User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Team Fortress
2009-02-09, 21:41
1 post

Feb 2009
Hello,
I have been playing Quake since the beginning, and TF since the beginning...

I just recently lost my Quake Dir that I had (With all my configs) from the last 10 years or whatever it sbeen.

Since re-installing, and getting my bindings back to a decent state, I have been having HORRIBLE "sticky" grenades.

I found that the culprit was that I had "throwgren" bound to mouse2. When bound to the keyboard, it releases fine.

I bought a new mouse (another Logitech, which I've always used...and this one was wired...thinking that may haave been the problem), and this did NOT help...

Are there any mouse settings to increase precision in EzQuake, or anything you guys can help me with so I don't have to tap "throwgren" over and over praying it may come out?

It is also worse when more is going on.

Thanks for any help.
2009-02-11, 16:56
793 posts

Feb 2006
i know how annoying this can be. i actually think this might be server related. or maybe it has to do with these disconnects you sometimes get when you have too much info stored in 'setinfo' (when you have to do setinfo 0 manually).
no idea really... :/

maybe try something like 'alias throw "throwgren; wait; throwgren; wait; throwgren..." '
i doubt that works, really.
2009-02-11, 23:20
200 posts

Apr 2006
if you have some sort of pl, that can happen and the alias above will help alot
2009-02-12, 14:09
271 posts

Feb 2006
In QW(including ezquake), if you loose 3 client->server packets in a row, impulses can be lost.
In NQ, if you loose 1 client->server packet, impulses can be lost.

If it always works fine with your keyboard then there's really no chance that its network/packetloss related.

Mouse1 works fine I assume?
Try to press and hold your throwgren button instead of tapping it?
Or perhaps, screw mouse2 and use the mousewheel instead.
Or maybe in the heat of combat you're pressing in the wrong place/horizontally. Some mice are horrible like that (although many are that way cos someone broke them by bunnyhopping too much).
Alternatively you could try using a different USB port.
And if all else fails... Its quite a challenge to play quake exclusively with the keyboard!

If you're just pressing too fast (ie: faster than 10ms) you could always try one of the usb sample rate hack thingies.
moo
2009-02-12, 14:39
485 posts

Feb 2006
This is a long shot but... There was sticky grenade plague in the old days when people had id command bound with their movement keys: bind a "+moveleft; id"
  5 posts on 1 page  1