User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
LAN tournaments
2008-12-17, 14:39
129 posts

Mar 2007
Hey - just looking at booking my flights to Stockholm, and wondering what time it all kicks off on the Friday.

Looking at two flights on the 2nd of Jan atm. One gets in at 1045, one at 1420. The first one requires getting up at sparrows fart so I'd rather avoid it, but likewise don't want to miss half a day...

It's flying into Arlanda which I believe is relatively close to the venue.
2008-12-17, 15:20
129 posts

Mar 2007
Also thinking about hanging around till the next weekend (10th or 11th). Probably get bored in stockholm for that long but how far north would I have to go to see some proper snow?
2008-12-17, 16:08
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
sparrows fart... i was going to answer your question but now i am suddenly hungry for avian-hatched methane
2008-12-17, 22:23
1754 posts

Jan 2006
you won't miss anything showing up at 1420, no problem
arlanda is closest yes.
And proper snow, depends on the weather.. hopefully there will be snow in sthlm then, maybe not.. although if you're looking for skiing or snowboarding many slopes in stockholm have their snowcannons running and will be covered
other than that you might wanna go to the real north, up in Dalarna with the nice mountains, those are guaranteed covered by that time :>
2008-12-18, 22:00
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
yea.

Me and Hectic will stay until the 10th. Since we've never been to sweden before, we though about staying in stockholm, in a hotel or somthing (something around 50€ per night - or cheaper. Maybe some of you from stockholm could tell us some nice and cheap hotels or motel or even rooms. we need a place to crash and we like adventure

Also, would be cool also if we could meet Driz after the lan too. since we're all tourists, maybe we can arrange something. share taxi expenses, or share hotel room (heauha) or somthing. dunno.
Would be extra-nice if some other quakers who are staying after the lan like us would post here aswell, so we can talk about these stuff in the lan.

also, i will probably arrive at arlanda airport at about 14h the 1st of January. I say probably because i asked to ask my fight for Jan 2nd, but i had no answer yet, so i assume it wont happen. ill arrive at the 1st. SO. Is there any quaker from arlanda or Marsta or nearby kind enough to let me crash at his place? I may stay at a hotel in arlanda for that night though. but i wanted something cheap. help ?

Long live QH LAN!!

edit: i found what seems to be a nice directory of cheap motels in stockholm:
http://www.visit-stockholm.com/accommodation-stockholm/youthhostels-stockholm.htm
again: maybe someone from stockholm can help. look at that list and tell us which ones are best located / good looking.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2008-12-19, 22:41
28 posts

Aug 2008
Que menino.... "we like adventure"

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Só eu é que tenho de levar os livrinhos comigo e estudar... dasse
"Together we stand, divided we fall"
2008-12-19, 23:27
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
mushi wrote:
edit: i found what seems to be a nice directory of cheap motels in stockholm:
http://www.visit-stockholm.com/accommodation-stockholm/youthhostels-stockholm.htm
again: maybe someone from stockholm can help. look at that list and tell us which ones are best located / good looking.

Since i found Skanstull's hostel i've been curious to try it out. Cheap and fresh, judging from the pictures at least.

Edit: I've tried Af Chapman which is on that list and that is ok too, but i would try out my first tip first.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2008-12-22, 13:03
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
seems indeed nice, ake. Thanks
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2009-01-06, 13:44
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Hi guys!
amazing qhlan it was! Now im in Skanstull's hostel in stockholm with my mate HeCtiC and Driz! We re visiting the city. if youre near and would like to meet us, here is my contact +351 914 805 42 We would like to meet you, thats for sure.
Hugs!
When i get back, i will upload my photos and videos of qhlan.

ps. TACK Ake for the tip. the hostel is wonderful!
2009-01-06, 17:28
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Nice to hear that you liked it! Looking forward to browse all QHLAN material you guys have.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-01-06, 18:29
569 posts

Feb 2006
http://www.desdichado.se/aksel/qh/demos.rar

http://www.desdichado.se/aksel/qh/demos2.rar

here are all demos from server 1 and 2. Downloaded after the 4on4 final. So should include all official duel and 4on4 games.

Ill be removing em from that location in a week or two, so dont think of it as a permanent link.
2009-01-06, 18:30
398 posts

Feb 2006
damn, can't believe I missed the fiesta that qhlan is xD
  12 posts on 1 page  1