User panel stuff on forum
  14 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2010-02-18, 09:03
51 posts

Nov 2006
hey guys as many of you probably know the sc2 beta has launched yesterday. i know there are alot of QWers who are quite the sc1 nerds already and so am i...
the problem is i dont have an invitation ;(
so if anyone of you somehow got an invite/key/whatever that he doesnt really need and is willing to do a good thing to a fellow QWer , please contact me!
id do some account sharing aswell. you play whenever you want , i play the rest id even do a small donation deal with you (meaning EURO/DOLLAR!!!!).
im a trusted member of the community. many people know me in person. so there will be no ripping off or whatever and please spare me the fake/joke answers. trusted/known members only! get in touch with me on irc #ibh or #qw.ger.
aaaaaaaaaargh i want that game NAOW!
and for those of you who are lucky enough to be playing the beta already: how is it compared to sc1? and are you going to go into competetive sc2 gaming? i want opinions from real gamers(quakerworld freaks)...

btw: hf/gl in ownage3!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2010-02-18, 09:05
705 posts

Feb 2006
hehe good luck getting a free key, they go for about 300/500$ on ebay
2010-02-18, 09:22
51 posts

Nov 2006
yea i know but i have faith in the total awesomeness of the QW community!
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2010-02-18, 09:59
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
poker+wow+sc2 kills qw!
Chosen
2010-02-18, 18:55
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
i agree, gief :X
2010-02-19, 18:31
133 posts

Sep 2007
Hooraytio wrote:
poker+wow+sc2 kills qw!

+ql I think.
I've seen a few qw players playing QL, while they don't play qw anymore.
Sailorman, mille and some guy from morituri. Actually a few more, but I can't remember their names. Just met them in random pub games.
2010-02-19, 22:40
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Kwibus wrote:
+ql I think.

I would say just the opposite, I don't believe that QL is bad for QW. Yes there might be some former QW players who are playing QL, but if they weren't playing QL they might not be playing anything at all, or they might be playing some random non deathmatch game.

I see QL as a big help actually, it has put back focus on the deathmatch genre, it has made it back into the big tournaments, and it's getting covered by the big eSports sites. It might not directly make people play QW, but it's a lot better to have new players get into deathmatch/fast paced shooters than the trend of wow, dota, cs:s of the past few years.

It's a lot easier for us to make a QL player, who knows the deathmatch game, interested in qw - compared to a 15 year old cs:s/dota player. I also see that QL players show interest in QW, they might not all be interested enough to play, but at least watching it and discussing the top players/teams is a big step.

Gaming scenes, certainly the competitive side survive on the interest shown by the community, and I feel that the QL scene contributes to QW in that way.
2010-02-20, 19:02
705 posts

Feb 2006
If Ql wasn't released they might be playing qw still and not QL?
and having a 'similar' game they prefer to qw isn't a good thing, no?
2010-02-21, 01:13
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
ruskie wrote:
If Ql wasn't released they might be playing qw still and not QL?
and having a 'similar' game they prefer to qw isn't a good thing, no?

Zalon wrote:
Yes there might be some former QW players who are playing QL, but if they weren't playing QL they might not be playing anything at all, or they might be playing some random non deathmatch game.

As I've already said, I consider it a bigger possibility that they either wouldn't be playing or be playing something else.
2010-03-05, 08:09
100 posts

Mar 2008
i played with the beta, zerg seems overpowered(roach?? bloodlord) for me, terran looks gay, but it will be a great game anyway. Check out this, starcraft lovers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8toFV3KKs0

2010-03-05, 12:49
51 posts

Nov 2006
yea everyone opted-in should check their bnet account. many invites have been sent out last night (especially to europe!). alot of people reported that they didnt get an email. the game was just added in their bnet account.
good luck everyone!
2010-03-05, 15:54
99 posts

Feb 2006
Hehe nice spoink, checked my battle.net acc coz of your post. Guess what
2010-03-06, 13:16
23 posts

Jan 2006
I got beta too, add me on b.net!
2010-03-06, 22:05
45 posts

Oct 2009
Kwibus wrote:

+ql I think.

-----------------------------

I raged so hard at QL last October that I started QW. True story. I even wrote a massive article about what sc/qw got right, and what ql needs to do and shit - 4000 words of rage =/.

I am also a bit of an sc nerd awaiting my invite, but I am engaged in some shady account sharing activity until that happens! :-E.
  14 posts on 1 page  1