5 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2008-11-22, 14:13
569 posts

Feb 2006
I have a setup like this.

Monitor 1 (WinVista Secondary)
Monitor 2 (WinVista Primary)

previous to installing latest nvidia drivers, ezquake would launch on monitor 1, while start menu and games like starcraft would be on the WinVista primary.

After installing 180.xx driver all games are displayed on Monitor 2. Anyone know if there is a setting for this?
2008-11-22, 15:36
705 posts

Feb 2006
does your GPU have one blitter?
2008-11-22, 16:08
569 posts

Feb 2006
no idea, its a 8800gts 320mb.

But this should be some setting thing i figure, as it used to work as i said with the older nvdia drivers.

To clarify the problems. After installing new drivers, all games run on the OS primary monitor, before some games (like ezquake) would run on monitor #1.
2008-11-22, 19:01
113 posts

Apr 2006
This is a little offtopic and doesn't really help you sort out your problem but it's related to a possible solution =).

Currently the stable version of ezQuake runs only on one monitor if you make it fullscreen (don't know exactly how it determines that). There has been some code committed by Cokeman so that ezquake will run on the monitor from which you maximize it (from window mode, press alt-enter) so that you can control where ezquake goes to fullscreen. If you are interested in this feature please test one of the recent nightlies (there's a link to them on the ezquake homepage) and give feedback to the ezquake team.

If you want to solve it, why don't you just switch your monitors around ? I would assume that launching games on the primary screen would be the preferred setting from the OS point of view so how it's working now is the correct way.
biomass
2008-11-22, 19:48
569 posts

Feb 2006
biomass wrote:
I would assume that launching games on the primary screen would be the preferred setting from the OS point of view so how it's working now is the correct way.

Yeh it makes sense sure. But i liked that it would launch qw on my crt screen and other games on the tft.
  5 posts on 1 page  1