User panel stuff on forum
  28 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2008-12-28, 16:28
31 posts

Mar 2007
A new 1on1 map \o/ It`s a complete remake of dad.bsp. Main difference is that the map is quite a bit smaller and simplified and there are now 3 teleporters instead of 0 originally. I also added more health and ammo and a GA. There are more tricks and jumps possible and many of the old ones are easier to do. It`s easier to move around now. Textures are new too. Gameplay should be pretty different from dad. Maybe no one cares about new maps but I had fun mapping again.

Screenshot:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/zakaa/dad2a.jpg

Map:
http://www.saunalahti.fi/zakaa/dad2.bsp

24 bit textures:
http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/files/misc/dad2_textures_zaka.zip
2008-12-28, 17:30
344 posts

Apr 2007
sweeet dude, whats the skybox name?
2008-12-28, 17:51
31 posts

Mar 2007
Skybox in the screenshot is called dragonheart. Its made by kell. Can be found here: http://kell.quaddicted.com/skyboxes.html
2008-12-28, 17:57
344 posts

Apr 2007
well, then "skygroup dragonheart dad2" here I come
2008-12-28, 21:31
99 posts

Feb 2006
I liked dad, this looks cool
2008-12-29, 05:26
252 posts

Dec 2006
Well done Zaka, I think I prefer the original though.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2008-12-29, 15:32
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Added to my servers! fog.mine.nu:28501-28506
2009-12-23, 08:40
9 posts

Feb 2008
I heard that Flintheart can make loc files. Can it please be done for this map? Thanks.
2009-12-23, 19:52
9 posts

Oct 2007
awesome map! locs? waypoints?!
2009-12-23, 19:58
156 posts

Mar 2007
I made waypoints for it a few months ago. Right click and save as:
http://tlb.quakedev.com/files/fbxways/main/dad2.way
2009-12-23, 22:09
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
could anyone explain waypoints to me? I never got that... I mean, there's locs, what more is needed?
Join us on discord.quake.world
2009-12-23, 22:47
156 posts

Mar 2007
bps wrote:
could anyone explain waypoints to me? I never got that... I mean, there's locs, what more is needed?

Waypoints are for bots. If you have waypoints for a map, then the map will have bot support. Usually, the preferred bot is Frikbots (which is what I linked to above) I'm not much of an online player myself, but I love to play bots. For this reason, I have made hundreds of waypoints for various user maps for the Frikbots.

In my opinion, every map should be released with waypoints of some kind.
2009-12-23, 23:14
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Lightning Hunter, going a bit off topic here... But are the waypoints you create for frikbot in the same format as the waypoints used for frogbot?
2009-12-24, 05:19
156 posts

Mar 2007
Zalon wrote:
Lightning Hunter, going a bit off topic here... But are the waypoints you create for frikbot in the same format as the waypoints used for frogbot?

I don't believe so, although I haven't played with the Frogbots much. It certainly would be great if someone could modify the Frogbot code to recognize Frikbot waypoints. This would make my efforts more universal. Although, there are certain situations that I think the Frogbots wouldn't do as well on with waypoints designed for the Frikbot AI. For example, I've actually manipulated some bugs with the Frikbots to get them to perform certain functions. Those same "bugs" may not be there with the Frogbots. With as precise as I've designed the waypoints, I'm sure there would be discrepancies.

On a side note - I'm actually ready to release a pack of waypoints for nearly 400 maps - all of them created and/or improved by me and tested extensively with the bots. I just have to make a readme file. It's funny how something as measly as a readme file would delay me for weeks now.
2009-12-24, 09:59
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Hehe, I know exactly how that is

But I doubt anyone is gonna be working on frogbot code tho. However the frikbots are much better movement wise and such, more realistic and it's not messed up with NQ/QW code like frogbot is. However I've never found frikbots as challenging as frogbots :/
2009-12-24, 16:34
6 posts

Feb 2006
Access forbidden! 8(
2009-12-24, 18:33
9 posts

Feb 2008
Lightning Hunter wrote:

I've tried putting this in the quake\frickbot\maps directory but the bots don't move until they see me or another bot. Is this normal or should they follow a route on their own?
2009-12-24, 19:39
156 posts

Mar 2007
:F vamp wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

I've tried putting this in the quake\frickbot\maps directory but the bots don't move until they see me or another bot. Is this normal or should they follow a route on their own?

No, that's not normal. Are you certain that you are using dad2.bsp and not dad.bsp? Are there any error messages in the console when you load up the level? Do you have waypoints installed for any other bot for dad2.bsp? If the bsp .ent file itself includes any waypoints for other bots, then these won't work.

They work perfectly fine for me.
2009-12-24, 19:41
156 posts

Mar 2007
op3l wrote:
Access forbidden! 8(

I'll put the map on Quaketastic later, since all Zaka's links seem to be broken now.
2009-12-24, 20:41
19 posts

Dec 2009
cannot download it

----------------------------------------------------------------

Åtkomst förbjuden!

Du har inte tillräckliga rättigheter för att få tillgång till det önskade objektet. Objektet är lässkyddat eller inte läsbart för servern.

Om du tror att detta beror på ett serverfel, vänligen kontakta webbansvarig.
Error 403
www.saunalahti.fi
Thu Dec 24 22:35:20 2009
Apache/2.2.4
2009-12-24, 21:55
156 posts

Mar 2007
Here:
http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/files/multiplayer/maps/dad2.zip
2009-12-24, 22:32
9 posts

Feb 2008
Lightning Hunter wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

No, that's not normal. Are you certain that you are using dad2.bsp and not dad.bsp? Are there any error messages in the console when you load up the level? Do you have waypoints installed for any other bot for dad2.bsp? If the bsp .ent file itself includes any waypoints for other bots, then these won't work.

I thought that nquake's frogbots were conflictin with the frikbots, but I tried it with a new install of fuhquake and I can't get them to work right with custom maps there either. DM2, 3, 4, and 6 seem work fine and I get the message "Quakec waypoints detected" but I don't get the message for the other maps.

Am I supposed to start a server and connect to it?
2009-12-26, 22:17
156 posts

Mar 2007
Lightning Hunter wrote:

I thought that nquake's frogbots were conflictin with the frikbots, but I tried it with a new install of fuhquake and I can't get them to work right with custom maps there either. DM2, 3, 4, and 6 seem work fine and I get the message "Quakec waypoints detected" but I don't get the message for the other maps.

I haven't tested them with Fuhquake, but it seems to me they should work just fine, as long as the Frikbots themselves work. You do not need to connect to a server or anything. All you need to do is make sure DM mode is turned on, and load up the map. Assuming you have both Dad2.way and Dad2.bsp in the Frikbots\Maps folder, it should work. You absolutely sure they are in the right place?
2009-12-29, 09:41
9 posts

Feb 2008
Lightning Hunter wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

I haven't tested them with Fuhquake, but it seems to me they should work just fine, as long as the Frikbots themselves work. You do not need to connect to a server or anything. All you need to do is make sure DM mode is turned on, and load up the map. Assuming you have both Dad2.way and Dad2.bsp in the Frikbots\Maps folder, it should work. You absolutely sure they are in the right place?

Yea, I made sure both .bsp and .way files were in my c:\fuhquake\frikbot\maps directory.

and these were the bat files i used= c:\fuhquake\fuhquake-gl.exe -game frikbot -condebug -listen 16
and c:\fuhquake\fuhquake-gl.exe +gamedir frikbot -condebug - listen 16

I tried with aerowalk, efdm10, doomed, and dad2, but it's all the same... they go grab aweapon or armor that's nearby, then they stop and won't move until i come into view.
2009-12-29, 09:42
9 posts

Feb 2008
I heard that Flintheart can make loc files. Can it please be done for this map? Thanks.

I made the loc files myself if anyone is interested. here's the link=

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmdjt1yywg2

edit: new version. pointing to ra now says ra instead of ra-yard.
2009-12-29, 20:06
9 posts

Feb 2008
Lightning Hunter wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:

I don't think they frikbot waypoints work with qw. I just tried frikbots in qrack and they work fine there, but they dont' work in ezquake or fuh. oh well~~ :f
2009-12-29, 20:25
156 posts

Mar 2007
Quote:
I don't think they frikbot waypoints work with qw. I just tried frikbots in qrack and they work fine there, but they dont' work in ezquake or fuh. oh well~~ :f

Did you look through the Frikbot readme file? I believe it explains how to get Frikbots working in Quake World, but I've never tried. If other people got it working in QW, then I'm sure you can too. But anyway, this is not a problem with my waypoints. It's just a matter of getting the Frikbots to work properly in QW, which I believe the readme file explains.

I'm not a coder, but I would be happy if anyone ever decided to start updating the Frikbots once again. I have a list of things that need fixing.
2009-12-29, 22:16
9 posts

Feb 2008
Lightning Hunter wrote:
Quote:

Did you look through the Frikbot readme file? I believe it explains how to get Frikbots working in Quake World, but I've never tried. If other people got it working in QW, then I'm sure you can too. But anyway, this is not a problem with my waypoints. It's just a matter of getting the Frikbots to work properly in QW, which I believe the readme file explains.

I'm not a coder, but I would be happy if anyone ever decided to start updating the Frikbots once again. I have a list of things that need fixing.

I was hoping that the bots would work right out the box, but i don't think it works without some fiddling (atleast for me).. like, the readme talks about compiling things for either regular quake or for qw. So, I think something isgetting borked up when i try to use your waypoints in my qw games.. that or the bot package i have isn't 100%compatible with qw.

either way, i'm going to just play online. :f

but if anyone has gotten them to work with qw, let me know!
  28 posts on 1 page  1