User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2008-08-08, 01:07
226 posts

Jun 2006
I'm trying to get my crosshair color to be yellow only when i have the grenade launcher or rocket launcher. What I'm using right now is bind shift weapon 7; crosshaircolor yellow (or whatever it is). The problem is that if i run out of rockets and i fire again it switches to shotgun and the crosshair color is still yellow when i want it to be green.

I wish I would have saved what I was messing with, but I think it was something like bind shift weapon 7 6 5 4 3 2 1; if weapon < 6 crosshair color green.

Any help would be appreciated.
--irc.quakenet.org #telefrag.me and #QWL | foogsQuakeWorld Ladder
2008-08-08, 01:29
355 posts

Jun 2006
alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum == 8 __lgsettings else if $weaponnum == 7 __rlsettings else if $weaponnum == 6 __glsettings else __normalsettings"

Then just create the appropriate aliases with the correct colors, images, sizes, fov, sens, whatever you want to use. I just did the general format for others to see in case they were wondering the same thing.

In your case:
alias f_weaponchange "if $weaponnum == 7 __grlsettings else if $weaponnum == 6 __grlsettings else __normalsettings"
alias __grlsettings "crosshaircolor 255 255 0"
alias __normalsettings "crosshaircolor 0 255 0"

You do not bind f_weaponchange. Instead, think of it as a trigger that ezquake calls every instance there is a weapon change.
2008-08-08, 02:54
226 posts

Jun 2006
oh fucking tight. thanks plazmaz. I knew there was an easy way.
2008-08-08, 05:08
226 posts

Jun 2006
although with ezquakes weapon hide it just goes back to green now. anyone have a clever solution for that? -=]
2008-08-08, 14:04
226 posts

Jun 2006
This is probably not possible to do because the shotgun will always get selected with weapon hide. Might have to learn how to switch back to a shotgun when not using any other weapon. No worries.
  5 posts on 1 page  1