User panel stuff on forum
  16 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2008-08-10, 15:11
36 posts

Jul 2008
Sometimes I get frags, but there are no kills registered. Why is that?

Is there a good place to learn basic information like that about QW?
2008-08-10, 20:10
36 posts

Jul 2008
Sorry, but how can there be over 40 views and no replies?

Does this only happen to me? Is it a bug? Is it a setting? Have I misunderstood something?
2008-08-10, 20:26
347 posts

Feb 2006
I don't understand the question. All I can say is that you lose frags for suiciding. Where do you see these kills?
2008-08-10, 21:16
36 posts

Jul 2008
I see them in the scores, when I click tab: it lists frags, kills and deaths. When I play FFA, most players got about as many frags as they got kills, while I got many more frags than kills. I also see that many of the frags I make aren't registered in the "ownfrag" output, but only in the message-list. I don't understand why that is.
2008-08-11, 19:36
36 posts

Jul 2008
Ok, I'll try to simplify it as much as possible:

-- When I press tab I can see the scores: frags, names of players, kills, deaths, etc.

-- When I frags someone, it says in the upper left corner that eg. "<player> was fragged by wave (me)," but it doesn't say on the middle of the screen that "You fragged <player>" (HUD element "ownfrag".

-- Also, in the scores that I mentioned, it says that I eg. got 20 frags and 10 deaths, but "kills" is 0. I don't know the difference between frags and kills, but most other players on the FFA server got about as many frags as kills, while I only got 0.

I hope that was a better explanation.
2008-08-11, 19:54
1435 posts

Jan 2006
show screenshot, post demo
2008-08-12, 07:14
569 posts

Feb 2006
hmm, if the scoreboard should show kills, u need to activate something. cant remember what tho...
2008-08-12, 10:03
77 posts

Feb 2008
I gonna try to explain what i think it is, but i suck in english.

If you join a FFA game in the middle of the map, the frags you see is correct on the players that plays on the FFA server you just joined, but the kills/death starts to count from the second you join the server. But if it is the same at your own scoreline it is just some kind of wierd bug I think. Same is when you join as spectator in a game, the frags are correct but the kills/teamkills/death starts to count when you join the server.

I hope you understand my english.
2008-08-12, 10:59
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Yes, that's correct explanation. The client counts kills/deaths/teamkills from the fragmessages. That is, the client parses the text "someone rides someoneelse's rocket" and there is no better way to do it in QW at the moment. There can be various issues:
the mod uses custom frag messages not known to the client (this is what happened on FOD FFA not so long ago, problem for players who's nick ended with "s" letter)
you use ktpro autotrack which does reset these stats for some reason (it's a known bug of ezQuake)
2008-09-01, 01:32
121 posts

May 2006
on that subject...

i've been trying to use this feature of displaying kills/tks on the scoreboard while using def's hud .. and after setting it like this:

cl_parsefrags 1
cl_loadfragfiles 1
r_tracker_frags 0

it works perfectly, except for one thing: a huge msg saying ' YOU FRAGGED ** ' pops up everytime i kill anyone..

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1808/ezquake000ka7.th.jpg
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2008-09-01, 05:01
355 posts

Jun 2006
/hide ownfrags

That will get rid of it.
2008-09-01, 17:43
121 posts

May 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
/hide ownfrags

That will get rid of it.

Thank you m8! now it's just rockin..
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2009-03-22, 17:53
685 posts

Jul 2007
Hey I actually want to see the "You fragged ...." message, but I DON'T want to see the killing spree messages about other players or myself. Only the "you fragged..." thing. So far I can either see it all, or nothing.
2009-03-22, 20:05
312 posts

Feb 2006
megalodon wrote:
Hey I actually want to see the "You fragged ...." message, but I DON'T want to see the killing spree messages about other players or myself. Only the "you fragged..." thing. So far I can either see it all, or nothing.

So turn all r_tracker (tab) stuff to zero and hud_ownfrags or something to enable the "you fragged" thing.
2009-03-22, 21:29
16 posts

Apr 2007
well... if you frag someone you get a kill but if you bore/suicide you loose one frag but not kills..

10frags.. 2 bores is 8 frags but still 10kills.
2009-03-23, 09:16
685 posts

Jul 2007
mipa wrote:
megalodon wrote:

So turn all r_tracker (tab) stuff to zero and hud_ownfrags or something to enable the "you fragged" thing.

I tried to do that, but if I don't enable both of them, it won't work for some reason. And when I got things set up so that it should only display frag msg's related to myself I still see other players' killing spree-msg's etc.

EDIT: found it, it was R_tracker_streaks that needed to be set at '0'.

I also got rid of the frame around the ownfrags message and scaled it to my liking. Awesome
  16 posts on 1 page  1