administrator privileges. Congratulations on that.

Now, since you seem so butthurt over having your ego deflated and your ugly personality exposed, let me go into a bit more detail.

You took QTV, a piece of software written by Spike, which currently counts sixteen thousand, yes, 16000 lines of code and released it as your own under the name 'Eztv'. No credit given to the author. None. Nada. No credits on the website linked in your signature, no credits in the releases. Really nothing. The website only mentions unrelated people as developers and _you_ as the 'project leader'.

To add insult to injury, after ripping of Spike's code, you decided to rename 'your' project to the name of Spike's project, thus knowingly and willingly creating a nomenclature.

In this thread, you have the gall to complain that a couple of lines of text were unattributed to you, despite that the text wasn't really original. Let me quote you again:

Renzo wrote:
If you are going to use text someone else has provided elsewhere by copy/pasting it, you will really need to credit the original writer and make reference, not remove it. Otherwise you are stealing.

Yet you, by your own words, stole 16000 lines of code and didn't credit the author.

If you are not the biggest hypocrite on this website, I don't know who is.

PS. You never answered my question: Do you think you contributed anything worthwhile to this thread?
2010-12-01, 09:09
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Could you perhaps take this in pm?
I mean you wait from 8th of June intil now to continue this?
Could perhaps have phoned or emailed or even go to Finland and visit Renzo in the meantime?
Chosen
2010-12-01, 11:31
398 posts

Feb 2006
No, keep it in the open! We need some drama *grabs the popcorn* 8)
2010-12-01, 16:27
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
To be fair, I think both bigfoot and Renzo owe us some post on the original post subject of smoothness. I know both of you know a lot so give us the pro tips! What fps, hz, res, mouse, etc, is important? Is that stupid sensitivity 77.237981237918237 really that big of a deal? Thanks.
2010-12-01, 17:25
115 posts

Mar 2006
just use fodquake and cl_maxfps "whatever you want(in some way related to your monitor refreshrate)". smooth yay!
one of the good guys! so please don't ban - jogi.netdome.biz
2010-12-01, 19:56
1435 posts

Jan 2006
!phil: like this one? http://www.quakeworld.nu/blogs/436/140/
  43 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page