User panel stuff on forum
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2010-02-18, 16:32
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
-6 ftw! I remember when i first realized i didn't use this value and figured out i actually could aim pixel-perfect now, but at the same time the forward rocket jumps felt really, really awkward in the beginning as i aimed too far away from me on the ground i think (or perhaps it was the other way around).
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2010-02-19, 18:28
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
niomic wrote:
Btw. If you really can't see the dm3 sng mh just by walking on the steps with -6, you should check your fov (or eyesight

I don't need to check my eyesight to know it's terrible (cataracts, no binocular vision)
I'm not saying I can't see the SNG mega with -6, just that it's easier with 0 when playing a game at full speed. I'm more likely to notice it in situations where I'm not specifically checking for it.
2010-02-19, 18:32
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
blixem wrote:
Interesting thread.

It might be important to mention that originally (before MQWCL?) almost everyone played with v_viewheight 4, because that was the default. There was no v_viewheight command to change. However, there was a way of changing it by using cl_bobcycle and cl_bob I think, but i'm not sure many people used it back then.

Most people I knew pre-MQWCL were playing with cl_bobcycle 0 which was the equivalent of v_viewheight 0 IIRC.
Viewheight 4 is just the most extreme height you can go to and some players choose that for various reasons - prefering the perspective, increased vision, less disturbance during shafting (especially for LGC).
2010-03-02, 21:09
29 posts

Jan 2009
Simple use both of it!

here a example for you:
alias +viewheigh "v_viewheight -7; fov 90"
alias -viewheigh "v_viewheight 4; fov 110"

bind mouse4 "+viewheigh"

greets.
2010-03-03, 14:13
459 posts

Mar 2008
Think switching viewheight depending on the situation has most potential indeed. I would do it opposite combined with an eventual zoom though, and use viewheight -6 instead of -7, like:

alias +viewheight "v_viewheight 4; fov 90"
alias -viewheight "v_viewheight -6; fov 110"

bind mouse4 "+viewheight"

since when you actually need to have a higher value of viewheight, you usually knows where your opponent is coming from and then its more reasonable to zoom as well.
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page