User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Team Fortress
2009-01-08, 23:37
5 posts

Jan 2006
Greets fellow Quakers, as some of you already know, the annual TomteFortress tournament is being played on this weeks sunday (11th day). I took the liberty of writing predictions for the upcoming tournament. But first I will start by introducing myself. I am six time Tomtefortress champion, Finnish TF-champion, TF world champion, member of the finnish QWTF national team, EQL division 2 champion, beaten Slackers in 4on4, former member of the finnish Counter-Strike national team, former member of the finnish DoD national team, WoW level 80, creator of the modern TF2 rules, HIGH-admin of quake.fi servers, and many other great achievements.

And now to the predictions.

Zoos strength greatly relies on JKova and Mursu. Zoos weakness has always been their wast lineup which consists of all kinds of players. Hopefully they have the chance to get the medium level players on the field from their hordes of players. Last but not worst Zoo also has a wildcard qwdm player from worlds best qwdm clan, lets see how he can keep up in a more challenging game. Good luck to Diki.

ClassiC has a solid lineup with solid players such as Miksu, Elimi, Votary and More. One should also never forget AnkkaBala who is recognized to be the best engineer in Finland. Hopefully some of their solid players havent forgot how to play the game.

CMT has always been one of the worst clans in Finland but still they keep rolling, my respects to them. Their players have lots of years behind them with quake, so hell.. who knows, maybe they've been waiting all these years just for this tournament.

Additional Pylons is totally unknown clan to me, I believe they are qwdm players?

Teddybears, old Finnish powerhouse which stopped playing about 4 years ago. I cant wait to see them play since its been atleast 4-5 years since the guys last time joined a server. Hopefully they still have some skills in them and can keep up with todays pace.

Wadit, their strength totally relies on Hazas and matos performance. I heard someone saying that the rest of the team is an unpolished diamond, lets see how it turns out.

Legends of TF is a team with only good and solid players in their lineup, too good team for this tournament, as the "agreement" was to divide all the good players between all the teams so that we could have an interesting tournament. The team was made by Rz with only one purpose: "Defeat Haza". There's been a constant battle between them for the past few years, maybe this tournament will truly decide which one is better.

Brazilian team is also quite unknown to me. I've heard that they have all been playing a long time. So it will be interesting to see how they challenge us Scandinavians with their ping difference.

Tomte mix team consists of low to medium class players. I'm really happy to see that they managed to put this team together and also can't wait to see them play.

Unlike the past 5 tomte tournaments, this tournament is really special. Finally we have atleast 5 quite even teams so it is quite hard to predict the end result. Also it is still unsure if I am going to participate in the tournament, since it would give an unfair advantage to the team I'm playing for. You will find me atleast doing commentary for the matches if nothing else, hope to see you there! But heres what I think might happen.

1. Legends of TF
2. ClassiC
3. Zoo/Wadit
5. Teddybears
6. CMT
7. Tomte mix team
8. Brazilian team
9. Additional Pylons

I hope people will present their own opinions and predictions for the upcoming games!

- Gizmo
2009-01-09, 03:53
1754 posts

Jan 2006
How do we spec it?
2009-01-09, 07:22
22 posts

May 2006
I believe Additional Pylons are TF2 players. At least they have some hb0da players in there. I hope this is not the first time they play Quake. =)

If these guys who run the tournament don't announce anything about QTV/Qizmo-Cam here or via ServeMe(tm), you can go ask on #tomtefortress @ QuakeNet
:rolleyes:Makkara ja muusi, siivoappas suusi. Oon vähän *diun daun*[url=http://www.anttituisku.fi/ke
2009-01-09, 12:48
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Gizmo, hi and welcome back or something, but first I will start by introducing myself!
Im a 100+ fucker, Im in the club! I have been with White-girls, black girls, afro american, afro africans, scandinavians, japanese, chines, australian, italian, spanish, cuban, venezuela, panama, persian, russian-girls and many other great achievements!!

and now about the tourney!

I have followed tomteforrest since 03 and the past years you guys have had some space, what happened? was it just term who was gone?
Where will the tourney be played on? what servers?
Exact time?
Site??

I could help arranging some commentarys for the tourney if its okey? but I need QTV on the servers to be able to commentate since I WONT use qizmo

PS. I hope you can answer all my questions and I hope I didnt brag too much about myself.
2009-01-09, 13:05
5 posts

Jan 2006
We only had one year without tomte, which was last year. During that time Term disappeared and nobody really wasnt interested in having a tournament so we decided not to arrange one. This year we thought that the same thing would happen again, but made a joke about having the tournament during december and surprisingly we got lots of attention so we decided to arrange to tournament on january so that the maximum amount of players and teams can participate.

The servers used in tomte will be either quake.fi servers in finland or chosens servers in sweden. Practically any server in scandinavia is ok if both playing teams are fine with it. The exact time is 12 cet on sunday.

http://www.elimi.jossain.com/tomte2008.htm and heres the tournament site.

And about the commentary, yah we might need some help with it, join #tomtefortress in quakenet and lets talk about it.

PS. ur achievements are so obsolete.. not even a lvl 80 character in wow... phew..
2009-01-09, 13:05
66 posts

Feb 2006
ande haha vittu siu kanssa.
2009-01-09, 14:08
26 posts

Jan 2006
The servers have been decided for each match in advance as the schedule is quite tight and that way we could avoid some hassle. The schedule and servers have been planned in detail and many things were considered. For the semi-finals up to the final we will decide the server depending on the teams in each match.

Servers being used:
quake.fi
quake.fi:27501
chosen2.servegame.com

We have been planning on using Qizmo for spectating as none of us really knows QTV that well. What would be recuired to set it up? Do you think those servers are compatible with it, or could they be made compatible with some minimal effort?

As for commentating: at least Gizmo, JKova and Ilex have expressed intrest for it
2009-01-09, 21:01
312 posts

Feb 2006
QTV+commentary wouldn't really work in TF as you can't really configure the autotrack in the way it would be interesting to watch. I think the only solution is a qizmo cam, where the commentator is the cam.
2009-01-09, 22:40
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
mipa you could follow the commentator by just write "follow id#"
to get the id# write qtvusers
  9 posts on 1 page  1