User panel stuff on forum
  39 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2009-01-11, 22:39
Administrator
67 posts

Jan 2007
This is my favourite teamplay moment:
http://qwdrama.com/temp/capture7.avi .. after he stated to me: "I had no ammo".

What's your favorite teamplay moment?
2009-01-11, 23:14
18 posts

Dec 2007
lol
2009-01-12, 02:35
252 posts

Dec 2006
That's not epic, that's TRAGIC! B{
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-01-12, 07:33
125 posts

Jan 2008
(Im not saying Trl did anything right )From what ive seen, trl isnt that uberexperienced but your are.
You probably just stressed him so much that he just pressed the wrong button(or didnt realize that he had the wrong weapon selected), If you look hes shooting sg in the ground.
And before he realizes that hes pressing the wrong button and not arent just out of ammo YOU kill him?....

If you posted this because it was funny due to both of your stupid plays then I love it.
But if you posted this because he sucked uber then I hate it
Give him a break you played as stupid as he did.
2009-01-12, 09:41
1100 posts

Jan 2006
My favourite teamplay (spectating) moment was when in that one 4on4 tourney last year the last match was decided by a teamfrag on dm2 in the last milliseconds (or did he drown in the lava, I can't really remember right now).
2009-01-12, 10:07
156 posts

Mar 2006
I can't remember what game exactly it was, but it was NQR or EQL semi final, tVS vs someone. During last Pent, Milton had 200/200+rl+eyes and accidently shot a rocket at team mate who had quad-pent. Not realising it was accidental, quad-pent guy shot milton. The opposing team regained mapcontrol after that pent and tVS lost by a relatively small margin (I think the final result was 3-2).

Personally, I have very fond memories of winning the NQR8 Div5 playoffs with Smack That Ass in 2005. You might argue it was "only" Div5, but it was my first serious clan and my first victory of any sort. Good times!
2009-01-12, 10:09
Administrator
67 posts

Jan 2007
soma wrote:
I can't remember what game exactly it was, but it was NQR or EQL semi final, tVS vs someone. During last Pent, Milton had 200/200+rl+eyes and accidently shot a rocket at team mate who had quad-pent. Not realising it was accidental, quad-pent guy shot milton. The opposing team regained mapcontrol after that pent and tVS lost by a relatively small margin (I think the final result was 3-2).

Nice one
2009-01-12, 12:41
398 posts

Feb 2006
shouldn't he have had enough time by flooding f_report when he's on 200/200? it must've taken about 4 rockets for the pent guy to kill him? :E or maybe the pent guy didn't bother checking reports at all, but they also play with ventrilo? hm :E
2009-01-12, 12:45
347 posts

Feb 2006
soma wrote:
[...] and accidently shot a rocket at team mate who had quad-pent.
2009-01-12, 12:45
398 posts

Feb 2006
just looked at the video, and I don't think he realized at all that he had rl.. suit yourself for killing him :E
2009-01-12, 12:46
398 posts

Feb 2006
aha, I did mistake eyes+rl for eyes+quad, sorry :|
2009-01-12, 15:05
156 posts

Mar 2006
I made some inquiries and found the game + demos:
http://eql.quakeworld.nu/eql2/matches.php?id=335
http://challenge-tv.com/index.php?mode=demodetail&demo=30951

Hagge wrote:
but they also play with ventrilo?

(15:56:50) <Milton> we had teamspeak
(15:56:55) <Milton> and I was yelling my guts out

I'm gonna watch that last dm3 demo now!
2009-01-12, 15:53
51 posts

Nov 2006
just wanted to post that 5th game against tvs as one of my most epic moments in qw but you guys already mentioned it.
its fun , i still say "hi angry-ring-milton!" whenever i meet him on qw servers imagining the shouts on vent ;D ...
theres also an auto-track demo of that game/map with gaz-commentary here: http://www.challenge-tv.com/index.php?mode=demodetail&demo=30996
i still get goosebumps watching that map. it was the decider after we were down 0:2. miltons move and nice tp at the end (all 4 defending ra) saved us the game and made the EPIC comeback complete.
aah those were the days!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2009-01-12, 18:56
8 posts

May 2007
XantoM wrote:
This is my favourite teamplay moment:
http://qwdrama.com/temp/capture7.avi .. after he stated to me: "I had no ammo".

What's your favorite teamplay moment?

Ahh, gotta love qw. Do some mistakes and people whine to the world about it.
If this is your most epic moment i teamplay, I guess you haven't played that much? OR IS IT? <-- this is your caps-lock style ingame when you try to make a point <3

Yes, I said I was out of ammo. I got stressed and couldn't hit the right button. If you had waited like 0.5 second more, I would have pulled it off.

riosatiy wrote:
Im not saying Trl did anything right big_smile )From what ive seen, trl isnt that uberexperienced but your are.

And I was experienced, but just not anymore. Had a break from 2002 until november/december of 2008. I know the most old-school players, played in the highest divs and traveled to QH-Lan and other quake-lans. Heck, I even sat on private lans with Link too many times, over too many years. So all of you "pros" have to bear with me, shit will happen when you play quake.
2009-01-12, 19:25
251 posts

Jul 2007
tr0ll wrote:
So all of you "pros" have to bear with me, shit will happen when you play quake.

It especially becomes funny in the context of whine like "we gotta attract more players to our beloved QW". I really don't think that everyone takes it as easy as you do. Others might as well just say "fuck it" and never touch 4on4 or QW again.
2009-01-12, 23:29
Administrator
67 posts

Jan 2007
In fact it was the most disastrous teamplay I have ever witnessed.

Enemy bores which obviously means he used rl and there will be a rl-pack. You have very low health and you also know that I have pent with no weapon, yet you run and take the pack and also the other pack (lg-pack), why?

If you were playing thinking it was a FFA game I totally understand this behaivour and it would also explain the rest of your contant item consuming type of gameplay.

How can it take you more than 5 seconds to change to the very main weapon of QW?
2009-01-13, 00:03
793 posts

Feb 2006
omg. and you still didn't want to continue qwDrama?!
2009-01-13, 08:26
8 posts

May 2007
XantoM wrote:

What was diastrous about it? That you got denied a pack in a prac with you as a standin? Or was it the fact I couldn't get it on bore-wise?

XantoM wrote:
Enemy bores which obviously means he used rl and there will be a rl-pack. You have very low health and you also know that I have pent with no weapon, yet you run and take the pack and also the other pack (lg-pack), why?

Look at me rock in the demo! I time penta like a Tag Heuer, my adrenaline pumps and I of course eat all packs and whatnot to prevent the opposing team to get any. Heck, I would've gotten pent if I didn't get knocked by the rocket. The pack from the player you killed, falled on me (shaft-pack), and I just go on and eat the other pack. Well, I shouldn't have done that, I know that. And then I realize that you want my pack, sure, and you start flooding your status and I don't know what happens. I'm shooting to the ground and can't find my RL-bind, and then you kill me. So, it happened and it gave us something to laugh about. Good times.

XantoM wrote:
If you were playing thinking it was a FFA game I totally understand this behaivour and it would also explain the rest of your contant item consuming type of gameplay.

In mother Axemen, we eat packs if in doubt. No questions asked. My mates know I bore alot too, so I always have some packs to give.

XantoM wrote:
How can it take you more than 5 seconds to change to the very main weapon of QW?

The wonders of Quake. I don't know what happened, but I couldn't hit my U-key which is RL and got stressed out.
2009-01-13, 08:56
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
my sensors detect much win in this sector
Chosen
2009-01-13, 10:01
569 posts

Feb 2006
Look at your avarage RTS game. A top player makes about 200-300actions per minute compared to the lesser skilled average players like me (that can do maybe 70-80). I think same applies in FPS, except the decisons are made in the players head and not possible to measure with a demo analysis tool.

So a difference between top players and the others is that the better player will make decisions a lot faster. Or one could say that the games flows in slow-motion compared to a worse player. In a situation like this, a player like reppie would have time to see that pent is safe and that there is no need to eat the RL packs in panic.

Teamplay skill below the div0 (and in mixes) is much about knowing the capabilities of your team mates and opponents). If paradoks has quad+RL in the enemy team, it might be wise to fall back to dm3-sng instead of trying to defend RA.

If one of your weaker team mates is defending RA, he might need more help keeping it safe. Meaning perhaps you shouldnt push as far into water when you are running quads.

Sure most of us has done childish things when our lesser skilled team mates do bad things, but realise quite soon it was wrong.

I wonder what king-sassa would think of this video...
2009-01-13, 10:16
8 posts

May 2007
I'm like a headless chicken in situations like these. I made the decesion fast, but it was the wrong decesion at the given time. I just know I (it) won't be the last one \o/
2009-01-13, 10:58
253 posts

Nov 2007
XantoM wrote:

then u should play with me too
cheat 2 win!
2009-01-13, 11:52
77 posts

Feb 2008
Jon u pwn
2009-01-13, 11:54
171 posts

Jan 2006
Haha, this is a great thread! I have 120 demos (clips) from various Freedom games, we were about to do a Freedom film but it never happend Still got the demos tho. MANY epic moments, I can say. Whine, bores, nice gibs, misunderstandings, quadruns etc.

(If anyone is willing to make a quite funny film just let me know, I have all the raw material hehe)

I'll see if I have the energy uploading them...
.over.and.out.ten.four.roger.that.affirmative.
2009-01-13, 12:15
77 posts

Feb 2008
Can't someone make a "qw-disastermovie"?
I think it can be easier that do a "nice-fragmovie"..
Atleast in lowdivs.
2009-01-13, 12:19
8 posts

May 2007
Then you can start the movie with me!
2009-01-13, 12:39
77 posts

Feb 2008
tr0ll: That clip is like the teaser for the disastermovie
2009-01-13, 15:36
57 posts

Apr 2007
some group game in nqr waay back (think it was with twats)..

multi tries to guard a pack @ dm3 ring
enemy stands right beside him for few secs, takes 3 steps forward and gets pack
kills multi (who didnt see him) as well as plura who was on his on his way from liftunder...

plura: MEN VA ME LITE

observed this from quad, laughed constantly the remaining 13 minutes..
2009-01-13, 16:27
129 posts

Mar 2007
my favourite moment was smackdown 3 AU final - FA vs THDM. FA slaughtered us on dm2 and dm3. e1m2 we somehow managed to stay in there, and scores were tied with about 10 seconds to go. fa-blind had quad rl and we had nothing. he came through ya-tele to ga hunting, jumped onto bridge, moved to shoot at me, time ticks 1 second remaining, and quad bores on the ground (somehow). we won by 1 frag then went on to win the next two maps to win 3-2!
2009-01-13, 18:18
4 posts

May 2008
Too bad that a potentially good topic was ruined by such a boring first post.
  39 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page