User panel stuff on forum
  31 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2010-01-13, 13:23
4 posts

Jan 2010
Hello!

I'd like to use a lower sensitivity when I switch to shaft and when I switch
back to another weapon I'd like to have the normal sensitivity.
But I have no clue on how the script is...

Thx
2010-01-13, 14:35
485 posts

Feb 2006
set .shaftsensfraction 0.666
set .defaultsens $sensitivity
set_calc .shaftsens $.defaultsens * $.shaftsensfraction
alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum = 8 then sensitivity $.shaftsens else sensitivity $.defaultsens"

f_weaponchange is a trigger. It gets executed every time you change weapon.
2010-01-13, 17:18
4 posts

Jan 2010
Thank you very much!
2010-01-13, 20:20
364 posts

Oct 2006
Some guys find their shaft becomes less sensitive due to excessive masturbation. Finding a girlfriend helps, but you'll need a bit of patience because it may take a while for your "weapon"'s sensitivity to get back to normal.
2010-04-21, 17:23
1 post

Apr 2010
Kalma wrote:
set .shaftsensfraction 0.666
set .defaultsens $sensitivity
set_calc .shaftsens $.defaultsens * $.shaftsensfraction
alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum = 8 then sensitivity $.shaftsens else sensitivity $.defaultsens"

f_weaponchange is a trigger. It gets executed every time you change weapon.

could you explain to me how exactly this works? im very intereste in this concept.
what is the variable you can change in order to change the sensitivity?
and, does everyone use this script in order to improve their shaft aim?
2010-04-21, 17:44
357 posts

Nov 2008
PhoOey: I know another (easier) way to do it,
alias +lg "sensitivity x; impulse 8; +attack"
alias -lg "sensitivity y; impulse 2; -attack"

You can add whatever you like inside, for example i use a different crosshair color for shafting (crosshaircolor xxx yyy zzz) and also r_drawviewmodel 0 with shaft and r_drawviewmodel 1 for everything else.

Edit: Assuming that you're using weapon script, if not, you could just do
bind <key> "sensitivity x; impulse 8" # LG bind
bind <key> "sensitivity y; impulse <weapon number>" # This setting for every other weapon

Quote:
does everyone use this script in order to improve their shaft aim?

Of course not
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2010-04-21, 19:57
462 posts

Jan 2006
I prefer the more simple method, because it restores the normal settings immediatly when you release the key and not only after the weapon changes back. The downside is that it will apply the shaft settings to any other weapon too that is in the same weapon alias.
2010-04-22, 00:48
485 posts

Feb 2006
Pho0ey wrote:
what is the variable you can change in order to change the sensitivity?

Cvar is sensitivity, change with command sensitivity, or in menu.
In the example shaft sensitivity would be 66.6% of sensitivity.

@blAze, I suppose you could add sensitivity $.defaultsens to all your -aliases.
2010-04-22, 06:56
462 posts

Jan 2006
Kalma wrote:

The problem with that is that quite often you accidentally double click your shaft alias, so that the -alias removes the settings, but the weapon didn't change so that when you press again, the f_weaponchange settings don't get executed. Unfortunately there still is no good solution to the weapon specific settings. I suggested allowing the use of weapon macros that can be used in teammessages for checking if you have lg and cells before applying lg settings in a normal weapon alias, but so far nothing.
2010-05-04, 17:55
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
Kalma wrote:

The problem with that is that quite often you accidentally double click your shaft alias, so that the -alias removes the settings, but the weapon didn't change so that when you press again, the f_weaponchange settings don't get executed. Unfortunately there still is no good solution to the weapon specific settings. I suggested allowing the use of weapon macros that can be used in teammessages for checking if you have lg and cells before applying lg settings in a normal weapon alias, but so far nothing.

Humm, I don't understand the problem, or maybe I've simply forgotten any problems I had when I used different lgsettings.

What I have:

alias +m1 "weapon 7 6 5 3 2 4; +attack"
alias -m1 "-Primary"
alias +m2 "weapon 8 5 3 2 4;+attacK"
alias -m2 "-Primary"
alias -Primary "weapon 2 1;-attack;rlsettings"

alias f_weaponchange "if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_lg$qt then fire_lg else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_sng$qtthen fire_ng else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_ng$qt then fire_ng else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_sg$qt then fire_sg else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_sg$qt then fire_sg else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_ssg$qt then fire_sg else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_rl$qt then fire_rl else if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_gl$qt then fire_rl else fire_sg"

alias fire_lg "lgsettings"
alias fire_rl "rlsettings"

alias lgsettings ""
alias rlsettings ""
2010-05-04, 18:57
462 posts

Jan 2006
The problem with f_weaponchange is that it doesn't restore your normal sensitivity immediatly when you release the shaft key, but only after the weapon changes. So when try to stop shafting and make a quick turn, you end up not turning, because for good half a second you still have your low lg sensitivity. It may seem that it's not a long time, but compared to binding the settings to a key instead of f_weaponchange alias the difference is very clear in practice.
2010-05-04, 22:47
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
The problem with f_weaponchange is that it doesn't restore your normal sensitivity immediatly when you release the shaft key, but only after the weapon changes. So when try to stop shafting and make a quick turn, you end up not turning, because for good half a second you still have your low lg sensitivity. It may seem that it's not a long time, but compared to binding the settings to a key instead of f_weaponchange alias the difference is very clear in practice.

But as you can clearly see, I'm falling back to normal settings with my weapon firing alias, not f_weaponchange? So as soon as I finish firing, I go to sg + rlsettings (normal).
2010-05-05, 05:38
462 posts

Jan 2006
Ok, but if you now double click your lg button, you will shaft without lg settings, because releasing the key will restore normal settings, but when u press fire again quickly the f_weaponchange won't get executed.
2010-05-05, 05:39
401 posts

Mar 2006
Blaze's setup is totally optimised for povdmm4. Low fov and sens for shaft only
2010-05-05, 16:36
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
Ok, but if you now double click your lg button, you will shaft without lg settings, because releasing the key will restore normal settings, but when u press fire again quickly the f_weaponchange won't get executed.

Now I remember having some weird experiences with this, but mostly during testing sessions because I don't usually triple click like that

One thing that's really weird is that even if you make a check execute after +attack, it will still get screwed up with triple click shooting. I really can't understand how that can be, except that there's something wrong in some internal constructs around 'attack'. There was another weird thing that could happen with +attack and changing weapons, don't remember exactly what it was but I certainly tested and confirmed it. AGAIN it had to do with LG. So maybe that's the key.

All in all, you are correct that you can mess it up due to a _bug_ (not a missing feature), but from my in game experiences outside of testing, this really hasn't been an issue with my setup. Nonetheless I would like to see it fixed
2010-05-05, 16:40
129 posts

Mar 2007
This thread could easily be discussion about penises.
2010-05-05, 18:42
462 posts

Jan 2006
Well often your opponent is wanking around the corner and you end up clicking the lg button quickly and have that problem. I don't unerstand what you mean by triple click, double click is enough and it's not a bug. When you bind lgsettings to f_weaponchange they will be enabled when your weapon changes to lg. When you release the key, the normal settings that are bound to key release event are immediatly restored. When you quickly click lg button a second time, nothing happens, because your weapon didn't have time to change and trigger f_weaponchange alias which would again enable lg settings.
2010-05-05, 18:44
386 posts

Apr 2006
At the risk of dragging this thread farther off topic with Driz, I would like to thank blAze for the finest, and most appropriate, typo I have ever had the privilege of seeing.
2010-05-06, 09:07
99 posts

Feb 2006
Haha have to agree with Stev Awesome
2010-05-06, 09:54
462 posts

Jan 2006
What are you talking about. Can not locate the typo. Wanking is intentional if that's what you mean.
2010-05-06, 10:02
61 posts

Sep 2009
I am looking for the typo but I found three possible ones

In response to the comment above blaze's (regarding the penises), talking about triple click and double click, where 'click' could be read as 'dick' (cl looks like a 'd' here), is pretty funny.

"unerstand" is a real typo but I don't know what is funny about it and perhaps "wanking" instead of "waiting" is another one, although I think he really meant wanking.

Enlighten us, Stev and mawe

EDIT: found another typo : "immediatly" but it's not funny either
2010-05-06, 12:48
386 posts

Apr 2006
It's not nearly as funny if it's intentional. ;/
2010-05-06, 12:58
462 posts

Jan 2006
Only proper wanking can cause you to be clicking lg.
2010-05-06, 16:50
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
Well often your opponent is wanking around the corner and you end up clicking the lg button quickly and have that problem. I don't unerstand what you mean by triple click, double click is enough and it's not a bug. When you bind lgsettings to f_weaponchange they will be enabled when your weapon changes to lg. When you release the key, the normal settings that are bound to key release event are immediatly restored. When you quickly click lg button a second time, nothing happens, because your weapon didn't have time to change and trigger f_weaponchange alias which would again enable lg settings.

It is a bug, because I couldn't get it to work even if I had the same check done after I +attack again with lg. As in I made a copy of the f_weaponchange alias and executed that in all sorts of different phazes with my +m2 alias. And I just thought of a reason for this If f_weaponchange(or similar inner construct) is also responsible for changing the weapon value, then that's a very simple explanation, since I'm only checking that value. This is curious because I also looked at my LG hud icon to see if that got activated correctly every time I didn't get the right settings set, and yes, it did.

So, now we just have to find something that actually changes correctly with the weapon all the time and check for that. Dunno if I have time for any useless (for me) config oddity searching tonight, but blAze, be my guest

I'm in this out of pure curiosity.
2010-05-06, 17:45
462 posts

Jan 2006
I'm afraid I wasn't able to follow your explanation there. What same check?
2010-05-06, 19:29
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
I'm afraid I wasn't able to follow your explanation there. What same check?

In my script I'm checking the variable weapon that doesn't seem to get updated, so I'm assuming that it's being triggered internally by f_weaponchange or another similar function.

In other words, I disabled f_weaponchange and added the exact same checking to my +m2 alias and set it to be executed before the weapon command, before the +attack command and as the very last item in the alias. None of this helped.
2010-05-06, 20:38
462 posts

Jan 2006
Maybe the commands are asynchronous so that it's not guaranteed they get executed in the order you put them and actually changing the weapon always takes more time than checking the $weapon?
2010-05-06, 21:34
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
Maybe the commands are asynchronous so that it's not guaranteed they get executed in the order you put them and actually changing the weapon always takes more time than checking the $weapon?

Well, now I have a working model and it only required a few little changes. Enjoy

This has been edited due to a bug I spotted in my implementation, please read again if you read it before the correction. I didn't notice the bug at first because I have r_drawviewmodel 0. But I did think of it before anybody pointed it out

The key changes were:
- cl_weaponpreselect 1
- cl_weaponhide 1
- add f_weaponchange (or a new custom alias) to the end of your shooting alias

cl_weaponpreselect "1"
cl_weaponhide "1"

alias +m2 "weapon 8 5 3 2 4;+attack;f_weaponchange"
alias -m2 "-attack;-Primary"
alias -Primary "weapon 2 1;-attack;rlsettings"

alias f_weaponchange "if $qt_$weapon$qt = $qt_$tp_name_lg$qt lgsettings else rlsettings"

alias lgsettings "fov 100"
alias rlsettings "fov 120"
2010-05-07, 05:40
462 posts

Jan 2006
I tested this quickly and it really seems to work as intended, so good work there nio. This is the optimal lg alias.
2010-05-07, 15:09
284 posts

Oct 2006
blAze wrote:
I tested this quickly and it really seems to work as intended, so good work there nio. This is the optimal lg alias.

It's good to hear since I skipped reading for my exam to get this done. But what do you know, I received 100% score in the exam ;D

As blAze pointed out to me in irc, there is one stupid duplication in my config due to some legacy stuff I haven't updated (no fun cleaning up old shit compared to finding fixes to problems . So if you copy directly, feel free to remove the -attack from -m2 Or if you wish, remove -Primary.
  31 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page