User panel stuff on forum
  15 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2010-05-16, 19:02
370 posts

Mar 2008
So I have my FODFFA server running, all is good except people are complaining about the quad. Why might you ask? Because on Nobodys FFA it was always disabled, but there was a "votequad" command that you could use. But quad was always off anyhow.

So on my server I cannot disable it. Bigfoot said he would have to adjust the code for me, sometime when he's not busy. But I don't really want to bug him anymore, he already did some custom stuff for me to get my server working...

So I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about the QCC code? There must be something to modify or delete so I can disable quad on all levels.

If you could help out, I would really appreciate it!
2010-05-17, 00:24
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
If you link to the code you are talking about I think it would be easier for people to have a look.
2010-05-17, 00:38
370 posts

Mar 2008
I found this in items.qc

/*QUAKED item_artifact_super_damage (0 .5 .8) (-16 -16 -24) (16 16 32)
The next attack from the player will do 4x damage
*/
void() item_artifact_super_damage =
{
self.touch = powerup_touch;

precache_model ("progs/quaddama.mdl";
precache_sound ("items/damage.wav";
precache_sound ("items/damage2.wav";
precache_sound ("items/damage3.wav";
self.noise = "items/damage.wav";
setmodel (self, "progs/quaddama.mdl";
if (deathmatch == 4)
self.netname = "OctaPower";
else
self.netname = "Quad Damage";
self.items = IT_QUAD;
self.effects = self.effects | EF_BLUE;
setsize (self, '-16 -16 -24', '16 16 32');
StartItem ();
2010-05-17, 12:23
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Quote:

Would be cool if there were a 'giant' powerup which made you & your projectiles all bigger & more powerful... but meant you couldn't fit down small corridors
2010-05-17, 16:38
637 posts

Jan 2006
comment out startitem(); and it should do the job
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2010-05-17, 17:11
370 posts

Mar 2008
goqsane wrote:
comment out startitem(); and it should do the job

Yeah I did figure it out until we were on the last map and it tried to go back to the first one on the list . I kept getting these errors:

"not enough ammo" over and over and then the server would crash haha. I'm using fteqcc and I don't think it compiled right after I edited the quad stuff, And I got these errors in the fteqqc log:

fodffa_mapcycle.qc:82: warning: Result of comparison is constant
fodffa_mapcycle.qc:85: warning: Assignment to constant fodffa_mapcycle_changing_map
fodffa_mapcycle.qc:26: fodffa_mapcycle_changing_map is defined here
fodffa_mapcycle.qc:93: warning: fodffa_mapcycle_get_cycle_map_name: Too few parameters
fodffa_defs.qc:86: fodffa_mapcycle_get_cycle_map_name is defined here

So I think its the compiler I was using that messed it up, which is this one fteqcc3343-linux.tar.

I couldn't get the "make" command to work so I got that compiler.

Dunno what to do from here, Quad got disabled but I don't think it compiled properly.
2010-05-17, 20:36
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I've always had better success with frikqcc
2010-05-17, 21:09
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Comment out all the code in the method too, just unneccessary, but don't remove the method itself, our you'd have to check where it's called from.
2010-05-18, 00:01
370 posts

Mar 2008
I tried the frikqcc and the fteqcc and it breaks the map rotation at the last map every time. I think I need the same qcc building tool that Bigfoot used because he did some custom stuff for me before he sent it to me on IRC. I'll send him a MSG.
2010-05-18, 05:21
370 posts

Mar 2008
Ok I finally got it working without crashes when the last map rotates back to the first.

Someone may delete this thread if they wish to do so.
2010-05-18, 19:09
344 posts

Nov 2006
Why delete this thread? People may find it useful. Instead of deleting try posting your solution!
2010-05-18, 19:22
370 posts

Mar 2008
Tuna wrote:
Why delete this thread? People may find it useful. Instead of deleting try posting your solution!

Yeah maybe I should .

Find the items.qc file in the fodffa source dir, and scroll down to powerups.

Now you will see a line called "/*QUAKED item_artifact_super_damage". Delete that line and the rest of the super damage info, and add this instead.

/*QUAKED item_artifact_super_damage (0 .5 .8) (-16 -16 -24) (16 16 32)
The next attack from the player will do 4x damage
*/
void() item_artifact_super_damage =
{

/* remove quad by blah
*/
return;
/* end of changes by blah
*/

self.touch = powerup_touch;

precache_model ("progs/quaddama.mdl";
precache_sound ("items/damage.wav";
precache_sound ("items/damage2.wav";
precache_sound ("items/damage3.wav";
self.noise = "items/damage.wav";
setmodel (self, "progs/quaddama.mdl";
if (deathmatch == 4)
self.netname = "OctaPower";
else
self.netname = "Quad Damage";
self.items = IT_QUAD;
self.effects = self.effects | EF_BLUE;
StartItem ();
};

Then save, and you will have to compile the source again to make a new qwprogs.dat file.

NOTE: This was adjusted for FODFFA, and make sure you keep a backup of the original qwprogs.dat incase you want to enable quad again.
2010-05-18, 19:55
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Is there a good reason as to why KTX won't support FFA in a similar way? I think it supports FFA, but only in a kind of match mode? Or why isn't it used?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2010-05-18, 20:14
370 posts

Mar 2008
Ake Vader wrote:
Is there a good reason as to why KTX won't support FFA in a similar way? I think it supports FFA, but only in a kind of match mode? Or why isn't it used?

This is exactly why I started to use FODFFA.

The KTX "Matchless" mode is a bit buggy, It makes the server unstable with random lag spikes and abnormal ping (Someone else confirmed the same thing).

I think Renzo wanted to add more things into it but there is really no drive to do so. The MVDSV is at it's final I believe...

And as for FODFFA, it works fine. Straight Quake'n FFA .
2010-05-18, 20:21
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Darin wrote:
The KTX "Matchless" mode is a bit buggy, It makes the server unstable with random lag spikes and abnormal ping (Someone else confirmed the same thing).

There are no such bugs that we are aware of, I've run KTX FFA in the past and it never borked this way.

Darin wrote:
I think Renzo wanted to add more things into it but there is really no drive to do so. The MVDSV is at it's final I believe...

MVDSV has nothing to do with KTX FFA modes (matchless or not). However we had planned something like choosing available powerups etc via bitmask, but never got that far.

EDIT: Just to make sure, I've enabled QWFI Large FFA on quakeworld.fi:27500
Servers: Troopers
  15 posts on 1 page  1