User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2009-09-08, 02:50
5 posts

Sep 2009
Well I guess I might as well post in here first! My name is Brad, I've been playing quake on and off since the shareware release in 96, also followed the magazine coverage of the qtest but never played it as the internet in Australia at the time wasn't really mainstream (and at the time cost about $4 per hour of use!) and 14k modems were the in thing at the time! For a lot of the younger peeps here - these were also the days of coax networking! Which because of internet prices is how we played, also because I was from a smaller town we usually only had up to 4 players at a time until we found the joy of bots!... and KillerQuake

Used to also do a lot of 1 on 1 modem play.

Quake has always been what I consider my introduction to real gaming - I guess it is probably more so that quake revolutionized the industry and changed how everything is done today (in terms of accessibility and user content), but did also love ID's previous games; Wolf3D, Doom, etc. - I will also add that I have not enjoyed anything they have done since quake as much as the original.

Quake also had the Cthulhu influences which is undoubtedly one of the things that made it so f*%@in unique!

I used to also do a lot of level design (none of which got released - again because of the internet thing)

My all time favourite mods/packs would be Slide, KQP, Painkeep & Zer (there is probably tonnes of others but them 4 come straight to mind when I think quake mods)

Anyway! On other things - In my spare time I also dabble in sound and music design, part time DJ at an Industrial/EBM club, do photography, I also enjoy horror and sci-fi movies.

Thats it for now!

Cheers
BRAD
2009-09-08, 08:17
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Welcome to the Quakeworld.nu forum!

Good idea with an introduction thread, i hope more people follow your example in this thread.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-10-11, 20:54
50 posts

Oct 2009
Hello everyone!

Lik Dj.pandemic I've been playing various Quakes on and off since 1999. I used to play the original Quake a long time ago, but only with bots. I never really got a chance to play QW properly as I owned a dial-up modem and had to suffer through 300+ pings. I could only play with my friends on LAN, but they preferred Quake 2.

Recently I decided that I would like to play a fast online shooter whose development is more or less complete and I thought that QW might just be it. I'll give it a try
2009-10-11, 21:25
357 posts

Nov 2008
Who say qw is dead? Welcome both, hope you to have some fun games here, and not much frustration ^_^
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
  4 posts on 1 page  1