User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  QUAKE LIVE
  46 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2009-03-12, 19:13
685 posts

Jul 2007
I wish they had this 10 years ago I kind of quit playing now...
2009-03-12, 19:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
We weren't n00bs like todays kids, we didn't need this 10 years ago.
2009-03-12, 22:05
303 posts

Jun 2007
Now when beta is open i actually don't have fun with it anymore. Too many noobs, growing number of cheaters, campers and zero movement skill players that rely only on aim trained in broken games like cs or cod. But that's the problem with people playing the game, not the game itself. In closed beta everyone knew how to strafejump around, select best weapon to fight, work in team, timing items... that was whole different story. Game was much more entertaining. Now it is cursed in the same way q3 was - flood of whining noobs complaining about every aspect of gameplay, destroying other players fun. And they mostly don't have idea what Quake is, was, meant to be - they want it to be like Halo, CoD4, Ut2k4, spamming forums with posts "dual wielding will be cool!" "plz add wehicles" "add objective gametypes" "more guns" "turrets in ctf" "painkiller movement" etc. It's really sad when people are saying that campgrounds redux is map stolen from UT2k4... At this point i have more fun playing with bots than with real people!!!

On the other hand, ignorance of some old Q3 players is also depressing. They are asking id to add q3 community stuff (cpma physic code, antilag, skins, icons and custom maps like hub aero etc.) ignoring the fact id don't have rights to it.
I was hyperoptimistic about this game when i played closed beta, now i worry that developers will have to dumb it down because majority of noob-players want it.
2009-03-12, 22:59
357 posts

Nov 2008
I have an idea.. lets play quakeworld!! forget the others first person shooters!!
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2009-03-13, 07:39
569 posts

Feb 2006
Herb wrote:
Now when beta is open i actually don't have fun with it anymore. Too many noobs, growing number of cheaters, campers and zero movement skill players that rely only on aim trained in broken games like cs or cod. But that's the problem with people playing the game, not the game itself. In closed beta everyone knew how to strafejump around, select best weapon to fight, work in team, timing items... that was whole different story. Game was much more entertaining. Now it is cursed in the same way q3 was - flood of whining noobs complaining about every aspect of gameplay, destroying other players fun. And they mostly don't have idea what Quake is, was, meant to be - they want it to be like Halo, CoD4, Ut2k4, spamming forums with posts "dual wielding will be cool!" "plz add wehicles" "add objective gametypes" "more guns" "turrets in ctf" "painkiller movement" etc. It's really sad when people are saying that campgrounds redux is map stolen from UT2k4... At this point i have more fun playing with bots than with real people!!!

On the other hand, ignorance of some old Q3 players is also depressing. They are asking id to add q3 community stuff (cpma physic code, antilag, skins, icons and custom maps like hub aero etc.) ignoring the fact id don't have rights to it.
I was hyperoptimistic about this game when i played closed beta, now i worry that developers will have to dumb it down because majority of noob-players want it.

Not having tried it or anything, but i assumed it would include a similiar game-making system as the ladder in wc3 battle.net, where you are matched against equally skilled opponents. From your post it seems this is not the case?
2009-03-13, 11:46
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Not quite yet, you just get offered 3 matches that are a "perfect match"
2009-03-13, 13:37
303 posts

Jun 2007
Idea behind that system is very good, but id failed to execute it right. On servers with "skill level matched" i'm constantly raped by better players or aimbotters (there's plenty of them already and pb is useless). When i join servers with lower skill players, i have more fun than on "skill level matched" - it's rare occasion when people playing on them are actually less experienced than me. Usually it's fair fight. And something is really wrong, because i haven't saw "skill level higher" servers. Just because i'm able to do some basic tricks and beat stupid bot (crash in tutorial sucks, takes the same routes, don't dodge rockets and its only advantage is maxed out aim), doesn't mean i'm as skilled as top players, but game says i am... Matchmaking system need more divisions, right now it's almost useless.
2009-03-13, 23:54
312 posts

Feb 2006
I have tried QL for about 10 rounds of FFA and CA each. I'm not that interested as it's a whole new game for me, whereas I think people with Q3 experience have a shitload of advantage over you. I'm not interested in constructing a new config from the scratch with commands I have no idea about. It's not really fun when you have no idea about the weapon damages. I don't know whether the maps are original or copies from Q2/3/4 maps but I'm hopelessly lost on them anyway and others haven't seemed to be lost that much. Perhaps I'd be more interested if it were a whole new game where experience from playing a certain game wouldn't have a huge advantage over people who haven't played it. I might be wrong though as my Q3 knowledge is solely based on a few rounds with bots like 5 years ago
2009-03-14, 11:14
303 posts

Jun 2007
That's ironic mipa, most of your points apply to QW also - that's the reason why so few players who try the game stick to it... I guess every game that require more skill than point and click will share the same fate sooner or later. People are lazy. They don't want to learn about things they aren't used to, they instead call them stupid or wrong.
2009-03-14, 13:01
312 posts

Feb 2006
"That's ironic mipa, most of your points apply to QW also "

That's true and perhaps it's worth mentioning that I hate learning new stuff (maps) in qw as well because they are stupid and/or wrong
2009-07-05, 21:30
685 posts

Jul 2007
Hahahaa mipa

Well, it's not necessarily 'laziness', Herb. It can also be that ppl just wanna go online and play. I mean, there's tons of serious work and study to do in their lives already, so if they play a game, I don't blame them when they just want to have fun instead of studying and training their ass of before they might be able to do a trick jump to reach a platform just as easily as a hardcore player can. It's all beautiful to watch, but... is it worth the time to learn when you got other area's in your life that need work and study as well? That's the question, which has an answer that usually sounds as....'NO'.
2009-07-05, 22:07
705 posts

Feb 2006
http://arenalive.zexos.org/
2009-07-05, 22:45
7 posts

Jul 2009
i have one, but qw > ql by a long shot =)
2009-10-07, 01:47
61 posts

Mar 2006
I like protdm but i get so fucking pissed when i play it because usually everyone on my team is stupid as fuck (ie shooting at me, picking up every damn gun) so i'm left with 50 bullets against 4 other players.
2009-12-22, 22:24
29 posts

Jan 2006
If anyone still plays quake live add hellvik to friends and we could play a duel or write to me at irc /msg hellvik. Btw edvin was allready taken even edwin was so random name ftw.
2009-12-23, 12:29
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
nivde?
  46 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page