User panel stuff on forum
  63 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2009-06-25, 11:28
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
In this useless thread i thought we could start listing features related to Quakeworld (either the client itself, the community or whatever you can come up with that is at least doable) that you would like to see that is not present (or not good enough) at the moment. Brainstorm away!

I'm starting out with a classic suggestion:

A comprehensive map archive like the old maps.quakeworld.nu

Summary (bold = done!)
- Maps.quakeworld.nu (Åke Vader) (Thanks Zalon, now go add those maps, people!)
- Kenya collective tournaments (Ruskie)
- a new website for quakeworld.nu (Bps)
- a new logo for quakeworld.nu (Bps)
- a new website for eql (Bps)
- a new logo for eql (Bps made a logo a few weeks ago: http://blaps.se/qw/eql/eql_logos2.jpg) (Bps)
- A working clan arena league (Darff)
- An archive of all the demos that have commentary to go along (Darff)
- Make commentated games available on videos.quakeworld.nu (Andeh)
- The possibility to enabled prewar-kill-mode (time!)
- Video with "Match of the week" (Andeh)
- Strategy/Tactics forum (time!)
- A "league council" that coordinate their leagues on a yearly basis (nix)
- A tournament which tries fraglimit instead of timelimit (mushi)
- Full .md3 model support, and electro's player model! (Runamoek.foe)
- Movement prediction through teleporters, and explosion knockback physics prediction (rj prediction). (Runamoek.foe)
- Pixel shading lightning (steal this from q3?), higher resolution lightmaps (no jagged blotchy shadows). (Runamoek.foe)
- Better particle effects that don't require a super computer to maintain fps. (Runamoek.foe)
- 'Shadows' under player's feet (black circle). (Runamoek.foe)
- Getting Quakeworld to grow in high density areas like Asia (Runamoek.foe)
- "Quakeworld live" (Runamoek.foe)
- A way to record sound and images at the same time, much like q3mme's "\capture" function. (Turboturtle)
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-06-25, 11:29
705 posts

Feb 2006
bring the kenya collective back, it was loads of fun. weekly tourneys!
2009-06-25, 11:57
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
* a new website/logo for quakeworld.nu
* a new website/logo for eql (I did a logo a few weeks ago: http://blaps.se/qw/eql/eql_logos2.jpg)
Join us on discord.quake.world
2009-06-25, 12:00
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
A working Clan Arena league...

The ability to enable monsters and start playing coop on single player maps when waiting for a 4th to play a 2on2 or whatever. New single player maps here would be a bonus.

A full archive of all the demos which have commentary to go alongside.
2009-06-25, 12:45
401 posts

Mar 2006
Double jumps and ability to maintain speed thru teles. Probably add something else I can't remember right now. Something like yawnmode I guess. Its the reason why cpm3 games in cpm are so much faster. So yeah steal few things here and there from cpm would be good for qw I reckon.
2009-06-25, 12:46
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Darff wrote:
The ability to enable monsters and start playing coop on single player maps when waiting for a 4th to play a 2on2 or whatever.

Old, dated 27/06/2008 02:19 on KTX, which means it has been there since 1.35 release.

terrorhead wrote:
Double jumps and ability to maintain speed thru teles.

No thanks.
Servers: Troopers
2009-06-25, 12:59
357 posts

Nov 2008
- Command to enable "killing on prewar" wich means you start with full armor + weapons + ammo and you can kill your opponents in prewar, like dmm4 or ca, would be fun just while waiting for players, play some ffa dmm4. (like in cpm)
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2009-06-25, 13:10
125 posts

Jan 2008
time! wrote:
- Command to enable "killing on prewar" wich means you start with full armor + weapons + ammo and you can kill your opponents in prewar, like dmm4 or ca, would be fun just while waiting for players, play some ffa dmm4. (like in cpm)

Like quake3 in general.
This however has a downside of people fooling around in prewar even more instead of readying up.
2009-06-25, 13:12
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
A pack with commentaried games all gathered in one place so that we don't have to search for them! Make them available in HD perhaps in videos.quakeworld.nu? Commentaried games are the funniest to watch, so if they were available there... yummy <3

Perhaps one video which would be the "match of the week" (a temporary video that changes every week, to show the activity and to have the chance to see one of the better games for the week). Those things would be real nice if you ask me!

Gameplaywise - doublejumps on stairs and stuff... Nah, that would make QW like CPMA, and I've been down that road, the gameplay is flawless =)

<3 andeh

ADD: A way to do this is easy. Any admin either catches a good game (perhaps Locust vs LocKtar or whatever) on qtv and joins to save the demo, or perhaps just do a /dlist or /lastscores once every day to see which games have been played and watch for whatever you think seem to be interesting. Shouldn't be too much of work, I don't know how much work is required for them to be shown at videos.quakeworld.nu though
2009-06-25, 13:19
132 posts

Mar 2006
Balanced weapons, SSG with only 56 point of damage and giant spread is nonsense! Also nails should be more powerful (ng/sng = 12/24) and faster (at least equals to RL).
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2009-06-25, 13:26
357 posts

Nov 2008
riosatiy: yeh, but what if we do votecommand? would be nice imo

AAS: no?
2009-06-25, 13:37
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
riosatiy wrote:
time! wrote:

Like quake3 in general.
This however has a downside of people fooling around in prewar even more instead of readying up.

That's something i experienced as a drawback in Q3 too. :\

In QW we got idlebot though which will get you kicked unless you ready up, so perhaps it works better here?
2009-06-25, 13:44
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Although it's a wishlist, i'd like to see wishes that are at least remotely doable. Changes to the core QW gameplay is not very likely to happen in the standard Quakeworld mod, and as "noone" plays any other mod, those requests are semi-redundant.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, it's just that those gameplay discussions tend to make the threads go offtopics fairly quick...
2009-06-25, 13:46
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
Hey din iggare!! What about my wish =(
2009-06-25, 13:52
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Andeh wrote:
A pack with commentaried games all gathered in one place so that we don't have to search for them! Make them available in HD perhaps in videos.quakeworld.nu? Commentaried games are the funniest to watch, so if they were available there... yummy <3

Sounds like something for challenge-tv? Are commentated games uploaded there already? If they are, then a feature where it was possible to flag and filter on games with included commentary is the only thing needed.

You just have to fondle Phil's balls a bit i bet!
2009-06-25, 13:53
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
bps wrote:
* a new website/logo for quakeworld.nu
* a new website/logo for eql (I did a logo a few weeks ago: http://blaps.se/qw/eql/eql_logos2.jpg)

That's hot, looks like something that can be "branded" and recognised.

Edit: I think i'll sum up the requests in my first post tonight, to make it easy peasy to read for people who are looking for something to do
2009-06-25, 13:56
357 posts

Nov 2008
+ strategic/tactics threads in qw.nu forum
2009-06-25, 14:05
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
time! wrote:

I think I'll add a complete forum for such stuff tonight (unless i receive protests :p). This has been in my mind for a long while actually.
2009-06-25, 14:16
253 posts

Nov 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
time! wrote:

I think I'll add a complete forum for such stuff tonight (unless i receive protests :p). This has been in my mind for a long while actually.

\o/ maybe time to return
cheat 2 win!
2009-06-25, 14:45
229 posts

Aug 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
time! wrote:

This seems interesting.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2009-06-25, 15:11
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
More people willing to contribute
2009-06-25, 15:14
357 posts

Nov 2008
Wonder i can write something but i suck yet. Hmm unless i write what i do, or think is a good move, so good players read it and tell me how bad that move is, why, and how to improve
2009-06-25, 15:24
133 posts

Sep 2007
1. Most importantly, no gameplay changes. That's a message to the people who want to change gameplay. This is qw.. not cpm.. :-)
2. I love you guys. Always working on improving this game. If it weren't for you the game would've been dead, but with all the comitted people and the ezquake coders (and the previous clients) this game is still rocking.
3. I don't have anything for the wishlist... yet
2009-06-25, 16:16
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
time! wrote:

You can now go and discuss how to master this game in the new forum. I'd like to have some stickied topics with guidelines on the most common modes (1on1, 2on2, 4on4 deathmatch) but i think i'll wait until there is enough content to gather info from.
2009-06-25, 16:32
188 posts

May 2007
Something like a league council. It would be cool if all admins of QWDL, EQL, (NQR), Fusion, QNC and Phil with his mini tournaments could publish a tournament schedule for the year. Lets say we start with a QWDL season, 2 weeks break, then EQL, then maybe have some funcups (admins of those should meet with the coucnil at the beginning of the year) QWDL season, NQR, QNC, Fusion and in between phil's minitournaments. So players who prefer 4on4 dont sign up for qwdl just to find out that EQL starts midseason and they drop from QWDL in favor of EQL. I know this takes a lot of spontanity away, but in general I think it has more pros then cons.
2009-06-25, 16:46
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Because it's not like we don't already do plan tournaments together?

The problem with a yearly schedule would be that when we plan it, everything is good, but then later when people are supposed to organize their league, half of them are gone.

For past EQL seasons (those I've been involved in) I've planned it with soma when we should start/end and when they should.
2009-06-25, 17:14
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
I've updated my main post with things that are possible and worthwhile to pull off from this thread. I left out gameplay requests (motivation in my other post...) and "more people willing to contribute" (although i really want that too, but it's not very measurable ).

And remember, the smaller the wish, the more likely it is for it to become a reality. Don't let that stop you from brainstorming though. .)
2009-06-26, 13:40
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
We need more wishes please! It's friday - i bet you all can come up with some awesome stuff while having that after work beer.
2009-06-26, 15:29
357 posts

Nov 2008
+ Bring more players to quakeworld
|->how?
|->dunno, more lans, promote qw in gamewebs, making a time-machine so we can travel to the past and give people "the newest fps ever, 3d, full movements, lots of weapons....", etc
2009-06-26, 18:20
1100 posts

Jan 2006
kenya tournaments!

maps.qw.nu, eh. It's almost done! ...
  63 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page