User panel stuff on forum
  89 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2008-07-15, 19:21
1026 posts

Feb 2006
PlaZmaZ this thread is about changing QW, not about why QW is "perfect" as it is and why we should oppose any change for whatever reason
god damn hippies >_<
2008-07-15, 19:30
355 posts

Jun 2006
Aquashark wrote:
PlaZmaZ this thread is about changing QW, not about why QW is "perfect" as it is and why we should oppose any change for whatever reason

I understand that, but I still disagree with your points regarding the GA and VWEP.

To change QW, you don't have to change every single thing in the game.
2008-07-16, 07:24
1026 posts

Feb 2006
"To change QW, you don't have to change every single thing in the game."

that's why i pointed 3 issues + an extra, not every single thing in the game.
didn't say anything about movement, respawn times etc.

weapon hiding in duel is retarded, come on..
it has no use and you'll still be displayed with axe/sg most of the time due to autoswitch scripts.

GA damage absorption is 0.3 (YA 0.6, RA 0.8)..
GA should be 0.4 to close the gap and make a logical progression with multiples of 2: 0.4 -> 0.6 -> 0.8

whatever.. if this is not something reasonable, then nothing else is
god damn hippies >_<
2008-07-16, 09:59
1329 posts

Apr 2006
There's no need to go for:

1) 4on4. This was regarding a new duel mode

2) Changing qw. This will not change qw, but introduce a new game mode (or something like that).

It's obvious that weapons/armors need some finetuning, also it seems that spawns should be thought over too.
Servers: Troopers
2008-07-16, 12:04
1435 posts

Jan 2006
So far you have only suggestion to make LG less powerful. Besides that, no other replies from players "on top".
IIRC Molgrum was making some sort of poll/research that he has given to pro players, maybe his results would help get more feedback? Because this thread didn't work imho.
2008-07-16, 12:44
569 posts

Feb 2006
I rather rebalance maps for duels, than change the game.
Add some more sg/ng ammo on all maps, so it is more of an effort to move around without giving pickup sounds.

dm2, Bars close 5-10 seconds after someone gone thru the teleporter.
dm4, remove 1 rox-pack at ssg, 5rox instead of 10 @ mega
dm6, map is perfect. maybe remove a cell pack. And move the walls at RA-GL ramp a bit more close to each other.
aerowalk, remove some ammo.
ztndm3, remove some ammo.

But for something different. What about dynamic handicap of some sort. Depending on the frag-lead, you give less dammage.
And perhaps a comeback mode. Where your opponent get to know your position on the map every 10th second during the last minute, if you are in the lead.
2008-07-16, 13:39
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
imho there's no need to create a NEW duel mode, but instead fine-tune the actual one. I know this could sound crazy, to change default duel mode, but imo making the shaft less powerful and revise the spawn mode would do the trick
/imo

today, a fully ammored cells (full of cells) player can control every map that has lg if he's good with lg. not to mention if its 25ms vs 55ms, then the control is even more evident.

/imho

edit: GA absorving 0.4 of the damage instead of 0.3 has my vote also
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2008-07-16, 14:33
793 posts

Feb 2006
Willgurht wrote:
But for something different. What about dynamic handicap of some sort. Depending on the frag-lead, you give less dammage.
And perhaps a comeback mode. Where your opponent get to know your position on the map every 10th second during the last minute, if you are in the lead.

both sounds like good ideas for a mod.
2008-07-19, 10:42
226 posts

Mar 2007
I'm not a pro player, actually I don't even play the game anymore but:

-good points with max ammo
-good points with lg (look also above)
-hitboxes, to be honest I don't know why we don't have hitboxes in qw it will make the game even more pro
-splashdamage should be redone. shooting an enemy at dm2's 2xya and doing zero damage because he's standing on the stairs, anyone?
-good points with sng/ng
-If I remember correctly RA was supposed to protect better against fire/explosions and YA against some other things and GA the rest, should these be brought back so RA would protect better against RL/GL, YA against shaft and GA against nails? Or vice versa.
2008-07-19, 17:05
715 posts

May 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
IIRC Molgrum was making some sort of poll/research that he has given to pro players, maybe his results would help get more feedback? Because this thread didn't work imho.

It's still running, atm 7 people have made a vote. Spend 5 minutes and make an impact by voting.
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2008-07-19, 20:11
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
abit off topic, in RQ (quake1) you could write qwsucks during prewar (kinda prewar but without weapons, only jumping mode) and you got a yellow glow around you and to get it to another player you hadto "tuch" him and he had the glow instead.
Perhaps add this feature into the prewar action?

Ill talk to QQ about it if I find him <3

btw, the server was crmod http://crmod.planetquake.gamespy.com/

should be in the source ? (we could write q4sux?)
2008-07-21, 06:37
357 posts

Mar 2006
Sassa, that's in CRMOD not RuneQuake that has "QWSUCKS". Which, basically evokes QUAKETAG. The CRMOD source is closed source, but I'm sure anyone can recreate it. I'm not sure why they felt the need to create a hidden option with that alias, I guess there was rivalry in the early Quake days. :|
2008-07-21, 06:56
569 posts

Feb 2006
netquake was also called RQ / RealQuake.
2008-07-21, 14:18
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he ment Real Quake... But yes, i remember the rivalry, the same with the other quake games, q2/q3. Today we all get along, because there is the non-quake scenes to bash
2008-07-24, 07:17
226 posts

Mar 2007
Actually I don't see why there couldn't be a new 4on4 mode aswell.

Last night I was dreaming about quake where you would lose speed when you get weapons/ammo. Not much, just some 1-5%. And U could drop weapons to gain speed.
2008-07-25, 09:14
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Lose speed? And drop weapons? We you drunk in your dream?
2008-07-26, 20:55
122 posts

Jan 2007
I'd vote for increased LG cells' consumption. And I'd vote for Jawnmode t become official (but I don't like backpack twickings).

About stairs nad RL damage: it's most obvious on ztndm3 when you are below RA and your enemy is running from LG. Those who stands on stairs aill win 80%, I think.
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
2008-10-20, 06:35
12 posts

Nov 2007
Renzo wrote:
I'm sure phil can tell us a story about how he beat an opponent in dm6 who had twice phil's lg skills.

No he can't. Shaft is his only asset
2008-10-20, 07:17
401 posts

Mar 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:

Last night I was dreaming about quake where you would lose speed when you get weapons/ammo. Not much, just some 1-5%. And U could drop weapons to gain speed.

Get out of here.
2008-10-20, 07:44
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
sassa wrote:
abit off topic, in RQ (quake1) you could write qwsucks during prewar (kinda prewar but without weapons, only jumping mode) and you got a yellow glow around you and to get it to another player you hadto "tuch" him and he had the glow instead.
Perhaps add this feature into the prewar action?

Ill talk to QQ about it if I find him <3

btw, the server was crmod http://crmod.planetquake.gamespy.com/

should be in the source ? (we could write q4sux?)

_GOOD_ idea! Couldn't be that hard to implement, and would be a really nice thing to do while killing time in borewar! Wasn't there a prewar thread somewhere in here? Sassa styr upp nu!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2008-10-20, 09:55
1754 posts

Jan 2006
first of all, jon! kom hem nu!
and second, quakeworld should actually learn this from promode, that when in TDM you can actually drop weapons for teammates who are not so fortunate with picking these up. This takes teamplay to another level!
2008-10-20, 10:16
569 posts

Feb 2006
Peppe wrote:
first of all, jon! kom hem nu!
and second, quakeworld should actually learn this from promode, that when in TDM you can actually drop weapons for teammates who are not so fortunate with picking these up. This takes teamplay to another level!

Well. What adds more to teamplay?

1. Having to guard a weapon until a team mate can come and pick it up and possibly not being able to help your team on the next quad/pent.

2. Picking up the weapon and safely distribute it at RA top when you got maplock?
2008-10-20, 10:19
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Depends doesn't it, if you have the weapon you can't drop one and keep one right?
So that scenario doesn't get totally eliminated, I was more thinking how nice it would be to get a sng from a teammate who already has rl, or why not a gl? this would be much more fun.
2008-10-20, 11:29
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Weapon dropping would totally ruin Quakeworld TDM as we know it, especially if you would be able to stack up on weapons in the inventory. :}

imagine TVS having unlimited rocket launchers as Milton just won't die although he's killing 999999999999 RL's.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2008-10-20, 12:55
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Like peppe said, if you drop the weapon you lose it, no stacking obviously.
Servers: Troopers
2008-10-20, 15:49
251 posts

Jul 2007
terrorhead wrote:
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:

Get out of here.

terrorhead <3
2008-10-20, 16:37
401 posts

Mar 2006
pattah wrote:
terrorhead wrote:
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:

Get out of here.

terrorhead <3

I dunno man I think that would be a huge change for quake. I bet most players would not like it but I could be wrong
2008-10-21, 13:18
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
is fraglimit 1 SO HARD TO ENABLE IN KTX????????????????????????????????????????
2008-12-14, 14:54
252 posts

Dec 2006
So what was the result of the survey? I voted for GL fires perfectly straight, direct rocket hit always does 110, non-random spawn times (always 900ms), and of course fallbunny enabled.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
  89 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page