User panel stuff on forum
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2010-05-04, 09:16
100 posts

Apr 2008
hiya, i use e as switch between shaft and rocket but with the current alias script someone on #ezquake helped me with i still have some major problems. the script is below, and the problems are listed below that. needing some help on this as want e to alternate between rocket and shaft, with no problems when picking up weapons or changing between weapons etc. alias is below, problems below that. any assistance would be great. will try and be in #ezquake 4-8pm (central europe time) most of this week if someone can help me wit this.

alias _rl "if $rockets < 1 then impulse 8 else impulse 7 6 5 3 4 2"
alias f_took "if $tp_name_rl isin $weapons then _rl else impulse 8 6 5 2 3 4"
alias switchingweapons "if $weaponnum == 7 then weapon 8 elseif $weaponnum == 8 then weapon 7 else weapon 7"
alias switchlg "if $rockets > 0 then weapon 87 elseif $cells > 0 then weapon 8 else weapon 5321"
alias switchrl "if $cells > 0 then weapon 78 elseif $rockets > 0 then weapon 7 else weapon 5321"
tp_took "pack rockets"

problems:
if i go to boomstick i cant go back to shaft with e unless i have a rocket

cant go back to shaft from grenade , need to have rocket to press it twice to get to it

if i pickup a shaft pack and press e no shaft

if i run out of shaft, when i pickup shaft ammo i cant get back to shaft

when i only have shaft i pickup rocket pack it doesnt go to rocket auto

after i kill them with shaft it goes straight to rocket

please help! cheers
2010-05-04, 10:31
133 posts

Dec 2008
I didn`t get the idea behind this alias:

alias switchlg "if $rockets > 0 then weapon 87 elseif $cells > 0 then weapon 8 else weapon 5321"

why not to use just alias switchlg "weapon 8 7 5 3 2 1". (i always used impulses).
2010-05-04, 10:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
alias lgrl_main "if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt && $qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_both else if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_rl else if ($qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_lg else lgrl_none"

alias lgrl_both "if ($weaponnum == 8) then weapon 7 else weapon 8"
alias lgrl_rl "weapon 7"
alias lgrl_lg "weapon 8"
alias lgrl_none ""

bind e lgrl_main

This won't work under ruleset smackdown, I need to think if removing $weapons from teamplay protected macros is a good idea. I think it was already requested by someone.
Also I don't think it's exactly what you want as I don't really know what you want But basically when you press e it will execute one of the four both/lg/rl/none aliases depending on which weapons you carry in that moment. And there you can see/edit for yourself what will happen.
2010-05-04, 11:08
462 posts

Jan 2006
I requested it. The problem was that there isn't an optimal way to implement weapon specific settings without it.
2010-05-04, 11:34
61 posts

Sep 2009
Just looking at your scripts it seems that it is way too complicated. I think almost anything you would want could be realized pretty easily.. Why don't you just clearly state what you want for each button?
2010-05-04, 12:53
59 posts

Mar 2010
Ok here is the normal way to do switching between LG and RL with key "E"
While also being able to shoot with weapons 6-1

// alias to change between RL bind and LG bind with key "E"

alias weps1 "bind mouse1 +rockz1;bind e weps2"
alias weps2 "bind mouse1 +lgz1;bind e weps1"
bind e "weps1"

// RL and LG aliases
alias +rockz1 "weapon 7 6 5 4 3 2 1; +attack"
alias -rockz1 "weapon 2;-attack"

alias +lgz1 "weapon 8 6 5 4 3 2 1; +attack"
alias -lgz1 "weapon 2;-attack"

b_switch 1 // Highest weapon to get picked up to your hand from backpack (choose between weapons 1-8)
w_switch 1 // Highest weapon to get picked up to your hand from weapon (choose between weapons 1-8)

If you use R_DRAWVIEWMODEL 1 (visible weapon) and want to see what weapon you can fire,
then you should use these weapon aliases instead:

alias weps1 "weapon 7 6 5 4 3 2 1;bind mouse1 +rockz1;bind e weps2"
alias weps2 "weapon 8 6 5 4 3 2 1;bind mouse1 +lgz1;bind e weps1"
bind e "weps1"

+ Then you should probably remove the "weapon2" from -attack aliases to see the highest weapon all the time.

You could also change the crosshairtype or color when you switch between RL / LG.

Otherwise you could do "echo -------- LG ---------" etc to see what bind you are using :E

btw. In my opinion it's a lot better to have 2 changekeys or do 2 autoattack binds for different keys.

edit: ah dunno WTF do you want with the binds? after reading those weird picking up ammo stuff :| But anyway with this it's always the whatever weapon is chosen before you lose any ammo etc(so you don't need to change it again to be able to shoot it after picking up more ammo).
2010-05-04, 16:23
100 posts

Apr 2008
ok neither of them worked, the first by johnny_cz doesnt change to the gun i pickup, and the second is totally strange and doesnt work at all, doesnt auto change to rocket if i pick it up, and doesnt auto change to shaft if i pick it up, i have to press the e before i can shoot.

i want e to switch between rocket and shaft, also want auto pickup like normal but want rocket as the preference, so it changes to shaft if i pickitup without anything but if i have rocket it doesnt change to shaft.

i dont know why both of them keep staying on boomstick unless i shoot. i dont want that. i just want a weapon switch between rocket and shaft.
2010-05-04, 16:30
59 posts

Mar 2010
Impossible to do that weird pickup thing you want.

w_switch 1-8 (The best weapon to go in your hand when you pick it up. If its "w_switch 7" then LG wont go in to your hand, only RL)
b_switch 1-8 (same for backpack pickup)

If you only want the switch between the 2 weapons(and the rest if you dont have either of them), then use this:

alias wepz1 "weapon 7 6 5 4 3 2 1;bind e wepz2"
alias wepz2 "weapon 8 6 5 4 3 2 1;bind e wepz1"

bind e "wepz1"
2010-05-04, 17:41
100 posts

Apr 2008
doesnt auto change to shaft if i dont have rocket when i pick it up
when w_switch and b_switch are set to 7

also when going from any weapon to e i want it to go to rocket first unless i dont have rocket
2010-05-04, 17:42
100 posts

Apr 2008
the above alias, the first posted, went to rocket first from grenade when pressing e, but if i didnt have rocket, it could never go to shaft, it just said no weapon
2010-05-04, 18:49
59 posts

Mar 2010
yeah sure. is it too hard to use like 2 buttons instead? and always preselect whichever you are going to fire. or do an autoattack alias (then you dont even need +attack button wow!).

ofcourse w_switch 7 changes as highest to RL... I've explained it 2 times already. w_switch 8 changes as highest to LG etc.
2010-05-04, 20:59
518 posts

Jan 2006
Here is your fix krohm

alias switchingweapons "if $weaponnum < 8 then weapon 8 else if $weaponnum == 8 then weapon 7 else weapon 7"
alias f_took "if $tp_name_rl isin $weapons then check_rl else if $tp_name_lg isin $weapons then check_lg else $qt$qt"

alias check_rl "if $rockets > 0 then pick_rl else check_Lg"
alias pick_rl "weapon 7 6 5 3 2 4"

alias check_lg "if $cells > 0 then pick_lg"
alias pick_lg "weapon 8 5 3 2 4"
2010-05-05, 03:14
252 posts

Dec 2006
Why all this checking of ammo? you cant switch to an empty weapon anyhow!
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2010-05-05, 03:24
401 posts

Mar 2006
Runamok.foe wrote:
Why all this checking of ammo? you cant switch to an empty weapon anyhow!

He needs to change his entire setup. Have you seen it? Its the weirdest shit ever. Mouse2 +forward, w - jump
2010-05-05, 05:19
401 posts

Mar 2006
Here is my suggestion.

Use your left thumb to change between lg and rl on alt and space. This way you will always have your fingers on left and right strafe keys. MOUSE4 or 3 can be GL.
2010-05-05, 08:57
100 posts

Apr 2008
these two tragic figures follow me round on everypost, adding useless information.

no good murdoc, if i run out of shaft, it auto goes to boomstick and if i press e it wont go to rocket, sais out of ammo.

also, i need it to go from grenade or any other weapon to rocket straight away when pressing e, not going to shaft first, so rocket is the primary first choice when pressing e, so if i pickup grenade fire a few and press e i need it to go straight to rocket. that was the major problem with the first alias. when i had that setup, the rocket as first preference when pressing e, when i had no rockets left it wouldnt go to shaft said i was out of ammo trying to go to shaft. so that first alias has that setup just didnt work properly.

i realise this is a complicated request so thanks for taking the time to try and help me with it. hopefully we can get there
2010-05-05, 09:01
1435 posts

Jan 2006
alias lgrl_main "if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt && $qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_both else if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_rl else if ($qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_lg else lgrl_none"

alias lgrl_both "if ($weaponnum == 7) then weapon 8 else weapon 7"
alias lgrl_rl "weapon 7"
alias lgrl_lg "weapon 8"
alias lgrl_none ""

bind e lgrl_main
w_switch 8
b_switch 8
2010-05-06, 08:13
100 posts

Apr 2008
wow almost, a lot closer, still a couple of problems as with the original alias...

it did fix these problems:
-if i pickup a shaft pack and press e i now HAVE shaft
-when i pickup a rocket pack it DOES auto go to rocket now, unless i have shaft then it doesnt

primarily the problem with the above is the same as the original alias
- if i go to any other weapon cant go back to shaft unless i have a rocket

also it has created these problems
- doesnt pickup shaft when have no weapons
- also if i have shaft doesnt auto change to rocket when picking it up
2010-05-06, 08:33
100 posts

Apr 2008
oops i had w_switch 7 still on not 8

when changing the alias above to w_switch 8 this is what happens

- when i pickup rocket doesnt auto change to rocket

- if i go to any other weapon cant go back to shaft unless i have a rocket

- if i pickup a shaft pack and press e no shaft

- when i only have shaft if i pickup rocket pack it doesnt go to rocket auto

- when i only have shaft if i pickup grenade it auto goes to grenade

problems fixed:

- after i kill them with shaft it now DOESNT go straight to rocket
2010-05-06, 08:35
100 posts

Apr 2008
problem with weapon switch 7 and 8 set with this alias is if i go to any other weapon i cant go back to shaft cause it tries to go back to rocket first, wont go to the 2nd option
this among other problems of auto changing to rocket when picking it up etc
2010-05-06, 08:36
1435 posts

Jan 2006

alias lgrl_both "if ($weaponnum == 7) then weapon 8 7 else weapon 7 8"
alias lgrl_rl "weapon 7 8"
alias lgrl_lg "weapon 8 7"
alias lgrl_none ""

bind e lgrl_main
w_switch 8
b_switch 8

Not sure if auto switch to RL after picking up RL while having LG can be solved, maybe via f_took or smth.
2010-05-06, 10:47
100 posts

Apr 2008
thats the least of the problems, ill try the new alias now
2010-05-06, 11:00
100 posts

Apr 2008
ok the alias fixes the problem of if i go to any other weapon cant go back to shaft unless i have a rocket

but if i have rocket it auto changes to shaft when picking it up, i want it to stay on rocket, rocket as primary, but if above alias with w_switch 7 and
b_switch 7 then it doesnt auto pickup shaft...

?
2010-05-09, 14:28
100 posts

Apr 2008
can this be advanced any further? the wbswitch 7 doesnt give me shaft and wbswitch 8 doesnt give me rocket if i pick it up, ....
2010-05-09, 14:32
386 posts

Apr 2006
Without having time to test its viability, is this what you're looking for?

alias lgrl_rl "weapon 7 8;w_switch 7;b_switch 7"
alias lgrl_lg "weapon 8 7;w_switch 8;b_switch 8"
alias lgrl_none ""

bind e lgrl_main
w_switch 8
b_switch 8
2010-05-09, 16:38
100 posts

Apr 2008
na same problem as above it doesnt auto change to rocket when i have shaft, allows me to go back and forth though
also changes to shaft when running over it if i have rocket, want rocket as primary

need w_switch and b_switch to be 7 ... ??

and still be able to switch to shaft when going from one weapon to e, if i dont have ,. easier said then done at this point
2010-05-10, 13:51
100 posts

Apr 2008
can i get some more help here, it wont auto change to rocket and shaft when i play dm4 and i keep getting fcked over because of it. can someone assist further, or arrange to help me work through this on irc.. ill be on over the next few days hopefully someone can try and sort this
each way you do the alias either i cant change back to shaft if im out of rocket, or it wont auto pickup rocket or shaft, or it auto changes to shaft, please help!!!......
2010-05-14, 18:19
100 posts

Apr 2008
murdoc has solved the alias issue, can now switch between rocket and shaft with e and it auto picks up rocket as primary and doesnt change to shaft, alias is below,

cheers murdoc, legend

alias f_took "if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt && $qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then weapon 7 8 else if ($qt$tp_name_rl$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_rl else if ($qt$tp_name_lg$qt isin $qt$weapons$qt) then lgrl_lg else lgrl_none"
alias lgrl_rl "weapon 7 8"
alias lgrl_lg "weapon 8 7"
alias lgrl_none ""
bind e lgrl_main
w_switch 8
b_switch 7
2010-05-14, 18:21
370 posts

Mar 2008
murdoc is thy god.
2010-05-15, 16:53
685 posts

Jul 2007
Is there a solution yet to solve the 'stuck weapon' problem? I remember reading a topic about it before.... When I wanna switch between RL and LG I usually have the problem that the last used weapon is 'stuck' so I keep firing with that weapon. This happens especially when switching from RL to LG, but I also sometimes have the problem that I keep firing, no matter what gun I'm using. I then have to press fire button again for it to stop. This is a pain in the ass @ crucial moments.
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page