User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2009-05-20, 08:53
55 posts

Jul 2006
I have a Logitech Mouseman 97 using Logitech Mouseware 9.73.. yeah, laugh it up . Running Windows XP SP3 and the latest EZQuake.

I have the middle button binded to "Middle button" and the thum button binded to "CTRL". When pressing the thumb button in QW a little box saying "CTRL" pop's up on top of the systray - and it's also visible in QW, so it makes a little "break" in the game where I can't move for a second.

Any of you know if I can disable this feature in Mouseware - for example via the registry? Or make QW run fullscreen mode somehow so it ignores what's happening in Windows?
2009-05-20, 15:31
55 posts

Jul 2006
Here's a screenshot of the systray when pressing the thumb button:

http://sivan.dk/fun/systray.JPG
2009-05-20, 15:34
364 posts

Oct 2006
Try uninstalling MouseWare and using standard Windows drivers. This has always worked wonderfully for me.
2009-05-20, 15:46
55 posts

Jul 2006
Tonik wrote:
Try uninstalling MouseWare and using standard Windows drivers. This has always worked wonderfully for me.

The standward Windows drivers does not detect the thumb button, and I am therefore not able to bind it and use it in QW.
2009-05-20, 15:48
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Or you could actually set the mouse button for "unassigned" in the mouseware options box. The other solution would be to bind control in ezQuake (unless you have something there already) so that when you push that thumb button it would actually register as control.
Servers: Troopers
2009-05-20, 16:04
55 posts

Jul 2006
Renzo wrote:
Or you could actually set the mouse button for "unassigned" in the mouseware options box. The other solution would be to bind control in ezQuake (unless you have something there already) so that when you push that thumb button it would actually register as control.

Can you clarify, please?

If I set the mouse button to 'Unassigned' in the Mouseware properties, then what? I mean, then the button obviously does nothing.

The bind works in QW when I register the mouse button as 'CTRL' in the Mouseware properties.. that is not the problem.
2009-05-20, 21:17
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Kemo wrote:
Can you clarify, please?

If I set the mouse button to 'Unassigned' in the Mouseware properties, then what? I mean, then the button obviously does nothing.

It's been a long, long time since I last time used mouseware (9.73 probably?). But back then setting "unassigned" meant pretty much the same as "OS implementation". I think there was another option like "default mouse x button" that made the "alias" been set by mouseware ignored.

But that's a long time ago, and I was using W98 and later W2k, so my memory might fail me. Anyway there should be a bind in the mouseware that removes the normal alias (in your case control bind) and the button works as if it was using windows default drivers.

You could try killing em_exec (the mouseware runtime) through task manager too and see afterwards if that does anything when you push mouse4.
Servers: Troopers
2009-05-20, 23:28
202 posts

Dec 2006
Wow, I have to give you much respect for still using a ball mouse. The Mouseman '97 (no scroll wheel version) was amazing.
2009-05-25, 20:08
55 posts

Jul 2006
Renzo wrote:
It's been a long, long time since I last time used mouseware (9.73 probably?). But back then setting "unassigned" meant pretty much the same as "OS implementation". I think there was another option like "default mouse x button" that made the "alias" been set by mouseware ignored.

But that's a long time ago, and I was using W98 and later W2k, so my memory might fail me. Anyway there should be a bind in the mouseware that removes the normal alias (in your case control bind) and the button works as if it was using windows default drivers.

You could try killing em_exec (the mouseware runtime) through task manager too and see afterwards if that does anything when you push mouse4.

Yeah, I was using 9.73. However, I have just tried to update it to 9.80 (again). Then I could bind the thumb button as 'Button 4' in Mouseware, and bind mouse4 in QW - and it's working now ).

I tried killing em_exec before posting this topic, but it killed all the bindings from Mouseware including the middle button.

Thank's for your help.. I appreciate it.
2009-05-25, 20:11
55 posts

Jul 2006
povohat wrote:
Wow, I have to give you much respect for still using a ball mouse. The Mouseman '97 (no scroll wheel version) was amazing.

It's a great mouse indeed. I think it's only the second mouse I have ever used with Q1 - starting with the Mouseman 95 in 1996, I think it was called. So the Mouseman 97 can apparantly not be killed .
  10 posts on 1 page  1