3. Razer DeathAdder
4. Logitech MX518
5. Logitech MX510
6. Razer Lachesis with latest firmware
7. MS Explorer 3.0
8. MS Explorer 4.0
9. Razer Lachesis with old firmware
10. Logitech Mouseman Wheel

Are you saying you actually bought all these mouses?
2009-08-03, 10:07
401 posts

Mar 2006
megalodon wrote:
terrorhead wrote:
Ok here is my ranking.

1. NZXT Avatar
2. Razer Diamondback
3. Razer DeathAdder
4. Logitech MX518
5. Logitech MX510
6. Razer Lachesis with latest firmware
7. MS Explorer 3.0
8. MS Explorer 4.0
9. Razer Lachesis with old firmware
10. Logitech Mouseman Wheel

Are you saying you actually bought all these mouses?

yes
2009-08-03, 10:10
401 posts

Mar 2006
Ok NZXT definitely doesn't deserve 1st place because only after few days its left click started double clicking randomly. FFS. Desktop work and web browsing is a nightmare now. Getting sick and tired of this. Just installed the old MX518 lets see how it goes.
2009-08-03, 12:33
459 posts

Mar 2008
terrorhead wrote:
Ok NZXT definitely doesn't deserve 1st place because only after few days its left click started double clicking randomly. FFS. Desktop work and web browsing is a nightmare now. Getting sick and tired of this. Just installed the old MX518 lets see how it goes.

Stick with MX518. Just don't install SetPoint as it causes acceleration even if you turn it completely off with the software.
2009-08-03, 14:44
401 posts

Mar 2006
Rikoll wrote:
terrorhead wrote:

Stick with MX518. Just don't install SetPoint as it causes acceleration even if you turn it completely off with the software.

How can I bind all buttons in qw without setpoint?
2009-08-03, 16:29
459 posts

Mar 2008
mouse3 = mousewheel
mouse4 = biggest thumb button
mouse5 = smallest thumb botton

edit: ive also opened mine and disconnected the wire from the -DPI and menu since i often accidentially hit them while shafting. not funny suddenly having half the sens you had without intent in the middle of a shafting session, or suddenly being put in windows by pressing that damned menu button Think running mx518 without setpoint is the biggest impact I've done for my LG in a positive way.
2009-08-04, 10:05
1732 posts

Jan 2007
oh man oh man oh man
yesterday when i was playing quake i got totally frustrated with that slow logitech ls 1 mouse
although the size and shape fits PERFECT in my hand it is totally slow and not as smooth and precise as the roccat
soooooooo...... i took the roccat kone out of the box again, plugged it in and went on playing with that
WOW!! x 3
That felt so nice, so unbelievable nice to play quake with a real mouse invented for gaming.
So I leave now both mice in the hub. I think if I use the roccat only for a few maps that I REALLY like to play in quake, and further not, that maybe my pink wont fall off again. It's not worth the pain to use it constantly and I know I cant play more then a few maps with it in a row. But man oh man oh man. What a joy and pleasure the quick accurate smoothness of that mouse again. I missed that.
So after 12 years of quake I finally learned what is what in mouseland.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-08-04, 13:20
33 posts

Aug 2008
terrorhead wrote:
Rikoll wrote:
terrorhead wrote:

ezquake has /in_m_mwhook
2009-08-04, 13:53
401 posts

Mar 2006
neooffs wrote:
terrorhead wrote:
Rikoll wrote:

ezquake has /in_m_mwhook

It doesn't work for me. I get "couldn't initialize mouseware hook" without setpoint and with setpoint.
2009-08-04, 18:09
33 posts

Aug 2008
that problem happens to me when I use /in_restart, then I issue the command again and it works... try that
also check if you have mw_hook.dll
2009-08-04, 18:45
401 posts

Mar 2006
Yeah I tried all that. I can't bind anything to mouse6 7 8. I have to assign keys in setpoint. Thats the only way it works.
2009-08-05, 19:57
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Was planning to go shop hunting for the razer salmosa tomorrow, but i have no idea what shops will sell it.
Good luck me.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-08-06, 13:38
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Looooooooook!!!!
http://www.carolmulder.nl/roccatls1salmosa.jpg

I have it. I bought the salmosa. And man oh man... so light. And quick! I think I go like it.
It feels less in quallity then the roccat, but sooooo sweet light and soooooo much smaller. It is slightly bigger then the LS1 but because it is so flat and light it not feels as a problem.
Me likes
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-08-07, 21:57
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Hunniebuns, darlings and sweetiepies.......
I am totally HAPPY with the salmosa mouse!
It's GREAT!!!! I love it.
Thank you so much for the tips. Thousand times thanks.
It is the perfect mix between the Roccat Kone and an laptop mouse.
Its small and light and quick and smooth and all just really fantastic.
EXCELLENT!
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-08-16, 17:19
1732 posts

Jan 2007
I've sold the roccat one nicely again, so I have the salmosa for more then free.
Totally happy now.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-09-13, 20:51
685 posts

Jul 2007
Buur, do you change sensitivity settings in quake when you connect a different mouse? A certain sensitivity for one mouse doesn't necessarily have the same effect on another mouse you know... I bet you can make that logitech as 'quick' as you want by changing sensitivity and dpi settings.
2009-09-14, 07:56
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Uhhhhh.... lekker technisch......
Ehm....
Dunno. But the salmosa works just fine now. Just as it is. Only put the plug in and played with it. Not even got the cd that came with it out of the wrappings.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2009-10-14, 06:16
11 posts

Sep 2009
I use this mouse, real nice, upgraded from a logitech mx510

http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/gaming-mice/stinger-mouse.php
Intel Core2Duo E7200 @ 3.16GHz, Arctic Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler, Gigabyte EP35-DS3L, 4x1 Gigabyte dual-channel DDR2 800 G.Skill RAM (4 Gigabytes), Excelstor Jupiter 250 Gigabyte SATA 3.0 HDD & Fujitsu
2010-05-06, 21:39
1 post

May 2010
Roccat is making a false claim about this product's Ergonomic Hybrid Shape. It is NOT suitable for people who use Claw Grip style as a mouse as large and as high as this forces the Palm Grip style.

There's no doubt that the Roccat Kone is a high-tech precision gaming mouse with many great features.

It has a 3200 DPI Pro-Aim Gaming Sensor to reduce Pick-Up-Flight; a TCU (Tracking Control Unit) to calibrate the laser power to match the mouse pad surface; an Integrated Turbocore to save CPU power; 128kB of Internal Memory to save up to five Game Profiles; a customisable light system with 5 LEDs capable of displaying the full spectrum of colors; and a FastClip Weight Kit to change the weight of the mouse from 118g by 5g, 10g, 15g and 20g.

But the so-called Ergonomic Hybrid Shape that is supposedly suitable for people with both claw grip or palm grip fails to impress me. If you have large hands then you should find this mouse very comfortable and easy to dominate.

However, if you're like me and have small-medium sized hands then don't be surprised if you get wrist ache and have trouble moving it quickly from side to side. My wrist ache got so bad after the first 5 days I put the Kone back in it's box and got my old faithful Razer Diamondback mouse back into action. The Razer is such a fantastic mouse; it's fast, accurate, and lightweight so you really feel in control of the mouse rather than the mouse controlling you.

In summary, if you've got big hands then buy the Roccat Kone, otherwise get something smaller like a Razer Diamondback.

what size hand have you got?
http://www.bfro.net/images/whatis/figures/Fig.%206%20with%20caption.jpg
2010-05-07, 00:00
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Yeh, what i said. It's a great mouse, but way too big and heavy, and therefor bits starts to ache. For me it was like if my pink would fall off. The razer salmosa is great for me because its so light. I can throw it around with no problem at all for if I want to make a corner (i dont strafe), if only it was a tiny bit shorter it would be just pefect. Even with long nails it doesnt make my hand tall enough. Mostly I have to force my hand, the palm, a bit upwards on the mouse, on the big bump, so that my shooting finger cant touch the fastest spot on the button.
Another thing that annoys me extremely for GAMING mice. ffs. One can expect buttons to work on any spot as quick as possible for gamers mice no? but still you have to click very much to the front to make it quick and simple. The lack of souplesse is disgusting for many mice.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
2010-05-24, 12:35
6 posts

Dec 2009
Ah, Roccat kone I love it, even though I don't have it myself. I have tested it, it works pretty well on QW for me, but i dun know ur cfg or else soo.. But great mouse. Even though Razer mouses asre probably the best IMHO.
QWing since 2002
2010-08-21, 13:35
1732 posts

Jan 2007
Roccat Kone has upgraded the mouse! it goes by the name .... Roccat Kone[+]

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/

Shame they not worked on the size and weight yet
Would be nice to get a female version.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
  52 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page