User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2008-10-02, 17:54
188 posts

May 2007
OK the subject may sound a bit strange, but I tried to be as accurate as possible. =)
Anyway, what I basically want is to have 2 accounts on my computer: An admin account with everything standard, antivirus and all this little unnecessary stuff the eats up power from the computer. And a second user account which I only want to play qw with, by this I mean shutting down all unnecessary stuff in msconfig and services.msc. The problem is, that I cant access the msconfig from the non-admin account and that I cant change anything in the services.msc. I have to shut down this stuff to be able to play QW with constant fps.

OS is WinXP

Thx a lot
2008-10-02, 18:13
231 posts

Jan 2006
i think you have to set your user account to admin in account settings, control panel...
2008-10-02, 18:27
188 posts

May 2007
If I make a second admin account, the changes I make will affect all accounts.
2008-10-02, 18:42
173 posts

Jun 2008
hmm, afaik it is down to the application - not you.

Most of the apps that you can alter from msconfig are actually running under a system account - and will start no matter who logs in. Same goes for services.

TBH, if you really need the extra cpu cycles, and are prepared to log out / log in best bet would be to duel boot. Have a build for QW and a build for day to day stuff.

I tried that for a while when I first started using Vista. I used vista for work / IM / e-mail / etc and xp for games. Restarting was so annoying - best solution is to buy a better pc :p
2008-10-02, 18:43
21 posts

Jan 2006
get a better computer if you dont get such ez game as qw to run smooth =)
Rest In Pieces.
2008-10-02, 20:40
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Right click on the service you want to change, go to "log on" tab and select what accounts can use the service.
Servers: Troopers
  6 posts on 1 page  1