User panel stuff on forum
  19 posts on 1 page  1
Site Feedback
2006-03-06, 18:52
248 posts

Jan 2006
I dont have any idea about how qw.nu are gonna be when ready, i guess/hope it will be great. Perhaps ppl can here give their opinion about what they want to have there. This is what i came up with:

Maps.quakeworld.nu
Like the old one, i liked it a lot. Perhaps link to challengetv demos for each map. And add a section for maps that are under construcion/new so that ppl in a smooth way can download and give feedback to the author. Perhaps that will demand more of the mappers, but i think that they can add some sshots and info about their map and in return get feedback from the once that gonna play it!

Gfx.quakeworld.nu
I dont know what exactly to put here but i know that ppl what it. Like huds/textures/crosshair/eyecandy/cfgs and so on...

Downloads.quakeworld.nu
Cfgs, extras (like serv-u/me plugin for mirc), serverpack, clientpack, other stuff

Interviews
I get really happy when i see a new interview. And this seems to come along nicely. Perhaps make a interview of the week. Also give them a small section where all interviews are collected with nicks and dates.

Latest post
Like it was before. 10 latest posts thats made on the forum.

Active servers
If this is possible i would like it a lot. Just like the latest post, a small frame on one side of the page. There it would be cool to sync with www.quakeservers.net (or do it in another way) with active games sorted by number of players (or perhaps make ppl have there own preferences). It should only be listing servers geograficly close to the person browsing the page, it could use the "location" specified in the forum. Or just add some more perferences options like, favorite servers, location, gamemode (duel/team) number of servers to show ect... The diisplay could be something like: "servername:port teamA vs TeamB scores vs scores", and perhaps linking to www.quakeservers.net with more info about the game, players/specs/ping and so on. After all qw is about games....
2006-03-06, 22:28
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
maps.qw.nu
we got the files and will be put togheter!!

Downloads.qw.nu
we got something else for you

Interviews
got it pretty sorted right now I think with about 1 / week (angua/slackers/milton)

Latest post
Show recent posts >>> http://quakeworld.nu/forum/search.php?action=show_24h

Active servers
we are right now working on a script to show active servers on the frontpage!!!

anything more??
2006-03-07, 00:05
447 posts

Jan 2006
I'd like to see a function for revealing fakers, like there once was (a kind of search engine where you could enter the fakenick and get all the different nicks that player had used lately) - if it's doable.
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2006-03-07, 05:26
248 posts

Jan 2006
yea, exposure.quakeworld.nu, do that
2006-03-07, 12:43
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
well it actually is!
we got the code for exposure and we can eazly install it on bltpowah/intar and the other servers but I dunno about the major servers like war/iop are abit harder.. but maybe if its all in a gz file and ready to be unrared and installed then its another "femma"..
2006-03-07, 12:56
231 posts

Jan 2006
new maps from authors will be hard hangman! people just play tb3 :\ a good map take many month to make! and few people can make a good perfect map for nobody to play :\ for exemple!!! enraged.bsp 4on4 map that jago made! Jago is one of the best mapper´s i know, he is real good and in enraged he waste many many hours and nobody play on his map. is a litle frustacion... that´s why i´m more in single player maps for quake...ehehe at least single player maps more then 200 player´s play then

p.s--> i think every year a new map should enter!!! for each category tb3 stay normaly but 1 map a year whould be great in my opinion could make great mapper´s to come back to activity... like qurnel and mishu that made a lottttttt os maps and nobody play then :| or schloss of Zaka the map took real many many time to make for sure... and anybody play it? i saw some goodplayer games but was just wend me map come out... then died!
2006-03-07, 13:27
59 posts

Jan 2006
Trinca wrote:
new maps from authors will be hard hangman! people just play tb3 :\ a good map take many month to make! and few people can make a good perfect map for nobody to play :\ for exemple!!! enraged.bsp 4on4 map that jago made! Jago is one of the best mapper´s i know, he is real good and in enraged he waste many many hours and nobody play on his map. is a litle frustacion... that´s why i´m more in single player maps for quake...ehehe at least single player maps more then 200 player´s play then

p.s--> i think every year a new map should enter!!! for each category tb3 stay normaly but 1 map a year whould be great in my opinion could make great mapper´s to come back to activity... like qurnel and mishu that made a lottttttt os maps and nobody play then :| or schloss of Zaka the map took real many many time to make for sure... and anybody play it? i saw some goodplayer games but was just wend me map come out... then died!

Your right Trinca. It's sad that there is so many maps out there that noone plays
I'm still waiting for Waterwalk from Preacher.
2006-03-07, 14:59
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
well this discusion has been up so many times and I can only say what I feel!
we got summer cups etc going on and there ppl play the other maps, its to bad that the cmt sites are not online so u can see the activity for these maps..
you could perhaps add it to the nqr4on4 ladder? and on the servers, then u got it optimized for the players
2006-03-07, 16:22
231 posts

Jan 2006
i know u are not a tb3 fanatic sassa and you play the other´s maps but most 60% of "top" players only tb3 are good and reject the rest :\

know something important maps.quakeworld.nu will be back?
2006-03-07, 16:59
693 posts

Jan 2006
Unknown, the PHP code still exists but all of the data is gone. We also don't have a database schema for it, and jezaja is going to have to reconstruct it just using the PHP code, which will be time-consuming and he is a busy man.
2006-03-07, 17:13
231 posts

Jan 2006
omg :\ can someone shot the bastard that did this to our second home?
2006-03-07, 18:40
22 posts

Mar 2006
i'm glad that this forum is back online
2006-03-08, 15:05
248 posts

Jan 2006
i just noticed that http://fuhquake.quakeworld.nu/ works again, perhaps put a link to that on the frontpage? Perfect to point ppl to!
2006-03-26, 11:39
248 posts

Jan 2006
music.quakeworld.nu

dqm song

thats what is is

(plz make more songs then this )
2006-03-26, 23:07
54 posts

Mar 2006
Hangman wrote:
Gfx.quakeworld.nu
I dont know what exactly to put here but i know that ppl what it. Like huds/textures/crosshair/eyecandy/cfgs and so on...

This would be great. Currently to find gfx for a new player it's very difficult.. when i got back into QW six months ago people weren't very helpful and I basically had it work it out myself and google hardout for nice huds etc (as qw.nu was down!) and I eventually ended up photoshopping my own and tweaking other peoples to get something I liked.

I think what we could do here is in the Custom Graphics forum people can Nominate GFX/HUD items to be put on the gfx.quakeworld.nu site...
This idea pwns and should be implemented immediately.. !

TBH I wouldn't mind running the site.. but my coding knowledge is... terrible So if someone could build it, i'll maintain it!
2006-03-27, 05:47
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i think everything that is made should be put up on gfx.quakeworld.nu, and you could have ratings on the site with different lists sorting popularity and rating...
2006-03-27, 17:59
1011 posts

Feb 2006
http://ibc.quakeworld.nu

it'd be nice to have an International Bot Challenge 2006, ideally with an updated qwprogs.dat to fix the LG knockback
2006-03-27, 18:01
1011 posts

Feb 2006
here is an archive.org of the old table/standings
2006-03-27, 21:26
54 posts

Mar 2006
oldman wrote:
http://ibc.quakeworld.nu

it'd be nice to have an International Bot Challenge 2006, ideally with an updated qwprogs.dat to fix the LG knockback

seconded!
  19 posts on 1 page  1