User panel stuff on forum
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Client Talk
2009-01-15, 06:05
386 posts

Apr 2006
Are +movedown and +moveup banned intentionally, or is it an oversight? I use movedown all the time in water and have been unable to do so since I downloaded the nightly build tonight.
2009-01-15, 09:35
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Thanks for noticing Stev, was a bug. Tomorrow's nightly build will have it fixed.
2009-01-15, 15:58
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:
This will result in higher bunny/running speeds and better dodging as described above in this thread, benefitting worse players "considerably" more than the better players.

So they can cheat at pov(sort of) with this
Imo this doesn't need to be banned, I doubt one could spot this ingame anyway.
2009-01-15, 23:03
462 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:
I partly agree, aimbot does everything for you, while this script/feature does only certain part for you automatically, which is "releasing" the opposite direction at perfect timing making your turn perfect, thus losing the minimum amount of speed possible. This will result in higher bunny/running speeds and better dodging as described above in this thread, benefitting worse players "considerably" more than the better players.

Automating some things makes the game more playable and lets the player concentrate on the essential. Weapon scripts switch weapons automatically combining the switch and +attack into one single action. Not much different from combining release and new direction into a single action. If you ban the former it raises the question why not ban the latter. If we need to start switching weapons manually, I quit.
2009-01-16, 08:18
1329 posts

Apr 2006
blAze wrote:
If we need to start switching weapons manually, I quit.

Bla bla bla, noone is interested in ultimatums, especially when it's something other than described earlier. I can as easily say I quit running servers and QTV and doing anything for QW and the scene if you don't do this and that.
Servers: Troopers
2009-01-16, 15:15
251 posts

Jul 2007
If blAze quits, I quit too!
2009-01-17, 17:08
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
blAze never quits... and neither do you... eod!
2009-01-18, 23:31
462 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:
Bla bla bla, noone is interested in ultimatums, especially when it's something other than described earlier. I can as easily say I quit running servers and QTV and doing anything for QW and the scene if you don't do this and that.

Heh. I just meant it in the way that I totally understand if someone is really used to playing with this style of strafing and suddenly it gets banned they may feel it's the last straw.
2009-03-20, 12:11
61 posts

Jul 2007
K fuck it , iam shure what i know
2009-03-20, 12:56
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Can you provide us with your script that you claim still works?
2009-03-20, 14:42
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
jogihoogi wrote:
you should team up with apollyon and make queens of the qw stoneage tribute client.
now to the more objective part.
that script has been around for years (first fuhquake release) so 'they' are not changing qw once again.
and please dont drag milton into that mudpile , he will beat the living shit out of anyone(insert exceptions i am not aware of at the moment) even if they use the script.
and while were at it, (for the people out there whos human factor does not allow them to sense sarcasm, sarcasm on)
1. remove the ocrana leds they were added to make reading messages easier they took out the human factor: reading capabilities! OMFG.
2. r_drawflat/gl_max_size oh sweet baby jesus its all brown!
3. rgb colored teamskins, please someone find me that color in the quake pallete. in case you didnt get it people see in different contrasts.
4. (team|enemy)(quad|pent)skins !?!!!!!111einseins
(sarcasm off)
lets even take it further, what about short sighted people? do glasses count as a semi aimbot now because you can identifiy your targets easier?

but lets make a practiacal example by using your mathmagic
map: dm4
players: milton vs someoneusingthescript(lets call him zoner from here on)
- milton killed zoner in the mh room
- zoner spawns at tele top
now without the script zoner would try to get the lg dieing before reaching it
thats zoner: -1, milton: +1 = 2
with zoner using the script
zoner would reach the lg, but he would still die leaving extra cells
thats zoner: -1(again), milton: +3(the extra cells which could, roughly, kill a fresh spawned zoner 2 times) = 4 (oh shit dawg stop using the script milton has an advantage!)

the ability to reach items fast only is a valid point if people are already at a certain level(which is quite high) at which the script wont help anymore.

quakeworld has been changed over and over alot, bunnyhopping in general has been made easier too.
and just because you would like to keep sucking at strafing do not force other people to do the same.

bottom line is good players would not care because they would still win.

i hereby apologize to milton for making him part of my argumentation

How can I vote for the above post to be included as the first verse in the Holy Bible?
2009-03-20, 15:07
61 posts

Jul 2007
K fuck it , iam shure what i know
2009-03-20, 15:13
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Ok, could you then send it to my email jan.raszyk@gmail.com ? I'd appreciate it, thnx.
2009-03-20, 19:42
401 posts

Mar 2006
I am a proud "allow_scripts 0" player
2009-08-18, 13:47
122 posts

Jan 2007
Ok, here is my script, that should be banned(?):

alias +axe "+attack %1; impulse 1; r_drawviewmodel 1"
alias -axe "-attack %1; impulse 2; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias +shotgun "+attack %1; impulse 3 2"
alias -shotgun "-attack %1"
alias +boom1 "+attack %1; impulse 2"
alias -boom1 "-attack %1"
alias +grenade "+attack %1; impulse 6 2"
alias -grenade "-attack %1"
alias +nail "+attack %1; impulse 5 4 3 2"
alias -nail "-attack %1"
alias +rock "+attack %1; impulse 7 8 5 4 3 2"
alias -rock "-attack %1"
alias +shaft "+attack %1; impulse 8 7 5 4 3 2; fov 90; sensitivity 10"// v_viewheight 0"
alias -shaft "-attack %1; fov 120; sensitivity 20"// v_viewheight -7
bind v "+nail"
bind i "+boom1"
bind y "+boom1"
bind l "+axe"
bind MOUSE1 "+rock"
bind MOUSE2 "+shaft"
bind MOUSE3 "+grenade"
bind MOUSE4 "+shotgun"
bind MOUSE5 "+nail"

It allows me to switch to another weapon without worring about releasing button of the previous weapon. Just like the strafe script (that I use as well at the moment :-) ).
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
2009-08-18, 15:14
1435 posts

Jan 2006
No, only movement commands (+moveleft +forward +left ...) are affected
2009-08-18, 15:51
122 posts

Jan 2007
Me config does the same to weapons that +moveleft script does to movement, only there is more then 2 buttons. The magic %1 makes the difference.
--
2009-08-18, 16:02
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Unreal wrote:
Ok, here is my script, that should be banned(?):

alias +axe "+attack %1; impulse 1; r_drawviewmodel 1"
alias -axe "-attack %1; impulse 2; r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias +shotgun "+attack %1; impulse 3 2"
alias -shotgun "-attack %1"
alias +boom1 "+attack %1; impulse 2"
alias -boom1 "-attack %1"
alias +grenade "+attack %1; impulse 6 2"
alias -grenade "-attack %1"
alias +nail "+attack %1; impulse 5 4 3 2"
alias -nail "-attack %1"
alias +rock "+attack %1; impulse 7 8 5 4 3 2"
alias -rock "-attack %1"
alias +shaft "+attack %1; impulse 8 7 5 4 3 2; fov 90; sensitivity 10"// v_viewheight 0"
alias -shaft "-attack %1; fov 120; sensitivity 20"// v_viewheight -7
bind v "+nail"
bind i "+boom1"
bind y "+boom1"
bind l "+axe"
bind MOUSE1 "+rock"
bind MOUSE2 "+shaft"
bind MOUSE3 "+grenade"
bind MOUSE4 "+shotgun"
bind MOUSE5 "+nail"

It allows me to switch to another weapon without worring about releasing button of the previous weapon. Just like the strafe script (that I use as well at the moment :-) ).

I think ezQuake already works like this, at least my install does. :S Or is it necessary to have it like this for the fov/sensitivity/etc to change when pressing two fire buttons?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-08-18, 16:30
122 posts

Jan 2007
Ok, I'll explane:

In scriptless QW imagine a situation: I hold down RL button, press and hold down LG button -- RL will stop firing and LG will start firing. Now while still holding LG button down I release RL button. Bah... I stop shooting from anything. I.e. LG button is pressed but no shooting. Just tested that in ezQuake 1.9.2.

With my script (donated by Tonik BTW) I can release RL button and LG won't stop firing.

Isn't it the like the thing that movement script does?
--
2009-08-18, 16:43
357 posts

Nov 2008
Yes, but the movement script gives you an advantage of speed, that weapon script isnt any advantage imo. What ezQuake movement script blocks is aliases, or scripts including (+moveleft +forward +left ...) because they are used for strafe scripting aid and automatic rocketjumping, that gives advantege in speed and heigh.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2009-08-18, 16:51
370 posts

May 2006
blAze wrote:
If you remove weapon scripts, I quit. This is a shooter game, not a typewriting exercise.

<333333
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page