User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2009-02-23, 18:27
6 posts

Feb 2009
I have a Frogbot server running for me and my buddies to play on. When the server is launched, it is by default in Kombat teams mode.

We like to play clan arena, so you have to type "arena" then do a "restart".

Is there a way through the config to have the server start in Clan Arena mode?

I looked in the server.cfg file, and I cant seem to decipher why it always starts in Kombat teams mode.

I would think it is a config thing, but I cant seem to figure it out.

Any help much appreciated.

James
2009-02-23, 18:46
51 posts

Sep 2006
Will "deathmatch 4" in the config enable it?
2009-02-23, 19:03
6 posts

Feb 2009
OK, just tried changing "deathmatch 1" to "deathmatch 4" in the server cfg, still no luck, server starts with kombat teams.

I mean its really not that big of a deal, cause once its set, its set. But this paticualr server will not be on all the time, so everytime I start it, I would have to remember to go in and change it before the guys logged on.

Even though I told them 3 times how to get a clan arena match going, they still couldnt figure it out, that is the only reason It would be great to come up from the get go.

James
2009-02-23, 20:21
51 posts

Sep 2006
Oh, Clan Arena and Arena is two different things I see..

By just looking at the configs it seems that the command samelevel is used for different modes for some odd reason, "samelevel 9442048" is set in the clanarena config, when you set it to this you get the menu to choose team at start of the level and all.
2009-02-23, 20:59
6 posts

Feb 2009
ahhhhh...that was it.

I see now, you were supposed to use the "carena.cfg" in the configs dir.

Thanks for the help, that did the trick.

Now if I can just figure out how to turn on damage scoring, and the rl_pref automatically. without typing in 'damage' and 'rl_pref' into the console after joining.

If you stick those 2 in the server.cfg like that, it doesnt like it. Not sure if you need to use the localinfo command, or a setinfo command or smth.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

James
  5 posts on 1 page  1