User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2009-02-13, 02:52
25 posts

May 2006
Hello QW,

I was wondering if whoever was administering the QTV @ qtv.quakeworld.nu could possibly add my NAQW servers? I've had alot of requests for this lately, and was wondering if someone could help. Here's what you would need for the cfg...

qtv va.telefrag.me:27500 VAqtvVA
qtv va.telefrag.me:27501 VAqtvVA
qtv va.telefrag.me:27502 VAqtvVA
qtv va.telefrag.me:27503 VAqtvVA
qtv va.telefrag.me:27504 VAqtvVA
qtv va.telefrag.me:27505 VAqtvVA

qtv tx.telefrag.me:27500 VAqtvVA
qtv tx.telefrag.me:27501 VAqtvVA
qtv tx.telefrag.me:27502 VAqtvVA
qtv tx.telefrag.me:27503 VAqtvVA
qtv tx.telefrag.me:27505 VAqtvVA
qtv tx.telefrag.me:27504 VAqtvVA

qtv wa.telefrag.me:27500 VAqtvVA
qtv wa.telefrag.me:27501 VAqtvVA
qtv wa.telefrag.me:27502 VAqtvVA
qtv wa.telefrag.me:27503 VAqtvVA
qtv wa.telefrag.me:27505 VAqtvVA
qtv wa.telefrag.me:27504 VAqtvVA

Thanks as always,
i grew up doin dumb shit that made me wise
coulda died ten times that made me live
2009-02-13, 10:02
1435 posts

Jan 2006
That's a lot of servers, you either need to ask admins of the already existing QTVs (Quakeworld.fi doesn't accept new servers, butt.se already has a lot of them, others are small groups of servers, phil's QTV would be most suitable, but it's down at the moment) or, preferably, you can setup your own QTV and we will add your QTV to the main list.
2009-02-13, 12:29
116 posts

Mar 2008
He has 3 QTV portals now

http://telefrag.me/qtv-portals/
2009-02-13, 12:33
1329 posts

Apr 2006
I strongly recommend using only one QTV for all of his servers, three is just too many for those servers.
Servers: Troopers
2009-02-13, 12:57
25 posts

May 2006
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Since I have 3 servers in 3 diff places, having 3 QTVz is beneficial for demo purposes. If I consolidate my QTVz then the demos portion of this wonderful application will cease to be useful - as it will only show demos from one server.

If consolidating the qtvz will help them get posted consider it done. I would hope atleast the KTX servers could be shown. But Batman and his TWCTF crew have been dilegently wrkn on their mod and I think they should get some showtime too.

So qtv.qw.nu has many servers?? Isn't that why the sort is there? Didn't think it would be a big deal. If it is then they will just all remain at my spot then.

Help NAQW?

<3
2009-02-13, 13:38
1329 posts

Apr 2006
You can use one QTV for demos too, however it requires a little bit more effort. There is this file, MVDFINISH.QWS in KTX configs (ships without +x flag) that will be executed once match ends. You can use this script file to send the demo recorded to another host using SCP if you want, but in this case you should not use the same demos dir as the server has. Basically:

comp1: has servers and QTV. QTV has specific demo dir "all-demos" that is a real directory and not softlink. MVDFINISH.QWS on this machine copies all the recorded demos to this directory from KTX installation demos dir. (in QTV configs it would say "demo_dir all-demos"

comp2: more servers -> scp sends each demo to comp1's QTV "all-demos" dir

comp3: even more servers -> same stuff as with comp2 using scp to send each demo to comp1

This increases the comp1 traffic quite a lot, but if you can limit the upload speed then it shouldn't be a problem. Also notice that you should probably clean up that "all-demos" dir from time to time or it will be filled with demos in few weeks depending on the server usage.

That's just one example, you could also use the server demo dir for those other demos, just increase the size a bit and MVDSV will handle the file deletion properly, in this case softlinked qtv/demos is ok and you don't need to run MVDFINISH.QWS on this machine.

Everything is possible as long as you know how to do it and if it's worth it.
Servers: Troopers
2009-02-13, 14:59
25 posts

May 2006
Thx again Rezno, I appreciate ur thoughts. I would create remote mounts using sshfs or something easier. There's no doubt I'd get it working nicely, I just want them to be seen in the hottest of spots.

I already have deployment scripts for updating configs on all servers and anything else. I update qwprogs, ents, and maps for TWCTF almost daily. Getting the desired effect on my end isn't an issue, I just want want my servers to mingle with the popular ones in EU

I understand any resistance, but I'd like to breath new life into NAQW, simply put I need ur help... Its all about the <3. Plz don't take my demeanor wrong, just got off work drnkn replying on my blackberry -- hope that's helps

Again I appreciate any and all of your feedback.
2009-02-15, 01:02
25 posts

May 2006
Thank you; whoever added the servers to QTV.
  8 posts on 1 page  1